PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents on improving escape

high rws
7 Mar 2011, 03:25am
I've been on escape and napalm on and off since early 2008. I've seen it at its peak and i've seen it at its decline. I'm going to make a few suggestions as i've been playing css for about 6-7 years now, and i've seen alot..

TEAMWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

1. Zombie escape lost its escape "feel." Teamwork RARELY happens anymore. Vehicles are never held, etc. Its like every man for themselves. Add more maps where teamwork is a must. Mix it up a little. Make half of the playlist barricade, and half of it escape. In barricade, if you do not have teamwork, you will simply not survive.

Pros: more satisfied players, more fun in general
Cons: ???

2. AMBIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Add a music playlist on the server. I remember in the IBIS I.S.S servers every so often music would play. Not music with lyrics, but like techno music to get you pumped, but not upbeat techno of course. Also, i remember at the final 2 minutes of a round the resident evil theme would play. It was perfect for the scene, seeing as how the resident evil theme is eerie and it ties in with the whole "zombies" aspect. It would be cool to have some type of rock/techno play every so often (not the whole round), especially during those moments when your outnumbered and being chased down by zombies.

Pros: Adds to the feel and atmosphere of the game.
Cons: Some people might not enjoy it
Solution: stopsound in console

3. If it's not broken, don't change it

Bring back older themes/skins/and plugins.

As i remember, nobody complained about zombie skins, or the fact that there was no zombie vision. Some people complained about block because of faggots who deliberately
did it, but said faggots were usually banned. I think the old skins were good, and i used to love block. Why are the ct skins so damn weird? Biosuit? Spetznaz? Umbrella? IMO all of them running around looked retarded, none of them look similar. Not saying there should be no individuality, but cmon, wtf? Also, i'd like to see block added. it adds to the difficulty and strategy of the mod. Zombies should be able to stack on each others heads and reach otherwise unreachable places..

Well thats just my theory on what could improve the server, took a while to write lol - thank you
:thumb:

Drox
7 Mar 2011, 05:53am
Teamwork isnt something you make happen, it just happens. Most of the time people like to look out for themselves, always has been that way. Though it isnt impossible to get teamwork going on, but it doesnt happen all the time and cant be enforced nor shouldnt be.

I wouldnt mind seeing a radio or something that some servers have but it should be a choice to turn on and not auto on when you join. Since it could clash with map music and whatnot. As far as ure skins suggestion goes, I'd love to see old skins come back for admins and donators though I dont think they found a way to make the whole private skin thing work out since paul had to make them all public because some Don's couldnt get the Don skin.

Spiffy
7 Mar 2011, 07:57am
Teamwork isnt something you make happen, it just happens. Most of the time people like to look out for themselves, always has been that way. Though it isnt impossible to get teamwork going on, but it doesnt happen all the time and cant be enforced nor shouldnt be.

I wouldnt mind seeing a radio or something that some servers have but it should be a choice to turn on and not auto on when you join. Since it could clash with map music and whatnot. As far as ure skins suggestion goes, I'd love to see old skins come back for admins and donators though I dont think they found a way to make the whole private skin thing work out since paul had to make them all public because some Don's couldnt get the Don skin.

Actually most of the new maps dictate having no teamwork. Everyone just runs to the next door and waits there until it opens. A lot of the new maps like to teleport the zombies back or hold them in an area while you do something else and it's retarded. In the old days I was constantly shooting the zombies back the entire map.

high rws
7 Mar 2011, 12:35pm
Actually most of the new maps dictate having no teamwork. Everyone just runs to the next door and waits there until it opens. A lot of the new maps like to teleport the zombies back or hold them in an area while you do something else and it's retarded. In the old days I was constantly shooting the zombies back the entire map.

I agree spiffy. I'd like to see the return of maps where you need a team to hold out an area like jurrasic and mesa, where one guy couldn't win

andre1028
7 Mar 2011, 01:54pm
All those 'teamwork' encouraging maps are still on the rotation. I would never take them off. It's really up to the players to vote for them but most of them don't or RTV a minute or two in. The only solution is nuking the second generation Escape maps but that would kill population.

A music plugin would be interesting but most people like myself would rather immerse themselves in our own iTunes/Winamp/WMP(God forbid)/whatever playlist. It's fully possible to add a radio plugin but I personally think it's a waste. I'll research into it later and see if there are any Sourcemod compatible plugins.

As for skins: suggestions are always welcome, removal/adding and such. I personally find the Quake and Biosuit the silliest out of all of them and I wouldn't mind removing it and replacing it with something cooler like MW2 skins. I'd have to talk to Paul about adding them though as he did all the work with the skins and I never took the time to learn how to add them myself. Don't be discouraged to spam me with links or request for removal as it is fully possible.

high rws
7 Mar 2011, 02:29pm
All those 'teamwork' encouraging maps are still on the rotation. I would never take them off. It's really up to the players to vote for them but most of them don't or RTV a minute or two in. The only solution is nuking the second generation Escape maps but that would kill population.

