PDA

View Full Version : Simple admin system with an amazing poll

Nasu
21 Mar 2011, 12:13pm
1.You apply with a PM or a special form you want admin with a few simple questions similar to when apprentice system was in place.

2.AO+ vote on the people.

3.If the applicants pass the AO+ vote Members/Regs/Sups/SAs+ vote will be made in which you can vote yes or no to a certain person preferably with an explanation why.

4.If both votes have a majority to the applicant then he gets admin.

I know it's really not my place to suggest these things without consulting any higher ups but people really seem to want a system so here's imo a pretty solid choice.

Charles Stover
21 Mar 2011, 12:16pm
I know it's really not my place to suggest these things
It is everyone's place to make suggestions. No worries.

Barber
21 Mar 2011, 12:21pm
That could work. I support.

Leon
21 Mar 2011, 12:29pm
There are a lot of Mem/Reg/Sup etc who are willing to vote with good reasons for those getting admin. With the exception on how they don't like he/she for something so small such as a couple of posts with silly comments here and there shouldn't count against them.

- Also timelimit on thread

MPQC
21 Mar 2011, 12:30pm
People complained that there weren't enough CA+'s on the servers, so that they could get noticed and get a promotion. Limiting this to AO+ only is a bad idea, and I can just see the complaints rolling in.

Bullet Wound
21 Mar 2011, 12:35pm
Also timelimit on topic since there are a lot of Mems+ with GOOD (or honest as possible on the person) except on how they don't like he/she for something so small such as a couple of posts with silly comments here and there shouldn't count against them.

Time/Active/Behavior on forums/servers

Am I the only one who has no idea what leon is trying to say here....its like in some sort of code.

Leon
21 Mar 2011, 12:35pm
People complained that there weren't enough CA+'s on the servers, so that they could get noticed and get a promotion. Limiting this to AO+ only is a bad idea, and I can just see the complaints rolling in.

(Jesus christ at so many codes for your sentence O_O)

3.If the applicants pass the AO+ vote Members/Regs/Sups/SAs+ vote will be made in which you can vote yes or no to a certain person preferably with an explanation why.

If that's the case then if not enough good responses from AOs+, then Mems/Regs/Sups etc can also speak on their minds of the person getting it as well! Only fair?

And edited first post just for BW :>

MPQC
21 Mar 2011, 12:38pm
Better, Leon. :p

Zaraki
21 Mar 2011, 12:43pm
I would love this idea ;)
But as MPQC said, AO's are rare on the servers :p

Atleast the situations where you play with one :D

<3

HZK
21 Mar 2011, 01:18pm
andre is on ze quite frequently....

Nasu
21 Mar 2011, 01:27pm
The AOs+ could be lenient about the amount of gameplay on the server depending on their own activity

MPQC
21 Mar 2011, 01:31pm
andre is on ze quite frequently....

Okay, so that's 1/12 servers. Making progress! -_-

Kiwi
21 Mar 2011, 01:41pm
The AOs+ could be lenient about the amount of gameplay on the server depending on their own activity

So you only have to play an hour a week to get admin? Hell yeah!

Nasu
21 Mar 2011, 01:43pm
So you only have to play an hour a week to get admin? Hell yeah!

That's where the member vote comes in (IN THEORY)

Zealot
21 Mar 2011, 01:54pm
1.You apply with a PM or a special form you want admin with a few simple questions similar to when apprentice system was in place.

2.AO+ vote on the people.

4.If both votes have a majority to the applicant then he gets admin.

I know it's really not my place to suggest these things without consulting any higher ups but people really seem to want a system so here's imo a pretty solid choice.

1. Good idea
2. Good idea
3. No, SA's only
4. 80% Majority

You can suggest anything you want without higher ups position, don't be a pussy.

Nasu
21 Mar 2011, 02:03pm
1. Good idea
2. Good idea
3. No, SA's only
4. 80% Majority

You can suggest anything you want without higher ups position, don't be a pussy.

3.New SAs have little effect to already existing admins
4.Could be less especially if regs are allowed to vote.

I also meant it that it wouldnt cause higher ups too much work :P

Zealot
21 Mar 2011, 02:32pm
3.New SAs have little effect to already existing admins
4.Could be less especially if regs are allowed to vote.

I also meant it that it wouldnt cause higher ups too much work :P

Theres like 6 new SA's. SA's are the ones who watch which players do what in the servers. Regs and such makes it a popularity contest.

Majority weeds out turds, keep it high.

Suicide
21 Mar 2011, 02:43pm
I don't see why not.

Im a Jackass
21 Mar 2011, 09:05pm
I like it its just I dont think regs mems or Dons should be able to vote t\if it was up to mems,regs and dons it would be the player who had most friends it should ne Admins and higher who vote but its till nice

Suicide
22 Mar 2011, 10:57am
I like it its just I dont think regs mems or Dons should be able to vote t\if it was up to mems,regs and dons it would be the player who had most friends it should ne Admins and higher who vote but its till nice

Agreed.

u egg
22 Mar 2011, 12:10pm
I think dons should have the right to tell their opinions about the concerned person, but not vote. Some are nice when admins are on, but complete dick when none's around. They're just asslicking. So basically if it has xx% of majority, but really bad review by dons.. :/

We want rights! :P

Nasu
22 Mar 2011, 12:15pm
So if regs/mems/sups aren't allowed to vote there would be little need for two polls

Octa
28 Mar 2011, 03:57pm
I definatly dont agree with Mems being able to apply/vote, but what if we changed it up a little.

First, have a poll for the admins.

Second, have a poll for the Sups/Reg's who have been with SG for over 6 months or a year.

That way you at least know the people that are voting aren't just random people off of the street.