PDA

View Full Version : New server coming soon (hopefully)

Spartan
22 Mar 2011, 04:31pm
Sup gmod fans. Like the title suggests, I've requested a server for gmod on our new dedi, and so here, straight to the point, what gamemode do you want? Let me recap some of the history so you can keep your suggestions proper:

- Dark RP ... a thorn in my side and the gmod community. Notoriously known for kids, qq and lag. If you guys want it...

- Fretta was a good concept in theory, but the reality is it's way beyond broke. Sure, some work, some are fun, ttt is even fretta, but ultimately it can get boring fast. Scrapped this idea once the server started dying. Don't suggest this.

- Winter survival sucked. I cannot express it any better. The mod seemed like a half ass attempt of creating something fun, and the original version of this mod was 10x worse than the extended one. Along with being very much outdated and broke, it's not something I will be adding.

- Stranded was pretty much winter survival but better. However even this was outdated and broke. Bugs here and there, the concept was nice but just to dull compared to other real games like it. (Lol runescape)

- Finally a second ttt is unlikely to happen. I don't see the point in having 2 versions of the same mod. The server atm has a pain station and a couple edits from the original but overall it's vanilla.

Other suggestions like:
- perp, no money for that
- flood mod, no idea but one time I played it it seemed like a one trick pony
- mirror's edge/free runner mod.... again why?
- That zombie one that's old as fuck I can't remember what it's called but still fairly broke.

If you ask me I would still try the zombie survival mod. Pretty popular, wouldn't hurt to give it a go. It's pretty old as well but hell shootin zombies never gets old.

Lets hear some thoughts people!

Suicide
22 Mar 2011, 04:38pm
Nice spartan!

I still need to rebuy my Gmod, so you'll get some thoughts from me soon :)

Faileron
22 Mar 2011, 04:54pm
I agree with you sparan, out of all the gmod mods ive played i find ttt and zs the most fun, other then that flood is quite cool but doesn get boring after a while. I wouldn;t call it a 1 trick pony as you get money for shooting other peoples boats so you cna build a better boat, so i does have some replay ability

Chainedlord
22 Mar 2011, 04:54pm
dark rp <3

ScubaToaster
22 Mar 2011, 05:02pm
I personally wouldn't like an Dark RP server (again), the cons as you listed above most notably QQ'ing in my opinion made the experience playing on the server while it was up unbearable. I'd like to do something like zombie survival, I've played on some servers that are fairly successful and were a joy to play on with a mass of other people that helped give the mod some variety and fun.

Spiral
22 Mar 2011, 05:04pm
Dark RP

b0red
22 Mar 2011, 05:05pm
i miss darkrp. i loved being the town drug dealer

BloodyBunneh
22 Mar 2011, 05:05pm
Stranded.

Bad Dog
22 Mar 2011, 05:12pm
DarkRP, if you please.

Harpr33t
22 Mar 2011, 05:30pm
Police chief coming through!!!!!!!! I only ask for the warrant to last much longer so you can actually break down the door. AND ADMINS TO BE FAIR!

Tweezy
22 Mar 2011, 05:42pm
Half life 2 serious Roleplay or DarkRP!

Bad Dog
22 Mar 2011, 05:46pm
Police chief coming through!!!!!!!! I only ask for the warrant to last much longer so you can actually break down the door. AND ADMINS TO BE FAIR!

^. That, and please dear god no more than 1-2 keypads per person. Period.

VirDeBello
22 Mar 2011, 06:32pm
DarkRP but with no rules...

Elfbarf
22 Mar 2011, 06:38pm
Personally I like Fretta but apparently that isn't going to happen >_>

Metal
22 Mar 2011, 06:52pm
Dark RP that isnt just about weed and drugs.
or
ZS

Harpr33t
22 Mar 2011, 07:03pm
DarkRP but with no rules...

I swear if you make that little sniping ramp in that yellow building and start killing cops for no reason....Then I'm coming to Jersey.

PingPong
22 Mar 2011, 07:15pm
Zombie mod will honestly work the best.

xoul
22 Mar 2011, 07:42pm
DARK RP cuse its easy to make kids offended n cry....but it fun

b0red
22 Mar 2011, 07:58pm
its simple
put a keypad binded to a door but the keypad is like 20 feet away

Chaos
22 Mar 2011, 07:58pm
Zombie Survival. I'm not a big gmod fan.. but i love to kill zombies

hackerz
22 Mar 2011, 08:00pm
Give me some Zambies pl0x!