A music plugin would be interesting but most people like myself would rather immerse themselves in our own iTunes/Winamp/WMP(God forbid)/whatever playlist. It's fully possible to add a radio plugin but I personally think it's a waste. I'll research into it later and see if there are any Sourcemod compatible plugins.

As for skins: suggestions are always welcome, removal/adding and such. I personally find the Quake and Biosuit the silliest out of all of them and I wouldn't mind removing it and replacing it with something cooler like MW2 skins. I'd have to talk to Paul about adding them though as he did all the work with the skins and I never took the time to learn how to add them myself. Don't be discouraged to spam me with links or request for removal as it is fully possible.

Thanks for your input Andre. But i think you misunderstood what i meant by music. i didn't mean actual songs playing like a radio, i just meant some kind of action music to play every so often for like 45 seconds to get you going.

And i like your idea for skins, Mw2 may look cool, but don't get the desert camo skins because they wouldn't match on every map, get some kind of urban camo. And you should add an option to toggle skins on/off as some people may have issues.
Here is a skin that i think would look nice, it's from cod: http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/53502

But again i think default skins altogether would be good, so people can use their own skins.

Labarr
7 Mar 2011, 10:30pm
My 2 cents: fuck the new maps, bring back the old maps from '09

Zaraki
8 Mar 2011, 07:49am
My 2 cents: fuck the new maps, bring back the old maps from '09

Cool of you bro!

Just see what will happen. Escape died before, so improvements will be better. The problem with teamwork is that the maps that we play aren't based on teamplay. The Atix chopper map just needed teamwork or the round would have ended sooo fast. The big concern with people these days is that maps have to look cool and they don't care about the gameplay.

Simple short maps with overpowering zombies, that's the old school style ;)

Jaffa
8 Mar 2011, 08:24am
Thanks for your input Andre. But i think you misunderstood what i meant by music. i didn't mean actual songs playing like a radio, i just meant some kind of action music to play every so often for like 45 seconds to get you going.

I'm guessing you are referring to the sound clips on minigames, that Paul has set up for when he and sexy fish join the server?

high rws
8 Mar 2011, 01:38pm
Uhhh something like that, but not music that has to be triggered. just that it happens randomly throughout the round.

high rws
8 Mar 2011, 01:39pm
Cool of you bro!

Just see what will happen. Escape died before, so improvements will be better. The problem with teamwork is that the maps that we play aren't based on teamplay. The Atix chopper map just needed teamwork or the round would have ended sooo fast. The big concern with people these days is that maps have to look cool and they don't care about the gameplay.

Simple short maps with overpowering zombies, that's the old school style ;)

Yup i agree lol, short and sweet and to the point.

andre1028
8 Mar 2011, 01:42pm
Uhhh something like that, but not music that has to be triggered. just that it happens randomly throughout the round.

I meant radio because people like me don't want random music playing over their own music playing the background. Maps like Predator which play ME2 and Trailer Music at full blast is a problem enough lol.

jeN
8 Mar 2011, 01:46pm
God damn it, no more maps with sound. Predator and other maps like that are a bitch with their loud ass music. :mmph:

Veggie
8 Mar 2011, 02:00pm
"Bring back older themes/skins/and plugins."

No, The new skins are a big hit!

Also you should play in the server on the weekends, it's packed full now.

HZK
8 Mar 2011, 02:21pm
"Bring back older themes/skins/and plugins."

No, The new skins are a big hit!

Also you should play in the server on the weekends, it's packed full now.

Too bad in the week-days it's quite the opposite.

high rws
8 Mar 2011, 06:24pm
I hate the new skins, im trying to find ways to remove em

Labarr
8 Mar 2011, 08:54pm
God damn it, no more maps with sound. Predator and other maps like that are a bitch with their loud ass music. :mmph:

You sure its not just because ur having a hangover?

Lucid
9 Mar 2011, 08:26am

Meh, I have to disagree. The only map I see like this is POTC.

In Mako, you have to defend 3 routes zombies have access to, the choke points actually require a great deal of teamwork. I.E. Holding the bridge and slowing down zombies while a few people go hit the button, then continue to hold until the elevator opens up. You also have to time your materias just right or else you can screw your whole team up by using it too early.

In Predator, you have to hold off a base from 4 different ways zombies have access to enter(at least before the harder levels) then even in the harder levels, you have to have someone stay behind and grenade the zombies or else they will catch up very quickly and infect a majority of the players. Oh, and not to mention that during the boss fights, you need to use communication and teamwork for parts such as the orbs, if you do not have people spread out, you will die.

I'm not too sure about the newer biohazard since I'm not a big fan of it. I prefer the older biohazard > Newer version.

In ze_paranoid, it's actually quite a fun map with a lot of chaotic scenes, you can win by yourself, or you can lose with a whole team of humans. It's all about the items you pick up in the labyrinth and using them in conjunction with your teammates while holding off a horde of zombies. As far as I know, this map does not use any invisible walls for the zombies.

