PDA

View Full Version : Mythbusters

SpikedRocker
22 Apr 2008, 05:25pm
I missed the special on Science Channel where they hooked up with some High school students that won a national science fair or something. The DVR missed it cause it wasn't on Discovery Channel ~Shakes fist at stupid DVR~ I ment to watch it but ended up watchin my Tin Man DVD. Also for those interested, they are airing new episode wednesday. Its the Alaska special. It is unknown if this is the start of the new season or not...but I hope it is!:thumbup:
I just checked there are 2 other specials announced. NASA landing on the moon (i am very interested in this one) and a new shark week episode for the summer.

nightmarejr
26 Apr 2008, 09:37am
haha mythbusters is awesome. i also dvr that episode. i should watch it someday. too many on the list

Italian Jew
26 Apr 2008, 09:56am
Show is awesome! A few months ago Tory from the show visited my school. He showed us one of his old film school projects which was very weird, but cool nonetheless and revealed something that makes geeks cry across the world....Kari is married... :sad:

Nice to see they still have myths to do

SpikedRocker
26 Apr 2008, 12:00pm
Show is awesome! A few months ago Tory from the show visited my school. He showed us one of his old film school projects which was very weird, but cool nonetheless and revealed something that makes geeks cry across the world....Kari is married... :sad:

Nice to see they still have myths to do

Yeah, and for those that can watch, tonight on Science channel they are re-airing the young inventors episode I missed. It is on at 8 PM EST. Still no word on the other new episodes. And I didn't know kari was married.:sad:

Retarded Santa
13 May 2008, 04:53pm
Kari is married? Man that does burst my nerd bubble. Oh well I guess I'll have to turn up the charm, assuming I ever find myself trapped on an elevator with her or somthing :rlol:

SpikedRocker
27 Jun 2008, 04:15am
NEW EPISODE SCHEDULED
Shark Week 2008! Airs July 27th at 9 PM EST and is a 2 hour episode! This will probably kick off their new season.

Fairyluvvver
27 Jun 2008, 08:24am
I'm not sure if it is against the rules to post NSFW pictures and links but, I'll just say, that Adam has a goatse picture lying around the internet :D

SpikedRocker
27 Jun 2008, 09:35am
Yeah...that thread was a nightmare. Glad it was over...hopefully it stays dead!

SpikedRocker
3 Aug 2008, 05:45pm
New Season starts WEDNESDAY!!!!!

Wednesday Episode: Exploding Steak

On this easily digestible episode of MythBusters, we're testing two myths-suggested by the fans: Exploding Meat & Don't Drive Angry. We push the limits of what people are willing to try, and what they simply can't avoid.

August 13th Episode: Viral Hour

On this infectious episode of Mythbusters, we give internet 'viral videos' a timely check-up. They're exciting, funny, and sometimes barely credible. We can't wait to pass them on to our ten best friends, but can we truly believe everything we see

August 20th Episode: Ninjas 2

Ninjas and Mythbusters go together like matches and gunpowder: a marriage made in heaven. Ninjas are steeped in mythology that they've been only too happy to circulate. It's time to separate fact from fiction in the Mythbusters Ninja special 2.

August 27th Episode: NASA Moon Landing

On this episode of MythBusters, the team tackles the tallest tale of all in Moon Landing Hoax Hour. Did NASA pull off the greatest cover-up in human history?

September 3rd Episode: Blind Driving

On this episode of Mythbusters, there are 'fore' myths to have a swing and a miss at. And the four myths couldn't be more different.

September 10th Episode: Phone Book Friction

On this episode of Mythbusters Adam and Jamie take a fan mail film and use it to dial in on a phone book fable. And then Kari, Grant and Tory test a fishy tale of Hollywood pyrotechnics with their own big bang theories.

Thats all from the discovery channel website. Everyone set your DVR's!

GrayFox
3 Aug 2008, 05:52pm
I watched two episodes in a row, then went out for ice cream in time for the 4th episode. I love the discovery channel shows, like this and Deadliest Catch.

JoniX
3 Aug 2008, 06:40pm
yay i love mythbusters!!!!!!!!