Vivian556
22 Mar 2011, 08:20pm
Dark RP, kthx. <3

Prez
22 Mar 2011, 08:29pm
DarkRP please, but we should have at least some rules but still lax. Like, to limit QQ so guidelines against police or something.

hV
22 Mar 2011, 08:39pm
I say yes to Dark RP and to less rules, keypads and useless mods. More admins though because things can get a little OTT but it seems the majority voting are admins anyway.

Zealot
22 Mar 2011, 09:39pm
http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Fretta_Gamemodes

Bomb Tag sounds fucking fun as hell.

Sembrik
23 Mar 2011, 12:11am
DarkRP :D

Ultramarine
23 Mar 2011, 12:13am
FORT WARS

Nasu
23 Mar 2011, 12:56am
If darkrp:
-No inventory
-Nerf money printers a lot maybe restrict to only a few classes

MOREEE

Faileron
23 Mar 2011, 04:16am
I would absolutely hate darkRP, nother ever happened if you joined late as people already had massive amount of barricades and stuff which meant you just went around getting killed for no reason (or atleast that is what happened to me).

Spartan
23 Mar 2011, 09:06am
Added a poll.

Well I've just noticed Zombie Survival has been recently updated but remains private. Too many people editing it and shit. So only the years old version is downloadable and probably has bugs in it.

DarkRP is at svn 2.4.2, can't remember when I last left it off.

Was it parasite the name of that other crappy zombie mod? Lol.

Chaoz`
23 Mar 2011, 09:10am
Dark RP that isnt just about weed and drugs.
or
ZS

guns aswell =D

also why not a Sandbox?

leeroyjenkinsboy
23 Mar 2011, 10:40am
guns aswell =D

also why not a Sandbox?

Thats what I was thinking, just a nice build server. Couple addons(player resizer ftw :D ) and wiremod, I would love it.

Nasu
23 Mar 2011, 11:16am
Build servers are pretty hard on dedicated, I suppose.

Also I doubt it would be too popular

Strike
23 Mar 2011, 12:15pm
Another Zombie? Why would we get a buggy Zombie mod on Gmod, when we have great zombie mod on CSS hardly any bugs there. And everyone here mostly has CS:S because majority of our servers are there. If they want to kill zombies they can simply play tht.

I'd vote for something like a Sandbox Roleplay. (like minecraft on Gmod) I wouldnt mind playing that a bit, build some cool shit people can use.

But i'd just prefer to use the money for the gmod server on something else.

Bad Dog
23 Mar 2011, 03:23pm
I agree with Strike about not wanting a buggy zombie mod just for the sake of zombies. That, and the Build/Sandbox servers we've had failed. If I wanted to build, I'd just go to Minecraft.

DarkRP is a totally unique experience, and it feels like there are very few left on GMOD that are 1). Populated and 2). Don't require countless hours of downloading retarded custom skins. A mostly vanilla DarkRP server would be great, and something very fun for the community.

hV
23 Mar 2011, 05:23pm
I agree with Strike about not wanting a buggy zombie mod just for the sake of zombies. That, and the Build/Sandbox servers we've had failed. If I wanted to build, I'd just go to Minecraft.

DarkRP is a totally unique experience, and it feels like there are very few left on GMOD that are 1). Populated and 2). Don't require countless hours of downloading retarded custom skins. A mostly vanilla DarkRP server would be great, and something very fun for the community.

Not to mention that the community tend to get REALLY involved with DarkRP. Last time it was full frequently with SG Sups + Admins and it was such a good laugh.

Vivian556
23 Mar 2011, 05:29pm
Another Zombie? Why would we get a buggy Zombie mod on Gmod, when we have great zombie mod on CSS hardly any bugs there. And everyone here mostly has CS:S because majority of our servers are there. If they want to kill zombies they can simply play tht.

I'd vote for something like a Sandbox Roleplay. (like minecraft on Gmod) I wouldnt mind playing that a bit, build some cool shit people can use.

But i'd just prefer to use the money for the gmod server on something else.
That! and also what Bad Dog said.

APenguin
23 Mar 2011, 05:37pm
That! and also what Bad Dog said.