In ze_infiltration, you have to hold off the elevator for a series of choke points that are very hard to defend against and the only way to win is to communicate properly and shoot the zombies back. Sure, it holds the zombies in a little container up in the air while the humans escape, but that's better than having a breakable barrier that the zombies will crowd and take even longer to break since they'll be stabbing each other.

Don't get me wrong, I love the old maps, but it seems that some of you guys are just jumping on the bandwagon and say "Old school maps require the most teamwork" without even playing any of the newer maps. Most of the maps I listed above don't even have invisible walls that hold the zombies off, and the zombies can easily overpower a small unorganized team.

Sometimes the older maps get boring since that's all we used to play back in the day, it's nice to change to something new, and if you're a fan of the way the maps used to be back in the day with breakable zombie stoppers, then make a newer map that uses those same properties. To me, I love the old maps, but I find that after a few rounds, it feels as if I've done this before, and I actually have, because in the past it's all we ever used to play and gets a little boring...

Im a Jackass
9 Mar 2011, 08:35am
Old maps would make it better and do you really think teamwork will ever happen it would be nice if it did work but noo no does team work silly

Lucid
9 Mar 2011, 08:37am
Old maps would make it better and do you really think teamwork will ever happen it would be nice if it did work but noo no does team work silly

Old maps won't make it better if there is nobody to play them...

Teamwork happens all the time in the server, but you don't realize it.

Spiffy
9 Mar 2011, 11:02am
Meh, I have to disagree. The only map I see like this is POTC.

In Mako, you have to defend 3 routes zombies have access to, the choke points actually require a great deal of teamwork. I.E. Holding the bridge and slowing down zombies while a few people go hit the button, then continue to hold until the elevator opens up. You also have to time your materias just right or else you can screw your whole team up by using it too early.

In Predator, you have to hold off a base from 4 different ways zombies have access to enter(at least before the harder levels) then even in the harder levels, you have to have someone stay behind and grenade the zombies or else they will catch up very quickly and infect a majority of the players. Oh, and not to mention that during the boss fights, you need to use communication and teamwork for parts such as the orbs, if you do not have people spread out, you will die.

I'm not too sure about the newer biohazard since I'm not a big fan of it. I prefer the older biohazard > Newer version.

In ze_paranoid, it's actually quite a fun map with a lot of chaotic scenes, you can win by yourself, or you can lose with a whole team of humans. It's all about the items you pick up in the labyrinth and using them in conjunction with your teammates while holding off a horde of zombies. As far as I know, this map does not use any invisible walls for the zombies.

In ze_infiltration, you have to hold off the elevator for a series of choke points that are very hard to defend against and the only way to win is to communicate properly and shoot the zombies back. Sure, it holds the zombies in a little container up in the air while the humans escape, but that's better than having a breakable barrier that the zombies will crowd and take even longer to break since they'll be stabbing each other.

Don't get me wrong, I love the old maps, but it seems that some of you guys are just jumping on the bandwagon and say "Old school maps require the most teamwork" without even playing any of the newer maps. Most of the maps I listed above don't even have invisible walls that hold the zombies off, and the zombies can easily overpower a small unorganized team.

Sometimes the older maps get boring since that's all we used to play back in the day, it's nice to change to something new, and if you're a fan of the way the maps used to be back in the day with breakable zombie stoppers, then make a newer map that uses those same properties. To me, I love the old maps, but I find that after a few rounds, it feels as if I've done this before, and I actually have, because in the past it's all we ever used to play and gets a little boring...

Every single example you used proved my point. You run to a spot and hold it off until something happens, then to run to the next point and hold it off until a door or something opens, etc. This is exactly what I hate about the new zombie maps. Most of the old ones were constantly run and constantly looking back to shoot or throw nades or whatever. You talk of the style of maps where you can break stuff to block them; that is fine but that is not what makes a map and not what I am looking for in a map.

P.S. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon any more than you are.

high rws
9 Mar 2011, 08:39pm
Every single example you used proved my point. You run to a spot and hold it off until something happens, then to run to the next point and hold it off until a door or something opens, etc. This is exactly what I hate about the new zombie maps. Most of the old ones were constantly run and constantly looking back to shoot or throw nades or whatever. You talk of the style of maps where you can break stuff to block them; that is fine but that is not what makes a map and not what I am looking for in a map.

I agree. I was just on biohazard. it was fun but its so linear. run, hold off, rinse and repeat. we had rounds where morons got us all tagged due to no teamwork, but i had some friends on so it was great

Lucid
10 Mar 2011, 08:15am

I'll agree that some maps are like this, but some aren't, we can't just classify all newer maps as bad just because they become overplayed and use noblock.

Spiffy
10 Mar 2011, 08:19am
I'll agree that some maps are like this, but some aren't, we can't just classify all newer maps as bad just because they become overplayed and use noblock.

