PDA

View Full Version : IGN's BlackOpsAlypse.

Bad Dog
8 Apr 2011, 03:40pm
How Call of Duty Destroyed the World - Xbox 360 Feature at IGN (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1160501p1.html) .

Basically, in this IGN article, the writer heavily criticizes MW, CoD, and all of their competitors for basically doing nothing but drawing heavily from CoD 4. It's hard to disagree, as it seems like every genre has taken a step or two in the CoD direction.

It's really funny to look back at 2007 and thinking about all of the WWII games that had become identical, and how the only "modern" games were really CSS and BF2 (Tough shit for console gamers). Now, we are saying the same thing about modern shooters in a way. Only, its not so much the setting, I think. Its more that all games now throw on some multiplayer (Bioshock 2, I am dissapoint) or phone in some sort of killstreak/exp system. And while this is nothing new in gaming, I mean people have been copying good ideas from competitors for years, it has gotten tiresome.

The one thing I dislike about this article is how they seem to ignore all the FPSs that have at least not gone the CoD 4 route.

What do you think? I know everyone hates Blops yet plays it. I play Blops, more to play it with friends, but I play it, and I paid for it (xbox) so I'm a part of the problem, sadly.