Can i nail you to a cross again? Pweasee? :D

Vivian556
23 Mar 2011, 06:18pm
Can i nail you to a cross again? Pweasee? :D

o.o NO.

That was really weird.. :\

Bad Dog
23 Mar 2011, 06:45pm
o.o NO.

That was really weird.. :\

Ya, shes not going on no cross. Shes going in my basement.

She knows where she belongs.

hV
23 Mar 2011, 06:55pm
I would like to have a stronger element of construction on DarkRP but I know it will be abused so much. I miss my early GMod days, fucking around, building dumb shit. It was fun.

The Great Ghast
23 Mar 2011, 07:15pm
I voted Zombie Survival. They are fun and much better then DarkRP.

The Great Ghast
23 Mar 2011, 07:37pm
Is there a reason you won't have Deathrun? That's acutallly a fun mode.

Bad Dog
23 Mar 2011, 07:47pm
Is there a reason you won't have Deathrun? That's acutallly a fun mode.

We have a CSS Deathrun server, would kind of be a waste to have both gmod and CSS server of Deathrun.

The Great Ghast
23 Mar 2011, 07:55pm
Are deathrun maps compatible with both CS:S and Gmod?

cakeshark
23 Mar 2011, 09:34pm
dark rp was fun.
sure there were trolls, but once they revealed themselves everyone else in there server ganged up on them and harassed them until they quit, so it was never as big of a deal as say... trolls in ttt.

but id be down for zs. just seems like the server would be never have enough players, and thus end up a ghost town quick.

Maybe SG isnt meant to have 2 gmod servers?

Sander Cohen
23 Mar 2011, 10:25pm
I don't think anything will work without massive problems or qqing, but I would probably put more support behind zs than anything else.

SilentGuns
23 Mar 2011, 11:56pm
Zombie survival. Very fun and addicting , assuming that we are thinking of the same mod ( with the different classes on both side , redemption and whatnot. )

Dark RP will just be a lot of QQ and admins ending up banning a lot of people.

Spiritwind
24 Mar 2011, 01:48am
I personally think Darkrp as well, except it would be nice if SG got a group of experienced and talented coders from the community together and started modding it our own way, something that would be special from every other darkrp server, and changes that would keep the community interested.
I know you guys were doing a lot of work on it before, but playing regularly it felt like you guys were just getting the hang of it.
Wonder how many people in the community know Lua.
I dont see why people say it was unpopulated, I played it regularly and I remember there almost always being people on the server.

Suicide
24 Mar 2011, 08:46am
I voted for zombie survival.

D-Team oll
24 Mar 2011, 10:48am
Bye that old 1 do u mean parasite

ConnorC
24 Mar 2011, 01:40pm
I don't know if anything I'm saying now has been previously said, but the problem with DarkRP, was mainly that the rules were not taken seriously, be it by a completely noob to the server or by the admins, if you wanted the DarkRP to stay fun, but also keep it free of trolls you would have to make sure you stated the rules before releasing the server, making sure people knew what they could and couldn't do.
It would be useful to have a quiz when joining the server, I remember playing on a more serious RP mod, and when you joined a Quiz popped up, you had to get nearly all of it correct to be allowed onto the server, this only came up on your first connect however, and it was more complicated questions, if you could get something like that and make some questions that suited the server/community then it would be pretty good.

If it's DarkRp it's really down to the community, more importantly the admins, if they take the rules seriously and enforce them properly, then there would be no serious problems other than the QQ'ing which did occur over the rules, people would keep quoting variations of rules saying why/why not they couldn't do thing's, like I said, if you gave it a list, and also put the rules in the MOTD, fully explaining every rule then it should be fine.

Also I remember Amit mentioning a 'Showcase' server, looking back I remember that the RP server did get less populated and eventually started dieing towards the end, if you swapped between Rp and Zombie Mod every fortnight then it could work well, some people will instantly disagree with this I'm sure, but in the end there are advantages and disadvantages with each of these servers, it's up to you to decide which you think will work best, in my opinion you should try Rp, if it is a shitstorm then swap to Zm and go from there.

