PDA

View Full Version : vorter's General Game Issues

vorter
22 Apr 2011, 09:04pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
General Game Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Microsoft Security Essentials Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Gateway What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
DX4300-03 Please state your problem here
In Garry's Mod, when I press my mic key, it sometimes does not engage or it shows that my button is pressed down (box w/name at top left) but none of my voice gets through. No noise at all. This happens like 1 out of every 10 times i press my mic button, otherwise, i can talk normally. May be because of the new Gmod updates, or that I got a new headset (but probably not the headset since it's the same sound card and i tried different usb ports/ingame and windows settings.
Also, I get a high frequency sound (like those mosquito repellants) when I do certain actions (e.g. crouch jump in Gmod) All of these happen only in GMod, as far as I know.

yardy
23 Apr 2011, 02:13am
Gmod has a lot of Mic Problems, same as Counter-Strike, sometimes the transfer volume sets itself to the lowest again.

So change that in the settings, sometimes unplugging your mic will help :weird:

vorter
23 Apr 2011, 03:09pm
I MAY have fixed it. I put Multicore Rendering to Enabled and I think it may have gone away. A bonus, FPS went up by 100! At highest settings! Before I was at 20-30 FPS with lowest settings. I have a quad core (so obviously it helps).

The mic problems may be because of my low FPS, no problems yet, but ill test it out some more.

EDIT: Nope, mic problem still there, less common though.

Shadowex3
27 Apr 2011, 09:47am
I'm pretty sure this one's on the game since it works fine the rest of the time.

Labarr
27 Apr 2011, 12:41pm
I have this problem in CSS.. Where the Mic symbol will show up but it doesnt transmit my voice...

Epsilon
28 Apr 2011, 02:39pm
I have this problem in CS:S.. Where the Mic symbol will show up but it doesn't transmit my voice...

I'm pretty sure it's not CS:S as that seems fairly reliable when transmitting voice(usually)
Make sure you don't accidentally have your mic muted (check both whatever audio manager[i.e. realtek audio manager] you have and in-game setting)

vorter
28 Apr 2011, 02:47pm
Most likely caused by the new patch(es).
Since it's fine in other games and just recently started happening.

Labarr
29 Apr 2011, 11:28am
Most likely caused by the new patch(es).
Since it's fine in other games and just recently started happening.

yup. it was fine me before the update as well....