PDA

View Full Version : Claiming Areas

Doctordan
10 Mar 2011, 07:15pm
Can there be an official rule added about claiming added to the motd it the lack of rule is causing alot of unbannable rdm in my oppinion

Bad Dog
10 Mar 2011, 07:29pm
Can there be an official rule added about claiming added to the motd it the lack of rule is causing alot of unbannable rdm in my oppinion

I kind of think its time we do make it a rule that you cannot claim areas. As of now, people who do claim areas are not supported by the RDM rule, meaning they can be shot on sight for any reason.

This ruling really hasnt worked out so well, as its always just innocents killing other innocents, and not productive or fun in the least bit.

That, and its never been clear if detectives can or cannot claim areas. I've heard yes and no, and most of the server seems split on it as well.

Chainedlord
10 Mar 2011, 07:32pm
Something Spartan said in a previous thread about this

Thirdly, claiming areas means YOU can be killed, and SHOULD make you a suspect of being a traitor. Yes, even as detective. Think about it though if you're innocent. You're gona lose a lot of karma.

PingPong
10 Mar 2011, 07:33pm
You can but it does not protect you from the rdm rule.

Doctordan
10 Mar 2011, 07:35pm
regardless of what the rule is i would like it to be added to motd to quell confusion

Metal
10 Mar 2011, 07:41pm
regardless of what the rule is i would like it to be added to motd to quell confusion

And best to add the dont kill people as a prop.

Doctordan
10 Mar 2011, 07:49pm
not to add another topic of discusion but prop possesion is meant to mess with live players it keeps people entertained as a 10 min round progesses with a crappy traitor and the number of times props actually kill players is laughable (granted there are exceptions like the bridge on crummy cradle) but leave props alone plus its hard to enforce that rule and if it is such a large deal disable prop possesion that solves the problem

APenguin
10 Mar 2011, 08:36pm
Ive had tic saying "I claim the whole map and everyone is allowed but jazzy" just so he can rdm jazzy. And other people doing things like this. Thats rdm right?

Harry
10 Mar 2011, 08:38pm
Ive had tic saying "I claim the whole map and everyone is allowed but jazzy" just so he can rdm jazzy. And other people doing things like this. Thats rdm right?
Yeah, but I am sure tic was just dickin around with that...

Anyways, claimers are dumb, but the servers doesn't need more rules I think. Tell them to stop being pusey taters and they usually stop.

Bad Dog
10 Mar 2011, 09:09pm
Eh. I kind of agree with Harry actually. Change of mind, I suppose.

The server really doesnt need more rules. If they want to claim areas, let them. As long as they make it clear where they are claiming, whatever. I'll just continue my usual routine of killing them off. Just dont kill me for doing it.

That, and if detectives are allowed to claim, fine. They die as well now.

Tweezy
11 Mar 2011, 12:51am
In my opinion if sometime decides to claim something, I will class them as a traitor. We don't need a rule for this, mostly everyone knows claiming areas will result in people shooting you. For example, the level with the Big boat and small one (ze_boat something) if someone decided to go in the small boat and say "This is now my boat, anyone coming in WILL be shot."

I will start shooting at them from the boat, and other people will join me as well, it's basically saying if you step over this line you've entered my traitor den, hahaha your now mine.

Neji
11 Mar 2011, 05:41am
Why the fuck not. It's bad for you, because you're gonna lose a lot of karma.

tic
11 Mar 2011, 08:11am

Me and jazzy were joking around on vent heck even when we were both traitors we had a knife fight.

SgtJoo
12 Mar 2011, 05:14pm
I've done it before and killed traitors and innocents alike.

Always been a not so unspoken rule that if you claim you can be "RDMed" blah blah etc

The area has to be reasonable though. We're not talking a huge area everyone has to pass through, just a small side room. Traitors can C4 it anyway...

ExRev
12 Mar 2011, 06:22pm
I've claimed areas before. As far as my understanding was, if I did it, people had the right to RDM me. But in the same light, in my understanding, if you come there to RDM me because I claimed a room, then I have all rights to kill you in defense.

Honestly I don't claim rooms much, and you really only have to worry about me if I'm a detective.