Bad Dog
24 Mar 2011, 02:48pm
I don't know if anything I'm saying now has been previously said, but the problem with DarkRP, was mainly that the rules were not taken seriously, be it by a completely noob to the server or by the admins, if you wanted the DarkRP to stay fun, but also keep it free of trolls you would have to make sure you stated the rules before releasing the server, making sure people knew what they could and couldn't do.
It would be useful to have a quiz when joining the server, I remember playing on a more serious RP mod, and when you joined a Quiz popped up, you had to get nearly all of it correct to be allowed onto the server, this only came up on your first connect however, and it was more complicated questions, if you could get something like that and make some questions that suited the server/community then it would be pretty good.

If it's DarkRp it's really down to the community, more importantly the admins, if they take the rules seriously and enforce them properly, then there would be no serious problems other than the QQ'ing which did occur over the rules, people would keep quoting variations of rules saying why/why not they couldn't do thing's, like I said, if you gave it a list, and also put the rules in the MOTD, fully explaining every rule then it should be fine.

Also I remember Amit mentioning a 'Showcase' server, looking back I remember that the RP server did get less populated and eventually started dieing towards the end, if you swapped between Rp and Zombie Mod every fortnight then it could work well, some people will instantly disagree with this I'm sure, but in the end there are advantages and disadvantages with each of these servers, it's up to you to decide which you think will work best, in my opinion you should try Rp, if it is a shitstorm then swap to Zm and go from there.

It really didnt get unpopular. It eventually wore off its new server shine, though it barely had a chance too, but it had a steady group of players who played regularly after the masses of people trying the server began to wane. It wasnt like Winter Survival, which had like, 2-4 dedicated players over all. And WS lasted longer than DarkRP did, somehow.

ConnorC
27 Mar 2011, 07:06am
Any news on this?... Will there be a new server at all and if so what will it be?

fanatiik
27 Mar 2011, 08:13am
Any news on this?... Will there be a new server at all and if so what will it be?

I think its gonna be a DR server

(von dutch) delta force 8
27 Mar 2011, 11:02am

RP started to die out after a lot of people got tired of constant QQ and I'm not overstating, there was a 100% chance you would hear QQ even if you'd just pop in to say hi.

Also the server got real unstable near the end. snapshot overflow and genral lagg

Vivian556
27 Mar 2011, 11:20am
RP started to die out after a lot of people got tired of constant QQ and I'm not overstating, there was a 100% chance you would hear QQ even if you'd just pop in to say hi.

Also the server got real unstable near the end. snapshot overflow and genral lagg
Well if SOMEONE *hint* Spartan *end hint* wouldn't have added 73285345 things that we didn't use!!! I'm jk.. I have no idea, but I miss my DarkRP. :C

Tweezy
27 Mar 2011, 02:59pm

The serious Role Playing mods use a framework you have to buy (I think)

People know what the rules were, they just decided not to follow them.

Spartan
30 Mar 2011, 06:11am
There's interest in other servers as well as this. Depending on what the overall majority want first, that will be priority.

Nathan
30 Mar 2011, 11:57am
Dark RP because ZS get's repetitive too quick.

2DG
30 Mar 2011, 02:55pm
Gmod climb with shop system :3

Either way if you really want zombie survival, it's shit if you don't really get a developer for it.
If you have a developer to keep it up-to-date : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBojQOCUyGc
If you don't : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSvVv74wOYU

See, and think wich ones better.
If you dislike the 2nd one I think you might not want zs.

(Just FYI, this is the same server but yeah 1st is dev'd.)

Crazy Swede
31 Mar 2011, 12:58am
I remember some old video from back in the ZM days where some of the ZM members play some kind of Zombie Mod on Garry's Mod. I'm not sure which one though. But the Zombies are bots, NOT Players!
You're supposed to progress through the maps and deal with all sorts of obstacles/challenges to progress further through the map. If a Zombie gets you, you're dead, not one of them.

THIS MOD is something that seems... wait for it.... L-E-G-E-N-D-A-R-Y

Why not add... (whatever it's called) ...to the list?

EDIT: YAY! I found the Video :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5maZJob69ZM

BloodyBunneh
31 Mar 2011, 05:17am
I remember some old video from back in the ZM days where some of the ZM members play some kind of Zombie Mod on Garry's Mod. I'm not sure which one though. But the Zombies are bots, NOT Players!
You're supposed to progress through the maps and deal with all sorts of obstacles/challenges to progress further through the map. If a Zombie gets you, you're dead, not one of them.

