PDA

View Full Version : Your first Anime

Tamahome
5 Mar 2011, 10:11am
The Anime that got me hooked was Tenchi Muyo back when it first started comin on Toonami(I think I was like 5). I remember back then everybody else was on the Dragonball Z bandwagon. I only watched that show because Tenchi came on right after it xD I really enjoyed the drama in that show. It was like an anime soap opera with action. Naturally I wanted to see if there were more shows like it ;D

So what Anime got you into Anime? :o

Bullet Wound
5 Mar 2011, 11:24am
I was handed like 3 binders full of the entire Naruto series (not second part) and told I should watch it up until X episode when it became mass fillers. I did so, enjoyed it, then went on to other animes.

Before watching it I thought the idea behind anime and all animes in existence were retarded, just thought I'd throw that out there too, obviously now my opinion is changed.

Taioko
5 Mar 2011, 11:51am
My first anime was also Tenchi Muyo. LOVED it! :D

sebak
5 Mar 2011, 12:30pm
i watched a few episodes of pokemon,digimon and dragon ball when i was young. but first seriers i watched compelty i cant remeber :(

and it was my friend that got me into anime. he has these damn videos on youtube `"Becoming Sasuke Part1" i think he is on part 8 now.

Tamahome
5 Mar 2011, 02:46pm
Before watching it I thought the idea behind anime and all animes in existence were retarded, just thought I'd throw that out there too, obviously now my opinion is changed.

lol before I watched Tenchi, I never even heard the word Anime. I didn't even know what to call it. I just knew it couldn't be just classified as "cartoon" xD

Bullet Wound
5 Mar 2011, 02:53pm
lol before I watched Tenchi, I never even heard the word Anime. I didn't even know what to call it. I just knew it couldn't be just classified as "cartoon" xD

Canada has no anime on TV (Apart from pokemon and such), so I was introduced to anime through gaming, naturally since everyone was hostile towards it I just assumed it was bad and shared that opinion.

Drox
5 Mar 2011, 05:27pm
Dragonball Z I guess, I was all into the toonami shit back in the day.

Trashed
5 Mar 2011, 05:52pm
I never had anime. Thank god for that.

Ms. Blargh
5 Mar 2011, 05:57pm
Sailor moon was my first. I also watched Card Captor Sakura, Tenchi Muyo, DBZ, Yu yu Hakushow, Outlaw star around that same time.

Metal
5 Mar 2011, 06:07pm
Sailor moon, Card Captor Sakura, Dragon Ball / Z, The Vision of Escaflowne, Gundam Wing

Neji
5 Mar 2011, 06:14pm
Dragon ball series

Tamahome
5 Mar 2011, 06:26pm
Sailor moon, Card Captor Sakura, Dragon Ball / Z, The Vision of Escaflowne, Gundam Wing

I only got around to watching 3 episodes to Escaflowne. I guess I'd might as well keep watchin now since I'm outta good anime to watch D;

Kuro
6 Mar 2011, 12:00am
i can't recall my first because i remember watching cartoons that i didnt even know were anime at the time. anime was so hard to find and they never played the entire series. they would always rerun the same damn episodes. I've never seen any of the tenchi animes all the way through. i'd like a up to date remake on that.

tl;dr

Ronin Warriors, Voltron, Sailor Moon,

Does Transformers count? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers_%28TV_series%29

Or Mega Man http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_%28TV_series%29

Chainedlord
6 Mar 2011, 12:00am
DBZ -> Naruto

Hellspawn
6 Mar 2011, 12:15am
astro boy

Chaos
6 Mar 2011, 12:45am
Outlaw Star was the first I ever remember seeing, Tenchi Muyo (and then tokyo and universe fuck yeah) and Gundam.. Wing? 8th ms team still my favorite. Also, Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo:2040 and FLCL. (of course DBZ)

Time frames kind of mix together, but yeah. You get the idea.

MattShadows
6 Mar 2011, 01:10am
Naruto.

SSJ Goku
6 Mar 2011, 01:47am
Mine was dragon ball or was it dbz? i cant really remember

Metal
6 Mar 2011, 06:04am
DBZ -> Naruto

They both are the same thing..
Just more story in DB

BloodyBunneh
6 Mar 2011, 08:16am
Vampire Knight

A. Wesker
6 Mar 2011, 09:08am
is fist of the north star anime?how about galaxy rangers?those would be my earliest recollection.

Tamahome
6 Mar 2011, 09:53am
is fist of the north star anime?how about galaxy rangers?those would be my earliest recollection.

yeah fist of the north star is anime. i never saw galaxy rangers xD

Zaraki
6 Mar 2011, 10:49am
VERY FIRST: Pokémon, Dragonball Z, Digimon. The commercial bullshit lol xD
Dragonball Z never went further than Cell so i never saw Boo.. So i watched it again :D

<3

Sniper
6 Mar 2011, 11:15pm
My first that I remember was Ronin Warriors but the anime series which I watched all the way through was Code Geass

Dimitry
7 Mar 2011, 01:55am
I think the first anime i seen, was Elfen Lied/Gunslinger Girl.

