PDA

View Full Version : Free-slide server

AutomaticCoding
18 Mar 2011, 11:58pm
Now first on all, I know alot of you are going to be like "Oh god, not another person asking for a new server" but hear me out. Yes I know it'll need a lot of maintaining/money but, I'm only giving a idea. You can say no.

This server hasn't been done anywhere (atleast gameservers can't find it. Click here (http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?vars=sv_friction=0)).

Basically you need a flat map (I'm playing with bbhy_lucid on a private server, no one to play with but I still want to play it. That's like you playing de_dust2 with no bots/players) and sliding around.

The console commands are:

sv_friction 0
sv_accelerate 500
sv_airaccelerate 800
sv_gravity 500

and I really think alot of people would play it. If not making a server atleast try it out your self. Strafe to move and that's pretty much it. Addicting as hell.

Thanks for reading
Automatic Coding.

Lucid
19 Mar 2011, 12:29am
Well I like the name of the map.

There are a good amount of slide minigames within our minigame server, and we also have mg_battleslider which is a slide map in which you shoot and slide. Having a slide only server wouldn't make it in my opinion, it might be popular for a few days because it's a new server and everyone will be playing it, but in the end, it would just die and I can get my taste of slide on the MG server.

AutomaticCoding
19 Mar 2011, 12:39am
Well I like the name of the map.

There are a good amount of slide minigames within our minigame server, and we also have mg_battleslider which is a slide map in which you shoot and slide. Having a slide only server wouldn't make it in my opinion, it might be popular for a few days because it's a new server and everyone will be playing it, but in the end, it would just die and I can get my taste of slide on the MG server.

Believe me, I'm a HUGE fan of both sliderace and MG maps. I've played your servers for ages (think it's around a year?) but this is not like a sliderace map. Feel free to just make a test server (in counter-strike > create server) then type in console the commands I put up there.

Can be on any map really, but best if you use a map that's made for it. You have full control, not trying to get out of the way, not forced to go forwards. Really, try it.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I'll read this thread tomorrow. Cya =)

Paul
19 Mar 2011, 04:25am
It's only sv_fricion 0? I dont think it would be a good idea to run a server thats maint focus is sv_friction 0. You pretty much need to use a M3 shotgun for kills.