Thats Zombie Master (Source Engine mod)

Spiritwind
31 Mar 2011, 04:53pm
A Darkrp zombie survival would be awesome, to where every night the city gets attacked by zombies ;).

Crazy Swede
31 Mar 2011, 09:11pm
A Darkrp zombie survival would be awesome, to where every night the city gets attacked by zombies ;).

That would be like.... DarkRP+Zombie :O
You sir. ARE A GENIOUS!

King Swagg
31 Mar 2011, 09:57pm

Derp...

Paralyzed
1 Apr 2011, 08:01am
Personally I'd say DarkRP just because many are suggesting this, therefore I think it might be more populated. I don't really think the others will work well, we tried other mods before and non seems to be successful.

SgtJoo
1 Apr 2011, 07:33pm
Not DarkRP

losaren
2 Apr 2011, 07:14am
DARK RP FTW

losaren
2 Apr 2011, 07:15am
and i think zombie survival would be good to if u make it difrent from the other zombie survival servers

Bad Dog
2 Apr 2011, 01:31pm
Dark RP has 50% of the votes. So either this is happening, or its getting veto'd.

struki
2 Apr 2011, 01:50pm
Sup gmod fans. Like the title suggests, I've requested a server for gmod on our new dedi, and so here, straight to the point, what gamemode do you want? Let me recap some of the history so you can keep your suggestions proper:

- Dark RP ... a thorn in my side and the gmod community. Notoriously known for kids, qq and lag. If you guys want it...

- Fretta was a good concept in theory, but the reality is it's way beyond broke. Sure, some work, some are fun, ttt is even fretta, but ultimately it can get boring fast. Scrapped this idea once the server started dying. Don't suggest this.

- Winter survival sucked. I cannot express it any better. The mod seemed like a half ass attempt of creating something fun, and the original version of this mod was 10x worse than the extended one. Along with being very much outdated and broke, it's not something I will be adding.

- Stranded was pretty much winter survival but better. However even this was outdated and broke. Bugs here and there, the concept was nice but just to dull compared to other real games like it. (Lol runescape)

- Finally a second ttt is unlikely to happen. I don't see the point in having 2 versions of the same mod. The server atm has a pain station and a couple edits from the original but overall it's vanilla.

Other suggestions like:
- perp, no money for that
- flood mod, no idea but one time I played it it seemed like a one trick pony
- mirror's edge/free runner mod.... again why?
- That zombie one that's old as fuck I can't remember what it's called but still fairly broke.

If you ask me I would still try the zombie survival mod. Pretty popular, wouldn't hurt to give it a go. It's pretty old as well but hell shootin zombies never gets old.

Lets hear some thoughts people!

http://images.smh.com.au/2010/02/19/1146469/simon_cowell_420-420x0.jpg

Forester155
3 Apr 2011, 05:24pm
Dark RP, with 2 changes.

One, its losing factor was the NLR. pain in the ass to follow. i currently play on a server called Noobonic, we should try to at least add CPR mod and the ghosts things. i much more enjoy having to wait 300 seconds as a ghost to respawn with no NLR, rather than an instant spawn and not being able to attempt to retrive my shit. that i paid for. in game.

Two, the fact of the matter is that once you got rich, dark RP was boring, almost pointless. therefore i think money and stats should be dropped NOT RESET on a bi weekly-bi monthly manner. therefore those who are like, "i got 10k yay now i wont play anymore kuz i think im rich." will return to play again and those who are like "i have 100k im super rich" wont be like "WAAH ALL MY MONEY IS GONE GOOBIE SG DARK RP" dey wil lbe like "Ooo now its down to 50K, i take challenge to re earn 100k than earn MOAR!"

Bad Dog
3 Apr 2011, 05:27pm
Dark RP, with 2 changes.

One, its losing factor was the NLR. pain in the ass to follow. i currently play on a server called Noobonic, we should try to at least add CPR mod and the ghosts things. i much more enjoy having to wait 300 seconds as a ghost to respawn with no NLR, rather than an instant spawn and not being able to attempt to retrive my shit. that i paid for. in game.