I agree. I'm not classifying them bad based on how often they are played or no block. I am basing it off of poor game-play. I actually don't mind no block as long as it doesn't ruin any parts of the map.

high rws
11 Mar 2011, 12:14pm
Block is good. it helps me boost up my ct teammates on maps like mesa where some players cant get up the boxes..i dont mind dying because of helping them get by, but i really hate players who purposely block everyone

Suicide
15 Mar 2011, 07:55pm
Block shouldn't be taken off.

Bullet Wound
16 Mar 2011, 10:10am
I don't think its TEAMWORK thats the issue for the most part, one person in the server has a mic and they can rally the humans to work together pretty easily. Anyone can do it, you just have to know what you're doing.

The issue is people DON'T FUCKEN SHOOT THE ZOMBIES. Its fucken ridicules, I've been in places where we defend with 20ish humans, 4 zombies come up and break through, all because 15ish of the people are fucken hiding by where-ever the next zone is while the remaining humans are defending by themselves. I have literally tried to get into a room with 7 people, only ONE shot at me and the rest were all "WTF HOW DID HE GET IN" when i got past the guy and killed them all.

As long as the map is fun I don't really mind it. Although I think that older maps can be more fun since they focus more on balance then looks, even the good new maps like predator isn't really about escaping zombies, its just about running from place to place and defending for a short amount of time and then focusing on the cool effects like fighting the predator.

TLDR; First you're a faggot for not reading, better players and simpler maps make the server fun.

high rws
22 Mar 2011, 12:27am
I don't think its TEAMWORK thats the issue for the most part, one person in the server has a mic and they can rally the humans to work together pretty easily. Anyone can do it, you just have to know what you're doing.

The issue is people DON'T FUCKEN SHOOT THE ZOMBIES. Its fucken ridicules, I've been in places where we defend with 20ish humans, 4 zombies come up and break through, all because 15ish of the people are fucken hiding by where-ever the next zone is while the remaining humans are defending by themselves. I have literally tried to get into a room with 7 people, only ONE shot at me and the rest were all "WTF HOW DID HE GET IN" when i got past the guy and killed them all.

As long as the map is fun I don't really mind it. Although I think that older maps can be more fun since they focus more on balance then looks, even the good new maps like predator isn't really about escaping zombies, its just about running from place to place and defending for a short amount of time and then focusing on the cool effects like fighting the predator.

TLDR; First you're a faggot for not reading, better players and simpler maps make the server fun.

I agree 100%. People focus way too much on getting to the next point or area. they dont bother with teamwork or holding vehicles or doors, etc. its ridiculous.

high rws
28 Mar 2011, 04:23am
Block shouldn't be taken off.

agreed

Jazz
29 Mar 2011, 01:04pm
Give us the old school skins theme back with the old admin skins!

high rws
31 Mar 2011, 10:56am
Give us the old school skins theme back with the old admin skins!

agreed!!!!! i want the old ones back so badly.

high rws
1 Apr 2011, 06:42pm
bump

Jazz
2 Apr 2011, 06:55am
bumpiditydump

high rws
2 Apr 2011, 07:20pm
Bamp

Admiral Ackbar
2 Apr 2011, 08:18pm
i agree, i miss the old maps and skins :(

high rws
8 Apr 2011, 02:54pm
i agree, i miss the old maps and skins :(

as do i :(
BAMP

high rws
10 Apr 2011, 08:24pm
bamp

sebak
10 Apr 2011, 08:46pm
bump much....

what i miss were the lotr skins for helms deep. not sure if that was in sg servers though...

HZK
11 Apr 2011, 10:28am
El giganté skin for higher ups would be awesome.

high rws
11 Apr 2011, 06:25pm
El giganté skin for higher ups would be awesome.

o gosh lol brings back memories

HZK
12 Apr 2011, 02:54pm
o gosh lol brings back memories
Or use mother crab skins, I remember in the stage between classic zm and modern zm the servers were obsessed with having the best skins.
Common skins were mother crab, el giganté helknight and other big-ass freaks. Skins like these for the higher ups would be so awesome.

high rws
12 Apr 2011, 08:05pm
Or use mother crab skins, I remember in the stage between classic zm and modern zm the servers were obsessed with having the best skins.
Common skins were mother crab, el giganté helknight and other big-ass freaks. Skins like these for the higher ups would be so awesome.

Lmfao you're so right. when zm transitioned from classic to the modern day one they all had those skins. also the bigass chuckie the doll skin..oh god lol been so long

HZK
13 Apr 2011, 01:16am
Lmfao you're so right. when zm transitioned from classic to the modern day one they all had those skins. also the bigass chuckie the doll skin..oh god lol been so long
And that was the birth of modern zombie riot mod :/

fanatiik
13 Apr 2011, 03:21pm
bump much....

what i miss were the lotr skins for helms deep. not sure if that was in sg servers though...

there use to be a lotr server with the 3 zombie map as a rotation and with epic lotr skins that was the shit until server got dead

high rws
13 Apr 2011, 08:43pm
shameless self bamp

high rws
22 Apr 2011, 06:01pm
BuMp

high rws
3 May 2011, 06:35pm
bump

high rws
6 May 2011, 05:18pm
there use to be a lotr server with the 3 zombie map as a rotation and with epic lotr skins that was the shit until server got dead

ya it replaced napalm i believe

Octa
6 May 2011, 06:19pm
Dudes, all i can say is get over yourselves.

