PDA

View Full Version : Donation Goal

MPQC
26 Apr 2011, 09:32pm
Instead of having the goal for the current month, put it on the month that we're reaching. For example, we're above 200% for April. This means that we're collecting money for June. So, set it as:

Goal for June - X%.

RaIphawado
26 Apr 2011, 10:32pm
nice colors

yardy
27 Apr 2011, 03:25am
Yeah those colors are indeed very awesome XD

Labarr
27 Apr 2011, 06:39am
Back to topic...... yes because for May, the bar will be filled already. If we put it as June people might be more "willing" to donate?

MPQC
27 Apr 2011, 07:37am
Back to topic...... yes because for May, the bar will be filled already. If we put it as June people might be more "willing" to donate?

Would you rather donate seeing the goal as 208% or 8%?

hV
27 Apr 2011, 07:46am
I think if we reach our goal and also the goal for next month, we should just reset it back to 0 for May anyway. I mean, people might see it and think "they've reached the goal, why should I feel the need to donate?". Although I doubt that will happen for now with the store being open, I could imagine that the donations will be a bit over average until every player has a skin or trail haha.

Labarr
27 Apr 2011, 12:43pm
Would you rather donate seeing the goal as 208% or 8%?

8%

Suicide
27 Apr 2011, 04:16pm
I think it should be fully reset, just my opinion.

Paralyzed
27 Apr 2011, 06:35pm
Nah, imo once it reached it's donation goal it should be automatically switch to the next month and start to count all donations on there, and so on.

Zaraki
28 Apr 2011, 04:12pm
I think it should be fully reset, just my opinion.

It shouldn't. If Paul would decide to raise it to 400$, he should say it a month before it. So we won't be surprised :p
But just having 300$ extra, will show people that there is some breathing space. There are regular donators, but i'm sure that most of them are happy that there are other people finally start donating too. Resetting it to 0% for may would therefore be stupid. What would be done with the extra money? (Fullmetal: BF3 SERV-! Rest: SHUT UP!!) I'm sure the Higher-ups are happy SG has breathing space, looking back at some previous months where it was nearly impossible and good old Garfy had to hand it over out of his pockets.
Anyway, i don't think the donations will stop coming just because of that bar that's filled.. It's until people stop having interest in the !store.
Therefore we should be looking out for more ways to keep players interested in SG, it's extra's for paying and the whole community itself (Trolls and whiny bitches included).

Good night ^^

Tweezy
30 Apr 2011, 05:43pm
I just want to point out, the massive increase in "donations" are because of the store plugin, they just want to gain more items, they probably don't give a shit about the community goal.

Anyway, keep it as it is, imagine if we kept on hitting 2 months worth of donations on one month, 4 months down the line that donation bar would be fucked... We wouldn't be able to keep track.

If anything, money left over from all the monthly subscriptions which SG pays for should be added do Mays donations, when May comes.

Oh, it's may! 15 days till my BDAY!

Suicide
30 Apr 2011, 06:07pm
I just want to point out, the massive increase in "donations" are because of the store plugin, they just want to gain more items, they probably don't give a shit about the community goal.

Anyway, keep it as it is, imagine if we kept on hitting 2 months worth of donations on one month, 4 months down the line that donation bar would be fucked... We wouldn't be able to keep track.

If anything, money left over from all the monthly subscriptions which SG pays for should be added do Mays donations, when May comes.

Oh, it's may! 15 days till my BDAY!

Yea, the store made donations skyrocket.

BoM
30 Apr 2011, 06:46pm
I Don't think donations should be reset to Zero. I also don't think people stop donating because its full, since its continue'd to fill up since the bar was full at a 100%. Most of these skyrocket donations are because of the store being released, as many people have already said. I say we leave it, and let it reset when the new month hits. If it continues to fill up like this again next month, then maybe we can come back to the issue.

Veggie
1 May 2011, 04:25pm
Why not have a reserve bar for money that goes past the goal for the month?

Spiritwind
2 May 2011, 08:37pm
Like Pagan said, the reason the donations are so high is quite obvious and will most likely at least decrease some over the next couple months, however I think that we should use the money we are making for more servers to reach more players. Unless of course we have plans for something big that costs a hefty amount like the forum upgrade.