PDA

View Full Version : Adding "Guns" from Surf Deathmatch to ZE

Bullet Wound
10 Apr 2011, 06:29pm
Like the title says, I think adding the "guns" addon thats currently in the Surf Deathmatch server to the ZE server would help greatly, I'll explain a bit why.

Being a CT makes puts you at a disadvantage

Well it does. Spawning as a CT means you are left out of the best secondary weapon you can have to aid you in your journey to escape the impending horde : the Duel Elites. Its the undisputed champion among the pistols, and CTs don't get them.

Forgetting to buy things can really hurt a player

If a player ever is afk too long, or simply rushes too fast, they can miss out on getting their weapons. Not only that but I've had several times where i pressed the the usually "B, F" keys to find it only gives me the primary and nothing else. I have to press the buttons multiple times in order for it to actually give me what i want now. The reverse of this is also true, if a player spends to much time going through the menus to find what they want, they end up too far behind the rest of the humans and become zombie bait.

How the plugin would help vs how it would hurt

Obvious a good pros vs cons list is always good to make things simple, so here it is:

Pros

Allows CTs to buy T weapons, and Ts to buy CT weapons
If done properly can allow players to only need to worry about buying weapons the first round
No more forgetting a gun
New players may join because of it

Allows the player to choose random guns (for teh lulz)

Cons

May cause lag (I don't really know)
Players may leave due to being unable to adjust
May not be possible to implement

In the end I think the addon could improve the zombie escape experience. Although I think it would have to be modified abit in order to work properly, I think it could make a good impact on the server. Could even edit some things for convenience like always giving players armor+grenade and putting the most popular guns (Shotty/P90/Para/Awp) on the front page for easier access. Anyways thats my idea to improve escape.

(Poll made for easy idea of support)

Kiwi
10 Apr 2011, 06:31pm
No.

fanatiik
10 Apr 2011, 06:49pm
i think it would be a great idea

Lucid
10 Apr 2011, 07:30pm
If this was ever implemented, there would need to be a time limit of say, 30 seconds so you can't just get another weapon when you have to reload and are being chased down by zombies.

And yes, put the elites and para on the front page and allow your settings to be saved for the remainder of the map.

I think we're fine as it is, I fair pretty well with the deagle as a CT. As long as you get headshots, you can keep zombies fairly far back.

I'm fine either way, with or without it since it doesn't really affect the gameplay much.

BoM
10 Apr 2011, 07:47pm
I think this is a pretty smart idea, but would have to agree with Lucid. Deagle is pretty beast, just cant spam it like you can the duelies. Also set a time limit, or that shit will get abused real fast. I vote yes :)

high rws
10 Apr 2011, 08:23pm
no support

sebak
10 Apr 2011, 08:42pm
nice reasoning kiwi.

i say yes. its always good to try new stuff out. and this is an excellent idea. why not test it out if it gets a lot of support.

Suicide
10 Apr 2011, 11:41pm
It couldnt hurt to ad it then working out flaws as we go on, i say yes.

Nasu
10 Apr 2011, 11:58pm
WHY NOT.

u egg
11 Apr 2011, 02:24am
I say no... I don't want everyone to have the same weapons. I like variety. When I spawn as a ct, I usually buy deagle/p228/fiveseven. It adds more challenges and it's fun to play with that weapons for some rounds. Plus if you can use that weapons and be careful, you can easily survive for minutes...

2DG
11 Apr 2011, 06:06am
Lol just enable !zmarket and you did what your point is, it's simple because you can only buy guns @ spawn and it automatically buys the guns. (Even ct -> t guns and vice versa)

Paul
11 Apr 2011, 06:32am
Im rebuilding the escape server sometime this week hopefully, ill add it back then.

Jaffa
11 Apr 2011, 06:54am
I'd like to see this as a supporter-only type thing, would be a good benefit to buying the package

Harry
11 Apr 2011, 07:53am
If the plugin was modified so you could change your guns after spawning (<20 seconds), then it'd be good. The current plugin to re-enable guns menu requires a rewpawn, which isn't cool dood.

Tweezy
11 Apr 2011, 08:35am
No.

no support

Don't be douches and give a reason.

I support, I think this is a fantastic addition, maybe have it as a SUP+ perk? Bring more people into the community!

Suicide
11 Apr 2011, 08:46am
Don't be douches and give a reason.

I support, I think this is a fantastic addition, maybe have it as a SUP+ perk? Bring more people into the community!

Exactly, if there is no reason for saying no, then it shouldn't count tbh. I also like the idea of having Support and up, if the players can't handle having it.

Wall-Nut
25 May 2011, 04:53pm
I think this is a great idea, but some people prefer to use the Buymenu, so maybe if there was an option in the !zmenu, people can choose whether they want the DM Guns menu or a Buymenu.

Castiel
25 May 2011, 04:59pm
Old thread is old, but last I checked !zmarket wasn't enabled.

Leon
25 May 2011, 05:56pm
Ehhh sure, I always forget to get my P90/AUG since I have no time to get what I want even if saved );

Tweezy
29 May 2011, 05:06am
So, any news on this?

HZK
29 May 2011, 12:45pm
Get some shop presets. It's simple, easy to set andyou can always get want you want.

E.G I got on my ct shop menu:

F for shotgun, deagle, assaultsuit, defusal kit, all nades
G for p90, fiveseven, assaultsuit, defusal kit, all nades
S for m4, deagle, assaultsuit, defusalkit, all nades
D for AWP, fiveseven, assaultsuit, defusalkit, all nades.

So basically, as soon as the round starts I just press b then g and then I run. It's not a very clever idea to buy things 1 by 1.

No need for any market mod, it could also be used as a no-reload exploit which will annoy the zombies.