Two, the fact of the matter is that once you got rich, dark RP was boring, almost pointless. therefore i think money and stats should be dropped NOT RESET on a bi weekly-bi monthly manner. therefore those who are like, "i got 10k yay now i wont play anymore kuz i think im rich." will return to play again and those who are like "i have 100k im super rich" wont be like "WAAH ALL MY MONEY IS GONE GOOBIE SG DARK RP" dey wil lbe like "Ooo now its down to 50K, i take challenge to re earn 100k than earn MOAR!"

I kind of like these ideas, but can you elaborate on the "CPR mod/ghost things/wait 300 seconds to spawn"?

Forester155
9 Apr 2011, 12:29pm
I think also think some kind of fretta could be a choice [actually these ideas would better for MG but i need to spit them out] but rather than shit like TTT or Dogfight we do like Shot for Shot, Awp wars, Long toss, Track and Field events [4x1, 4x4, shotput, suchforth] and all kind of fun microgames and such.

Forester155
9 Apr 2011, 12:32pm
I kind of like these ideas, but can you elaborate on the "CPR mod/ghost things/wait 300 seconds to spawn"?

Visit the Noobonic Plauge server, i currently play my dark RP there. they use the CPR mod, its great fun. the declining factor is that everybody has banks [PLEASE DONT DO THIS] so selling shippments and shit is fuckin' easy. you dont have to protect your shit or anything, i like that about here. as well they have gem mod [ANOTHER NO] it makes making money super duper easy, im a 600k inaire in one month, it took the same ammount of time to get 100K in SG, kuz our dark RP is a hard challenge.

Chrixz
9 Apr 2011, 03:48pm
zombie survival ! :)

Nova100222
9 Apr 2011, 11:25pm
i say go with dark rp with the mods forester talks about but not as big a map as noobonic plague because you dont get the same thrill of breaking into someones house because there normally across the map but on the old server there were actually raids and not people mining afk.

TofuShop
10 Apr 2011, 08:18pm
Get a group of people together this time and create a legit list of rules for the server if DARKrp is actually voted in on being the next GMOD server.

Fix the mistakes that were made last time around and maybe the server won't be total shit

thatoneguy
11 Apr 2011, 07:20pm
zombie mods on gmod are the worst thing ever
if anything build rp on flatgrass or something

Kiwi
12 Apr 2011, 05:49am
Why did we remove our fretta server? I liked that one.

Paralyzed
12 Apr 2011, 07:04am
Why did we remove our fretta server? I liked that one.

Wasn't stable enough. - correct me if im wrong.

Vinny
16 Apr 2011, 03:32am
Not sure if this is still open for discussion,

I have a legitimate copy of PERP3 along with GarrysMod Admin (gmadmin). Purchased it from Skyline of VoltageGaming since they where / are shutting down, they're not sure. I have a full dedicated server with it already running, and would be willing to work something out with the BD's here to let SG use the Dedicated server to run garrysmod servers as they please. Everything is already re-coded to work with vBulletin. Usergroups are read through a fetch_users.php so admins would be read through the vBulletin tables (via usergroup). Gmadmin does the same, and provides any / all intel on users that have joined through the table ip_intel. Currently, a friend of mine and I run the PERP3 server.

Anyone with the authorization to allow / deny this feel free to add me on steam: Steam Community :: ID :: Vinny (http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/iozzia) with information.

Edit: here are the spec's and internet speeds.

http://i52.tinypic.com/2a7ahlg.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1254495803.png

fanatiik
16 Apr 2011, 06:49am
what's perp i've heard of it but never played it.

Spartan
16 Apr 2011, 07:04am
Vinny, what you're proposing would have several flaws, the main being it wouldn't be on our dedicated box. We made an agreement (us higherups) that we would not accept separate I.P's as it just created an annoyance via not having access to TCAdmin panel, Remote desktop access and that it was to be shared and accessible through a third party such as yourself and your friend. Besides the obvious security risk, credentials and trust would need to be earned over time here at SG before we would consider such a thing. What I mean by this is that you and your friend would preferably become active here at SG and become trusted admins as such. I'm not saying this is a requirement for this server to then happen, but I see it as the only way.

Also the admin system through perp could be different than how I understand it. Gmod has its own admin system, and along side it we use sourcemod which in turn communicates with sourcebans. The fact we have hundreds of admins/supporters here... I'm not sure if it could all be merged into something feasable.

