PDA

View Full Version : Spiritwind's Multiple Issues

Spiritwind
7 Apr 2011, 05:32pm
Tech Support Help Ticket
What general section does your problem fall under
Multiple Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Yes Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG Free - Spybot - Regrun Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Not Sure which part is causing the problem. Please state your problem here
Before I was having a problem with a green screen problem, where while in game it would freeze to a green screen and I'd have to restart the computer. I updated windows, updated the drivers, and somewhere along the line it stopped for the last couple weeks.
Now its returned, and its worst than ever. Any game I load will freeze on the main menu to a black screen which requires me to restart the computer.
I have done the following to try and fix it -
Cleaned Computer and Boosted the cooling system
Done Ram memory tests - All show everything is 100% fine with my Ram
Done GPA Stress Tests - Everything runs fine and although the heat goes up to 100c Nvidia says its 100% normal/alright for my card.
Have done a system restore to before I was having any problems at all.
Have done a cpu stress test - Everything is 100% alright there and temps run at about 50c
Ran scan checks for viruses, malware, spyware, rootkits, and anything else in that area.
Done a sfc file check with no problems.
Took my computer apart, cleaned everything, added a new fan to the air flow system, and rebuilt it again from scratch.
Enabled Speedstep because of an error log in windows logs (However this error log has shown up every time I restarted for as long as I can remember)
---
I have looked online and have seen where multiple people have had this problem, but none post any fixes.
If there is anything you can think of please tell me!
I have an i7 920, a gtx 275, and 4gb of ddr3 ram.
I have no problems at all while outside of games, I can watch movies, I can run the stresses on everything, even stresses that render high quality models and there is never a problem. But as soon as I go into a game it freezes up.
Thanks ahead! I hope we can get this problem solved as its driving me nuts, both because I cant play and because I have no clue what it is as everything says its 100% fine.

duhoh
7 Apr 2011, 06:18pm
i'd wanna completely remove all traces of your video card drivers and then do a fresh install. not just a simple uninstall, but a complete removal.

and then it kinda sounds almost like a registry issue, but that's a whole another beast in itself. too much in the registry to be figured out from a simple scan tbh.

of course, a proper driver removal could also fix any unknown registry issues as well :P

Labarr
7 Apr 2011, 06:25pm
To go along with Watchdog, Uninstall the driver using the ATI uninstaller, then run THIS (http://downloads.guru3d.com/downloadget.php?id=1655&file=4&evp=b0e23b57cdae2217c3d377655ad3ce34) .... It will remove any traces the uninstaller left behind. Then you should restart and reinstall the latest driver.

Spiritwind
7 Apr 2011, 06:47pm
Did both and it did not work, however I used a tool that Jen recommended instead of that for a clean driver swipe.
Still having the same problem :(.
Discovered there is a beta driver for my graphics card that was released 8 days ago, will try that with a clean swipe and using the program you recommended Labarr.
Thanks for the help so far guys. Hope we get this solved soon.

Spiritwind
7 Apr 2011, 08:09pm
We just tried updating the bios and also tried using a newer beta driver for my gpu, still no luck :(.

Sniper
7 Apr 2011, 08:35pm
You may have to reformat.

Spiritwind
7 Apr 2011, 09:56pm
Am backing up files to do that now, hopefully it fixes this.
---
Update
-
Damn, even after backing up the files to a spare drive and then formating my main, and reinstalling windows, it still has artifacts *Which started occuring about 2 hours ago*. I guess now the only option is to bring it into the local shop and have it tested to see what part it is. Really hoping its the graphics card, cause I still have RMA value on it XD, it'd just mean I wouldent have a computer that is capable of gaming for the next 2 weeks :(. Think my computer is trying to tell me its time to stop gaming *Since it only crashes whenever I launch a game *Like as soon as the main menu loads*. Ooo well... Thanks for all the help guys, really appreciate the time some of you spent trying to get this to work for me.

Spiritwind
15 Apr 2011, 03:12pm
It was indeed the graphics card, just got the new one in and everything is once again running smooth. Thanks guys.