People LIKE the new maps. I played the "Old school" maps that ARE STILL IN THE FUCKING ROTATION!! THEY DIDNT GO ANYWHERE! But they are exactly what you call them. OLD. You prove my point just by naming them. THEY ARE OLD. OUTDATED, PLAYED TOO MUCH. I presonally leave almost anytime a map like Boat Escape comes on. Its a map where all you do is run, and then die in the end because your team mates that got there before you fucked you over and took the boats. You call that team work?

You say you want the "teamwork" that was required in the "oldschool" maps, when all i can remember about team work is half of my team mates purposfully tryig to fuck the rest of the team over, by closing gates too early, taking off with the boats, or just plain being an edge hero. Name a single oldschool map that i haven't played 10 billion times, and i will pay you to STFU.

The reason the new maps are "Overplayed" is because players are tired of the old maps! I'm tired of seeing the same thread over and over again. WE ARE NOT GETTING RID OF THE NEW MAPS. Like I stated previously, and Andre said a few pages back, the "oldschool" maps are still in the rotation, its just no one votes for them because they are sick of them.

Dont get me wrong, I used to love those maps as much as you do now. But this is annoying ME now, because if we got ride of the new maps, we might as well as just shut down the server, because the old maps cant hold a population.

Oh, and it's BS saying the server doesnt have a population on weekdays. It may not be filled, but thats because people have work. And even so, I still see around 30 people on every night.

Rage Over.

Oh, and as a side note, if you havent noticed, maps like Helms Deep and Mako and Predator require a hell of a lot more team work then running through an entire map, trying to save yourself. I dont really see your ponin there.

high rws
11 May 2011, 04:38pm

People LIKE the new maps. I played the "Old school" maps that ARE STILL IN THE FUCKING ROTATION!! THEY DIDNT GO ANYWHERE! But they are exactly what you call them. OLD. You prove my point just by naming them. THEY ARE OLD. OUTDATED, PLAYED TOO MUCH. I presonally leave almost anytime a map like Boat Escape comes on. Its a map where all you do is run, and then die in the end because your team mates that got there before you fucked you over and took the boats. You call that team work?

You say you want the "teamwork" that was required in the "oldschool" maps, when all i can remember about team work is half of my team mates purposfully tryig to fuck the rest of the team over, by closing gates too early, taking off with the boats, or just plain being an edge hero. Name a single oldschool map that i haven't played 10 billion times, and i will pay you to STFU.

The reason the new maps are "Overplayed" is because players are tired of the old maps! I'm tired of seeing the same thread over and over again. WE ARE NOT GETTING RID OF THE NEW MAPS. Like I stated previously, and Andre said a few pages back, the "oldschool" maps are still in the rotation, its just no one votes for them because they are sick of them.

Dont get me wrong, I used to love those maps as much as you do now. But this is annoying ME now, because if we got ride of the new maps, we might as well as just shut down the server, because the old maps cant hold a population.

Oh, and it's BS saying the server doesnt have a population on weekdays. It may not be filled, but thats because people have work. And even so, I still see around 30 people on every night.

Rage Over.

Oh, and as a side note, if you havent noticed, maps like Helms Deep and Mako and Predator require a hell of a lot more team work then running through an entire map, trying to save yourself. I dont really see your ponin there.

Woah dude, calm down lol. No need to start throwing out insults.

I think the old maps still require teamwork. Back in 08- there was not as much douchebaggery, were people wouldn't hold vehicles. You can't say they didn't require teamwork. Perfect example - original Rooftop runaway. No way in hell could you survive without teamwork. You need to watch your flank the entire map. One main blockade were a few bullets can make the difference between life and death, and a LOT of fast paced action. Licciana (idk if i spelled that correctly) escape is also a good example of an old map were teamwork is required. 4way caves too.

And i always see people nominating the older maps. And there aren't a lot of good old maps on the map list. We need more city graveyard, moonlight, roy the ship, roy facility, and others i can't think of at the moment. It is ignorant to claim that in old school escape people wouldn't hold gates, vehicles, etc. Modern escape is were this mostly happens.

BlackEagle
11 May 2011, 06:10pm

Rage Over.

I feel like Mako and Predator are more about killing off bosses rather than zombies. Don't get me wrong you still fight off zombies but for short periods of time but the maps are centrally focused around killing off bosses. Not that it is a problem and that it doesn't require teamwork but they are just different styles of play. I am one who likes the older maps, I enjoyed playing island escape last night and boat escape (even though I don't like the boat escape version on the server). There aren't too many maps I dislike but I do enjoy seeing the older maps being played just because it does bring back good memories of when I first started here. Maps like jurassic park and iamlegend used to be played constantly along with boatescape. But it has changed now.