And finally, I'm always skeptical about people offering a mod that should be private, legally needs to be bought. I don't understand what you would have to gain by giving us a mod for free.

Third
16 Apr 2011, 10:51am
Darp RP - But with limited amount of admins. Last time people just fked it up.

OR Build RP :)

Bad Dog
16 Apr 2011, 11:38am
Darp RP - But with limited amount of admins. Last time people just fked it up.

OR Build RP :)

This would be good, though the people who get admin would actually have to admin.

We have a lot of interesting ideas now. I think if it was agreed that DarkRP would be the new server (Scoreboard, bitches) and then a new thread was made for ideas on how we can have it NOT crash and burn this time, we can pull those ideas together in one place that would make the job of Spartan, who would most likely set it all up, much easier.

fanatiik
16 Apr 2011, 01:02pm
i like the idea of dark rp but yeah restrict admins cause people we're just abusing their jobs

Vinny
16 Apr 2011, 01:41pm
Vinny, what you're proposing would have several flaws, the main being it wouldn't be on our dedicated box. We made an agreement (us higherups) that we would not accept separate I.P's as it just created an annoyance via not having access to TCAdmin panel, Remote desktop access and that it was to be shared and accessible through a third party such as yourself and your friend. Besides the obvious security risk, credentials and trust would need to be earned over time here at SG before we would consider such a thing. What I mean by this is that you and your friend would preferably become active here at SG and become trusted admins as such. I'm not saying this is a requirement for this server to then happen, but I see it as the only way.

Also the admin system through perp could be different than how I understand it. Gmod has its own admin system, and along side it we use sourcemod which in turn communicates with sourcebans. The fact we have hundreds of admins/supporters here... I'm not sure if it could all be merged into something feasable.

And finally, I'm always skeptical about people offering a mod that should be private, legally needs to be bought. I don't understand what you would have to gain by giving us a mod for free.

Well I see what you mean by the trust issues, and I had a feeling that someone would say this. I'm always willing to work something out, if you guys could come to some sort of agreement. The reason we want to let the mod be used by SteamGamers is that we don't really have the people to get it populated, you guys have a user base of 8,500 users on the forums and over 500,000 posts. The reason I have not been active on here since about 2010 is because I usually stick to GarrysMod now, and you guys only offer a TTT server, which is a gamemode I personally don't play very often. The server would be popular which is what we want. Feel free to add me on Steam if you feel we can come to some sort of agreement.

Nasu
30 Apr 2011, 02:08pm
bump for darkrp

BloodyBunneh
30 Apr 2011, 02:33pm
Why no vote for PERP T_T'

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
5 May 2011, 04:58pm
dark rp, but we need tazers for cops or that class is just useless, thats prlly not gonna happen though.

Bad Dog
5 May 2011, 05:02pm
If we could at least get a response about it. I mean, at this point its either DarkRP or nothing. Sooo itll probably be nothing :/

Octa
5 May 2011, 05:06pm
Dark RP is bad. Nuff said.

cakeshark
7 May 2011, 02:26am
you know what would be a bitchin idea? a TTT server with slot limit of 6. the small games are pretty much anything goes and a lot of fun. epic times are had by all.

Spartan
7 May 2011, 07:28am
The reason it's undecided right now is because Paul still wants to switch over to another host which is not done yet. This means the I.P's will change, and I don't know if there will be enough room for this server on that dedi. Priority to the current servers first and then if there is room, other servers. This thread will just be used as a reminder for me in future.

Bad Dog
9 May 2011, 02:23pm
you know what would be a bitchin idea? a TTT server with slot limit of 6. the small games are pretty much anything goes and a lot of fun. epic times are had by all.

True. But a server where that happened all the time would be meh. Better left to when the server is all but deserted. Thats when the lulz come out....

And Spartan, thank you, now I wont have to start a rebellion.

Forester155
10 May 2011, 08:08pm
For darkrp Ideas, head to www.noobonicplauge.com and hit up their forums and server. i play there all the time. NO IM NOT ADVERTISING, THEY HAVE A FUCKING GOOD DARK RP SERVER.

My suggestons, which ive stated 10000000 times.
CPR Mod
Ghosts
Tazers
Payday
Hunger Mod
Vehicles
KEEP OUR STYLE OF RP [kinda like a build cause of all the tools being available, but actually a dark cause its cool like that]