Cooki3Monsta
3 Aug 2008, 09:14pm
Wooooot! Thanks for the reminder :thumbup1::thumbup1:

zapper
4 Aug 2008, 11:54am
i love this show i saw the shark week special :D

And thx spikedrocker for the reminder ^^

SoulKeeper
4 Aug 2008, 01:52pm
Kari is married? Man that does burst my nerd bubble. Oh well I guess I'll have to turn up the charm, assuming I ever find myself trapped on an elevator with her or somthing :rlol:
Need help with that plan? :001_cool:

JoniX
4 Aug 2008, 02:12pm
If you help retarded santa u will make things worse. :D

SpikedRocker
6 Aug 2008, 03:01am
Just another friendly reminder, TONIGHT! 9 PM EST Mythbusters starts the new season!

Aaron117
6 Aug 2008, 03:28am
Best show ever! I've been a fan to Adam Savage for awhile for all his great works, then I found out there was a show with him on it, he makes me giggle snort.

PVT.Snowball
6 Aug 2008, 04:44pm
Just another friendly reminder, TONIGHT! 9 PM EST Mythbusters starts the new season!

Hey Thanks for reminding me. :w00t:

SpikedRocker
8 Aug 2008, 03:31am
I'm looking forward to next weeks episode. Viral myths...they are covering a bunch of stuff we see on youtube!

Cooki3Monsta
9 Aug 2008, 08:38am
Same here ^^ :biggrin:

mikec789
10 Aug 2008, 11:06am
I really like mythbusters,always up to something dangerous. :tongue_smilie:

SoulKeeper
10 Aug 2008, 03:11pm
I remember the first time I saw it, I was home from school sick and they were doing some special when they wanted to see which person could withstand the most pain and stuff. Paintballed. ^^

Itendtokill
12 Aug 2008, 07:44am
this show is AWSOME

andrepcg
13 Aug 2008, 12:49pm
I love mythbusters. In my country, portugal, they replace english voices with portuguese ones. That really suck. But i lick very much the episodes!

I'm in vacation and now i'm losing a lot of episodes...

SpikedRocker
14 Aug 2008, 04:21am
Well you won't be missing much, if some of you tuned in last night to watch the highly anticipated Viral Hour show, you might have noticed that they Aired the 2nd hour of Pirates instead. Through my investigation, I have learned that Discovery hours before the airing to pull that episode and next weeks Ninja's 2 episode and reschedule them. The next new episode is August 27th with the NASA's Moon Mission episode. I am not sure when they plan to reschedule those pulled episodes.

As you can imagine, this has angered alot of viewers. Their forum was floodded with pages and pages of angry viewers. Hopefully discovery will make it up to viewers.

PVT.Snowball
14 Aug 2008, 10:03pm
New episodes coming the 27th of August. Due to the olympics. :mad:

SpikedRocker
26 Aug 2008, 06:12am
Alright tomorrow night new episodes pick back up. Tomorrow's episode is the NASA Moon Landing Mission. Very excited.

Henrik
26 Aug 2008, 02:20pm
uhh i <3 mythbusters

SpikedRocker
3 Sep 2008, 04:30am
NEW EPISODE TONIGHT

Viral Hour, the episode that 2 hours before it was scheduled to air was pulled. I found out why.

http://consumerist.com/5043831/mythbusters-gagged-credit-card-companies-kill-episode-exposing-rfid-security-flaws

They pulled it cause they(Discovery) didn't want to piss off their sponsors and force mythbusters to re-cut episode.

Robfal
3 Sep 2008, 07:00am
NEW EPISODE RITE NAO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK4x2aHXPU

I would have embedded the clip but... I R NOOB.

PVT.Snowball
5 Sep 2008, 06:02pm
Great episode! :biggrin:

SpikedRocker
18 Sep 2008, 07:36am
Well last nights new episode of Water Stun Gun was very disappointing if you ask me. The obviously slacked off for this episode. They knew it wasn't going to work cause when they did the pee on the third rail myth it didn't work there. Same physics concept but different application still equals same result. I think this is the first show I've ever been disappointed of.

juku
18 Sep 2008, 08:23pm
Hey sooner or later ideas will run out that are interesting. So I guess they made a filler episode to save for the better myths.

Longwave
12 Nov 2008, 11:10am
i love the mythbusters. i have watched every epasode. my fave is the.... hell i love all of them. BUSTER FTW!

Henrik
12 Nov 2008, 03:05pm
yeah mythbusters is awesome

Longwave
12 Nov 2008, 08:17pm
OMG NEW EP tonight was kick ass. vote boom!!!!!! :P