PDA

View Full Version : C/1LT Leon's Multiple Issues

Leon
3 Apr 2011, 11:21am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Multiple Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
McAfee Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Dad What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Hard drive maybe?? (I dont know) Please state your problem here
Lately my computer has been lagging and sounds are choppy when I play songs etc. When I move my mouse around it freezes for a second also. I also keep hearing the buzzing noise or the sound you hear when a BSoD is about to happen (but it hasn't crash) I have cleaned the tower maybe a week or 2 ago. The ONLY thing I have downloaded was from java to see videos from Steam/Ingame.

When I played Metro 2033 it runs fine and I didn't see/hear any noises from the tower but last night in Gmod it was freaking out, it was set on high but after I lowered it down it still continued.

Suicide
3 Apr 2011, 01:23pm
Have you downloaded anything that could of been a virus?

Leon
3 Apr 2011, 01:59pm
No way, I have been careful where I go, I only go to Youtube, SG, Online class sites, Steam, Nivida etc. My dad had checked my tower for any problems. A little dust appeared, one fan broke and installed from a CD to check the temps which are fine. I also ran three virus scans and nothing showed up.

Castiel
3 Apr 2011, 02:21pm
What about memory?

Leon
3 Apr 2011, 02:32pm
Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

Memory:
RAM: 2047 Mb

Forester155
3 Apr 2011, 03:36pm
I dont know alot, but it sounds to me like some hardware is broken inside the computer. have you dad check on the wiring if he knows what he is doing, if he doesnt, i wouldnt bring it to the shop right away as somebody else may help you.

Ive had similar problems in different tech when wires get frayed, wet, or loose, a connector could be loose or broken. but again, im no expert.