PDA

View Full Version : Farmer Mick's Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc)

Farmer Mick
20 Apr 2011, 11:19am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
yes Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
kaspersky Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
... What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
keyboard : saitek cyborg v5 Please state your problem here
bought my dad,a casual gamer, this keyboard for his birthday and last week the W,S keys have not been working so we plugged it into my pc and works fine, he reinstalled some drivers and it didnt help then rolled his pc back to before the problem and now the keyboard doesnt work

any suggestions would be cool

Harry
20 Apr 2011, 11:26am
Does he have the proper keyboard layout configured in Windows? Try reading this (http://www.conversationexchange.com/resources/keyboard-language.php#vista) on how to check it.

Farmer Mick
20 Apr 2011, 11:44am
i think so i mean it was working for a month or 2

Tweezy
20 Apr 2011, 12:04pm
The first thing that pops into my mind is a bad USB drive. The only thing I can recommend is taking all your USB type peripherals out from the computer, then shut it down for five minutes. If that doesn't work I would suggest following this tutorial, it will basically force the computer to re detect the driver.

Farmer Mick
20 Apr 2011, 12:50pm
The first thing that pops into my mind is a bad USB drive. The only thing I can recommend is taking all your USB type peripherals out from the computer, then shut it down for five minutes. If that doesn't work I would suggest following this tutorial, it will basically force the computer to re detect the driver.

funny story he deleted his usb drivers and fucked his computer up so he rewound the pc and now it doesnt work at all

Tweezy
20 Apr 2011, 02:21pm
How Do I Force Windows to Remove and Redetect a USB Device? - National Instruments (http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/1D120A90884C25AF862573A700602459)

Forgot that link

funny story he deleted his usb drivers and fucked his computer up so he rewound the pc and now it doesnt work at all

He deleted his USB drivers? How did he go around doing that?

Zaraki
20 Apr 2011, 02:44pm
Ok, after reading some things, i came to this solutions (If you don't understand how to do so, please PM me):
Also, tell what keyboard the computer has

Possible Solutions:
°Download the driver here (ftp://ftp.saitek.com/pub/software/full/Saitek_Cyborg_V5_Keyboard_SD6_32_Drivers_pfw.exe) (Win7-Vista 32 Bit).
Just reïnstall the driver and see if anything new happens.

°Go to your BIOS and try this. IF this won't work, just follow the next step after this one.
Switch on or off USB keyboard support
Turn off Fast Boot
Disable USB 2.0 support (last resort, this will default to USB 1.1, so i'm not sure the Cyborg will still be compatible)
Be sure to keep an eye out for BIOS updates from the motherboard manufacturer, just to be on the safe side.

After looking up your keyboard and wondering to buy it (:p), i have read some same rubbish about that you need to have the SST software (from the cd) installed because there was a driver bug with the plug 'n play drivers that the keyboard installs.

Try this, and i hope your dad can keep on gamin' :p

Good luck!

Shadowex3
27 Apr 2011, 09:52am
If it wasnt for it working fine on another machine I'd say clean it... that's a WIERD one. Here's a good question for you though: do other keyboards on his computer also fuck up in similar ways or just the saitek?

Epsilon
29 Apr 2011, 09:08am
After looking up your keyboard and wondering to buy it (:p), i have read some same rubbish about that you need to have the SST software (from the cd) installed because there was a driver bug with the plug 'n play drivers that the keyboard installs.

Try this, and i hope your dad can keep on gamin' :p

Good luck!

Not sure if you still have this problem but definitely go to the website and get the drivers there
Somewhat related in a way - I have this gamepad from Saitek that used to work fine except for a few buttons that only worked with downloads from there website
He got the USB drivers back right??(I can't even imagine how one goes about uninstalling those)
Also try plugging it in different USB ports on his pc and see what happens
And is it just his computer that is fucked up or just the USB ports?