PDA

View Full Version : Check if people use scripts

RaIphawado
23 Apr 2011, 04:34pm
Hello, i know a server where they implemented a system that checks if people script or not. the system consists of you typing !pad and then something will appear in front of you checking what people press on their keyboard if you spectate them ( space , a ,d ,w ,s ) only. if it shows that its spamming the jump button it means its a script. just a suggestion to eliminate scripters cause i know in many minigame maps and deathrun maps it requires bhop and some people do it illegitly which makes it unfair for other people, so maybe you could add that?

Tweezy
23 Apr 2011, 05:48pm
You've also got to remember, some people bind movement procedures, I'm on of them.

bind "MSWHEELDOWN"+jump
bind "q"+left

Could that be counted as a script, I don't think so.

Yet, it could be useful for hacking scripts that require the users to spam a button to overload the server, but we already have procedures to stop that happening.

RaIphawado
23 Apr 2011, 05:54pm
You've also got to remember, some people bind movement procedures, I'm on of them.

bind "MSWHEELDOWN"+jump
bind "q"+left

Could that be counted as a script, I don't think so.

Yet, it could be useful for hacking scripts that require the users to spam a button to overload the server, but we already have procedures to stop that happening.

yea the program doesn't show that its a script if someone uses mousewheel if thats what you meant by " could that be counted as a script "

HZK
23 Apr 2011, 06:16pm
It should really check if multiple movement/combat commands are activated by the client at the same time.(except for like + and - commands)