PDA

View Full Version : Paralyzed's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Paralyzed
3 Apr 2011, 06:20am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Packard Bell What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
N/A Please state your problem here
Alright, the thing that's wrong is... everytime I'm searching a new font for Photoshop I try to put it in my C:/Windows/Fonts folder. However, everytime I want to put it in there, it says file can't be placed in there and it says it's the wrong file.

All the fonts are .TFF files, I could place it in there before.. but since I've reinstalled my computer I can't download/install any new fonts to use in Photoshop.

Hopefully any of you can help me solve this problem, so that I'll be able to use custom fonts again.

Spiffy
3 Apr 2011, 07:12am
It sounds like you are just trying to put the file into the font folder which is a no no. Sometimes you can right click on the font file and select install, if not try this:

Open Fonts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.

Click File, and then click Install New Font.

If you don’t see the File menu, press ALT.

In the Add Fonts dialog box, under Drives, click the drive where the font that you want to install is located.

Under Folders, double-click the folder containing the fonts that you want to add.

Under List of fonts, click the font that you want to add, and then click Install.

Paralyzed
3 Apr 2011, 07:30am
It sounds like you are just trying to put the file into the font folder which is a no no. Sometimes you can right click on the font file and select install, if not try this:

Open Fonts by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.

Click File, and then click Install New Font.

If you don’t see the File menu, press ALT.

In the Add Fonts dialog box, under Drives, click the drive where the font that you want to install is located.

Under Folders, double-click the folder containing the fonts that you want to add.

Under List of fonts, click the font that you want to add, and then click Install.

It's working, thanks a lot man. It's really simple! But yeah, if you don't have any knowledge of this it's complicated to find out what to do, haha.