(von dutch) delta force 8
12 May 2011, 12:02pm
Life goes on, and generations of gamers evolve. I call stupidy to any and all who think a game mod like this stays the same over time. If you look back into your memory, how many game styles came and went? I personally am all for the old zombie escape but I guess it's simply become a matter of letting go.

BlackEagle
12 May 2011, 03:04pm
Life goes on, and generations of gamers evolve. I call stupidy to any and all who think a game mod like this stays the same over time. If you look back into your memory, how many game styles came and went? I personally am all for the old zombie escape but I guess it's simply become a matter of letting go.

I agree with this. Times change and so do people. I don't really like when people bash other time generations just because they are apart of a new one. Things were different "back then." What may seem stupid now was actually cool back then. It is like any other gaming console, it is fun to go back and play the old stuff because those were the cool things at the time just like the new maps that are out today, those are the cool things. Kind of hard to explain my train of thought but essentially I agree with what you have mentioned.

Octa
12 May 2011, 03:57pm
I agree with this. Times change and so do people. I don't really like when people bash other time generations just because they are apart of a new one. Things were different "back then." What may seem stupid now was actually cool back then. It is like any other gaming console, it is fun to go back and play the old stuff because those were the cool things at the time just like the new maps that are out today, those are the cool things. Kind of hard to explain my train of thought but essentially I agree with what you have mentioned.

I wasn't, per say, bashing on the old generations. I was bashing on the people who are bashing on the new generation. I mean, the old maps are still on the server, and they are played, its just now its more of a mixture between the new and the old, with the new being more promonent. They are really just raging because things are changing, and they can't get over it. I mean, hell, at least ZE isn't like nazi zombies.

And yes, they do fixate on boss fights, but you can't say that "You hold off the zombies for a short period of time". Predator is a 10 minute long map, and on Ultimate, you hold off the zombies the entire time, including the boss fight. And on mako, you have maybe a 30 second boss fight, the rest is holding off the zombies. Prove me wrong?

I am literally having to defend the new maps because all the people who enjoyed playing the old maps, half of which i was here before, just sit around and complain. I played the old maps too, and I still like the new maps. It's a shocker, right?

I'm just tired of people trying to change this stuff. Things change.

Octa
12 May 2011, 04:06pm
Woah dude, calm down lol. No need to start throwing out insults.

I think the old maps still require teamwork. Back in 08- there was not as much douchebaggery, were people wouldn't hold vehicles. You can't say they didn't require teamwork. Perfect example - original Rooftop runaway. No way in hell could you survive without teamwork. You need to watch your flank the entire map. One main blockade were a few bullets can make the difference between life and death, and a LOT of fast paced action. Licciana (idk if i spelled that correctly) escape is also a good example of an old map were teamwork is required. 4way caves too.

And i always see people nominating the older maps. And there aren't a lot of good old maps on the map list. We need more city graveyard, moonlight, roy the ship, roy facility, and others i can't think of at the moment. It is ignorant to claim that in old school escape people wouldn't hold gates, vehicles, etc. Modern escape is were this mostly happens.

Whoops, didnt see this.

I was here back in 08. I started to play here back when it was still ZM. And All of the examples you listed, i actually can't really think of how they apply. All good maps, but really, Teamwork was more of a napalm theme than a ZE theme. The point of ZE is to run. So thats what you do. You run. Sometimes you turn and shoot, or hold them off at a choke point. But actually teamwork farther than that? And, as many people point out, on maps like Jurrasic park, a lot of people (Afamad cough) would intentionally kill their teammates with the bus and think it was funny. Teamwork? No.

The teamwork that you speak of is more of an "Oh hey, theres a zombie about to kill that guy. Might as well help him." or "Oh hey, that zombie is about to kill us all, maybe i should shoot it." ZE never used to be about team work, it was about getting to the end of the map as fast as you could, screw your teammates, and hold off until the resque vehicle arrives. Now, at least, it makes you unite to think of strategies to beat the new boss or to time useing your materia right as to not fuck over your team.

Idk, we could keep argueing like this forever, but that's all I have to say.

high rws
12 May 2011, 09:04pm
Whoops, didnt see this.

I was here back in 08. I started to play here back when it was still ZM. And All of the examples you listed, i actually can't really think of how they apply. All good maps, but really, Teamwork was more of a napalm theme than a ZE theme. The point of ZE is to run. So thats what you do. You run. Sometimes you turn and shoot, or hold them off at a choke point. But actually teamwork farther than that? And, as many people point out, on maps like Jurrasic park, a lot of people (Afamad cough) would intentionally kill their teammates with the bus and think it was funny. Teamwork? No.

The teamwork that you speak of is more of an "Oh hey, theres a zombie about to kill that guy. Might as well help him." or "Oh hey, that zombie is about to kill us all, maybe i should shoot it." ZE never used to be about team work, it was about getting to the end of the map as fast as you could, screw your teammates, and hold off until the resque vehicle arrives. Now, at least, it makes you unite to think of strategies to beat the new boss or to time useing your materia right as to not fuck over your team.

