PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Spectator Kicker

Zopy
2 Apr 2011, 09:29pm
What?
I'm suggesting that an automatic spectator kicker gets added to the server. I don't know if we have one, but if we do, the time needs to be sped up.

Why?
All too often the following situation happens:

I go to get on my favorite server to unwind, and I see it's full. 40/40. I end up waiting several minutes on average just to find an open slot. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. When I get on, I see many people spectating. It gets rather frustrating to know that I just spent five minutes waiting, when an AFK spectator could've been kicked, and myself or some other player could actually play.

What about people who are actually spectating, and not just AFK?
My suggestion would to make it sense if the player is actually idling, if so, they'd get a kick. If they aren't idle, it wouldn't kick.

Can't an admin just do this?
Sure. But I see two big problems with this:
-Admins aren't always on the servers.
-Admins are there to play the game also, they won't always notice the AFK players, and I don't blame theme.

I know I'm not the only one who has mentioned this in the past. And again, I don't know if one of these is actually in place already, but maybe it could be updated? It could save lots of frustration for players.

Wicked Pissah
2 Apr 2011, 09:33pm
Donate to get Supporter and autojoin servers.

Harry
2 Apr 2011, 09:36pm
It would be cool, but only if the server is full (I idle in spec sometimes on the servers to fill them up).

themuffinman
3 Apr 2011, 08:56pm
sounds good, but if it were to be put into use it should only kick spec players if they have been idle for 3+ minutes

Paul
5 Apr 2011, 10:12am
We are getting a AFK mover to specate but not a kicker. AFKs will be moved to spec after 60-90 seconds in normal servers and 120 seconds in escape.

Suicide
5 Apr 2011, 11:18am
We are getting a AFK mover to specate but not a kicker. AFKs will be moved to spec after 60-90 seconds in normal servers and 120 seconds in escape.

Afk kicker seems better because it would get people in the servers faster.