Idk, we could keep argueing like this forever, but that's all I have to say.

Lol first of all i don't see this as an argument, just an intelligent discussion.

I agree, people would do that. But not nearly as much as today. How do you not see teamwork in the maps i listed? If you want more examples, Blackmesa, Moonlight (zm), and Highschool (zm). They all definitely require teamwork. Jurassic..Not so much. Also Spacestation x/z is a good example, because you need a seperate squad to shoot out the generator or else the humans can't escape.

Octa
12 May 2011, 09:38pm
Like i said, its not the lack of team work, its the... Well, its hard to explain. On those maps, you dont HAVE to work as a team. Most people just say fuck it ans run to the end of the map. Yes, some maps do require teamwork, im not saying none of them do, although it may have seemed like it. My original point was that newer maps require just as much, if not more teamwork. Im not trying to say that one is better than the other, they are all good maps, i just think people wanted a change, and with maps like mako and pred, they found that change. I mean, there is a mixture of new and old maps on the server, and the old ones do get played, admittedly less than the new ones, but what does it matter? If you really love ZE as I do, you will accept the fact that most people wanted a change, and they got it. And you may argue that no one likes the new map, but obviously they do, or they wouldnt be played so much. They are over played. But they are still good.

BlackEagle
13 May 2011, 12:27pm
I wasn't, per say, bashing on the old generations. I was bashing on the people who are bashing on the new generation. I mean, the old maps are still on the server, and they are played, its just now its more of a mixture between the new and the old, with the new being more promonent. They are really just raging because things are changing, and they can't get over it. I mean, hell, at least ZE isn't like nazi zombies.

And yes, they do fixate on boss fights, but you can't say that "You hold off the zombies for a short period of time". Predator is a 10 minute long map, and on Ultimate, you hold off the zombies the entire time, including the boss fight. And on mako, you have maybe a 30 second boss fight, the rest is holding off the zombies. Prove me wrong?

I am literally having to defend the new maps because all the people who enjoyed playing the old maps, half of which i was here before, just sit around and complain. I played the old maps too, and I still like the new maps. It's a shocker, right?

I'm just tired of people trying to change this stuff. Things change.

I wasn't directing my post at you in general or really at all. It is just something I have seen. Back to the predator topic though I really don't feel like you fight off zombies that much. I was playing it last night on the last level and you rarely fight zombies off. You run to the elevator and shoot a zombie for 5 seconds, then you run until you fall into that hole that brings you by another elevator in which you don't even really shoot a zombie, then you go wait for that transporter thing that lifts you up in the air and you don't fight off any more zombies there either. Finally is the first part where you see zombie action is when people don't know to crouch while they go through the hole and get caught by zombies. You finally hold off zombies for about 10 seconds in that room then you take a transporter to the boss. Now this is where basically one or two people out of the say 25 people alive have to hold of zombies while the rest shoot the boss.

Now I am not bashing predator because I do enjoy the map, I really do like to play it. My main point is maps like these are more focused around fighting off bosses rather than zombies. I mean watch the time that SG beat the map: YouTube - SG beats ZE Predator Ultimate v2 (Yet again) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo-FK3NUzm0&feature=player_embedded#at=201) you can see basically the zombie just running along until that one part I mentioned where they actually make contact. You do see a couple people shooting off the zombie at a ladder but they don't HAVE to.

Now again, I wasn't directing my post just at you or anyone in general, I was just stating my opinion. I don't prefer new maps or old maps even though I began here with some of the "older maps." My main point is that they are different styles of play. It's not a bad thing and I wouldn't say it's a good thing. Things are just different.

Octa
13 May 2011, 09:21pm
I agree that they are different. But you DO have to fight off zombies at both elevators and at the end in a regualr round. Fullmetal is just a fail zombie, lol.

high rws
14 May 2011, 06:51pm
I agree that they are different. But you DO have to fight off zombies at both elevators and at the end in a regualr round. Fullmetal is just a fail zombie, lol.

But then again as spiffy said in one of the earlier posts; you have to admit that most new zombie escape maps have the zombies teleported back when you reach a certain point. perfect example is the biohazard one

Octa
14 May 2011, 09:40pm
Im not defending Biohazard. I personally dont like either version of that map, lol. And predator doesnt tele zombies at all.

BlackEagle
15 May 2011, 09:28am
But then again as spiffy said in one of the earlier posts; you have to admit that most new zombie escape maps have the zombies teleported back when you reach a certain point. perfect example is the biohazard one

I don't mind like one of these per map but like you mentioned in biohazard they have it after every hold off point. Then the teleporters that put the zombies somewhere else. I hate those too.

high rws
15 May 2011, 05:48pm
I don't mind like one of these per map but like you mentioned in biohazard they have it after every hold off point. Then the teleporters that put the zombies somewhere else. I hate those too.

Yeah lol, they make it too easy for the humans

BlackEagle
15 May 2011, 09:13pm
Yeah lol, they make it too easy for the humans

The only reason I can see them having them in biohazard is because in some of the rooms you only have 1 way out and if they didn't teleport them then the humans would be screwed haha.

high rws
16 May 2011, 07:11pm
The only reason I can see them having them in biohazard is because in some of the rooms you only have 1 way out and if they didn't teleport them then the humans would be screwed haha.

Lol i guess, but it happens to often. it also happens in that other map with the train also based on resident evil (forgot the name)

high rws
23 May 2011, 02:55pm
bamp

Spartan
31 May 2011, 08:02am
Bring back ze_mumbo_jumbo

Best ZE map ever.

Lucid
31 May 2011, 05:27pm

Best ZE map ever.

Was just looking through old escape maps, saw this map, thought about all the good times on that map.

high rws
5 Jun 2011, 08:33pm

Best ZE map ever.

if your talking about that one map where there's like a huge tower with boxes at the bottom, then hell yeah

Kaemon
7 Jun 2011, 08:14am
Now I am not bashing predator because I do enjoy the map, I really do like to play it. My main point is maps like these are more focused around fighting off bosses rather than zombies. I mean watch the time that SG beat the map: YouTube - SG beats ZE Predator Ultimate v2 (Yet again) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo-FK3NUzm0&feature=player_embedded#at=201) you can see basically the zombie just running along until that one part I mentioned where they actually make contact. You do see a couple people shooting off the zombie at a ladder but they don't HAVE to.Steam Gamers settings for Predator are retarded.
Watch the same video you linked, the first 45 seconds...

Only 1 Zombie Spawns, gets teleported back, then gets grenaded 15 times by the same guy, to the point he can't move nor even know where he is.
If you are going to teleport zombies back to spawn, you need multiple zombies spawning.
Also, Predator supports zombie spawning in the middle of the crowd if you prefer it; there are two paths at the beggining, and that should quarantee plenty of Zombie Action; like the older maps.

Don't blame the map for not having zombies. Imagine Boatescape, Backmesa, Jurasick Park or any Old School Map with only 1 zombie spawning and getting teleported back... Seriously... ¬¬

EDIT: I'm sick of seeing wrong settings and people blaming it on the map. Not only here, but in many servers.
Not to talk about those servers were zombies are ridicously easy to kill, to the point they can't risk trying to go into a position that it's being hold.

Octa
7 Jun 2011, 11:17am
Steam Gamers settings for Predator are retarded.
Watch the same video you linked, the first 45 seconds...

Only 1 Zombie Spawns, gets teleported back, then gets grenaded 15 times by the same guy, to the point he can't move nor even know where he is.
If you are going to teleport zombies back to spawn, you need multiple zombies spawning.
Also, Predator supports zombie spawning in the middle of the crowd if you prefer it; there are two paths at the beggining, and that should quarantee plenty of Zombie Action; like the older maps.

Don't blame the map for not having zombies. Imagine Boatescape, Backmesa, Jurasick Park or any Old School Map with only 1 zombie spawning and getting teleported back... Seriously... ¬¬

EDIT: I'm sick of seeing wrong settings and people blaming it on the map. Not only here, but in many servers.
Not to talk about those servers were zombies are ridicously easy to kill, to the point they can't risk trying to go into a position that it's being hold.

These settings were put into place back when the map first came out, and we put it there because we only made it out of the spawning area once out of the ten rounds we played it. I was there, and it made sense. But I do agree that multiple zombies should spawn, but I do not agree that these settings makes it too hard for the zombies. 75% of the time, the zombies end up wining on ultimate and hard.

high rws
7 Jun 2011, 12:37pm
These settings were put into place back when the map first came out, and we put it there because we only made it out of the spawning area once out of the ten rounds we played it. I was there, and it made sense. But I do agree that multiple zombies should spawn, but I do not agree that these settings makes it too hard for the zombies. 75% of the time, the zombies end up wining on ultimate and hard.

i think i saw you on FOE forums

BlackEagle
7 Jun 2011, 05:34pm

I think that is because the humans die on the boss.

Octa
9 Jun 2011, 02:35pm

And? Your point not seen. The boss is still part of the map

HZK
10 Jun 2011, 09:50am

They usually die because the zombies break through in the fight, the boss rarely wipes out the team.

Saxe
10 Jun 2011, 12:46pm
Good 2 cents

BlackEagle
10 Jun 2011, 12:58pm
And? Your point not seen. The boss is still part of the map

Meaning that the zombies don't win, the humans lose.

It takes 2 people to fight off all of the zombies when fighting the boss. It can even take one really.

high rws
14 Jun 2011, 03:11am
Good 2 cents

thank you
i expected this to be blown off, but i made a discussion out of it, surprised really because all the points made are intelligent and not random flame =D

high rws
30 Jun 2011, 03:23pm
BaMp