BloodyBunneh
7 Mar 2011, 03:13pm
I think the first anime i seen, was Elfen Lied/Gunslinger Girl.

Best anime out there :O

Ms. Blargh
7 Mar 2011, 03:36pm
My first that I remember was Ronin Warriors but the anime series which I watched all the way through was Code Geass
omg I totally forgot about Ronin Warriors.

Widow
7 Mar 2011, 04:40pm
Deathnote -> Code Geass

(not inc any english shit i stumbled across like pokemon)

Zaraki
7 Mar 2011, 05:19pm
Deathnote -> Code Geass

(not inc any english shit i stumbled across like pokemon)

Pokémon shit?
GTFO BEFORE I'LL TEAR YOUR EYES TO PIECES WITH MY NEWLY CAUGHT VICTINY!

(I'm playing Pokémon White the moment i posted this)

Metal
7 Mar 2011, 05:47pm
Pokémon shit?

Pokemon was only good until johto

darth jacen
7 Mar 2011, 05:51pm
Full Metal or Inuyasha probs

KScorp
7 Mar 2011, 05:59pm
I watched Pokemon and Digimon when I was 8-10 or so. Had no idea what anime, didn't really care either since the episodes rarely aired in order and most were reruns. Just more cartoons to me.

My friend got me into Naruto, which I watched on Toonami when it was still around, so I consider it my actual first anime. The fact that there was actually a story and continuity between every episode is what drew me in.

Empire Strikes Black
7 Mar 2011, 11:01pm
Dr. Slump

Zaraki
8 Mar 2011, 07:34am

It's getting better again ^^

Amt
10 Mar 2011, 08:00am
My first animes would probably be Pokemon,Digimon and Dragonball Z although I'm pretty certain I watched more than those animes as a kid I just don't remember their names

Kuro
11 Mar 2011, 02:21am
omg I totally forgot about Ronin Warriors.

WOW....i mentioned them first! -_- i feel so ignored on SG why do i even post?

Pokémon shit?

I'm playing black. i havent even gotten that far yet! tho i havent had a good chance to play it much. I'm finding it hard to level up at the begining.

No! pokemon was only good untill orange islands. actually pokemon was never really good in general. the best episode is of misty by herself at the gym with garados. Misty is mai waifu btw.

It's getting better again ^^
you mean not every episode ends in jessie and james getting blown up? or even better there is no more jessie and james?

Tamahome
12 Mar 2011, 09:04am
or even better there is no more jessie and james

even better there is no more jessie and james

there is no more jessie and james

no more jessie and james

wut :cry:

Josh1
12 Mar 2011, 09:48pm
is scooby doo an anime o.O?

Bullet Wound
13 Mar 2011, 07:06pm

No thats a cartoon, same as family guy/simpsons/futurama and most children shows in North America.

Taioko
13 Mar 2011, 08:56pm

That hurt my heart a little. :P

Zealot
14 Mar 2011, 02:11pm
Sailor moon. Card Captor Sakura, DBZ,

Gundam Wing

And Pokemon/Digimon I guess.

bamfers
18 Mar 2011, 09:56pm
DragonballZ muthafucka

Konata
19 Mar 2011, 02:38pm
Cowboy Bebop

Ultramarine
7 Apr 2011, 12:19pm
Probably either Gundam Wing or Cowboy bebop.

lolzomgz
16 Apr 2011, 02:27pm
Card captor sakura, I THINK thats been cancled, I never watched it intently, it's just the first one I remembered tho and I liked it. Also there was this other one, something about a tourniment with pokemonish demoic THINGS and something about a child who had a big and really strong red one running away. Also as i remmeber it rips the main chars soul out at one point, can't remember what it was called but i remmeber it being goodish, props if anyone can throw me it's name. Also Pokemon/Digimon ofc. :P

Dark_angel
27 Apr 2011, 05:52am
I'd say yu-gi-oh GX... I had the cards and everything XD..

I think it started my interest ♥

ZezXion
28 Apr 2011, 11:35pm
Code Geass. Got me hitched and I haven't stopped watching anime since.

Acessed
5 May 2011, 07:25am
Sailor Moon or My little pony :3

Josh1
5 May 2011, 11:13am
my little pony ftw.

Drox
12 May 2011, 06:13pm
My little pony was a anime? I thought that was made in the west. lol

Hazardous
12 May 2011, 07:04pm

<<<<SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT>>>>
microsoft office 2010 instant computer (http://microsoftoffice2010ilike.centerblog.net/1-microsoft-office-2010-instant-computer)
office 2010 (http://blog.palungjit.com/microsoftoffice2010/2011/05/04/office-2010/)
Office 2010 Technical (http://bloguay.com/microsoftoffice2010/2011/05/03/office-2010/)
<<<<SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT>>>>

the fuck is this?

Phobos
13 May 2011, 10:34am
List of programs broadcast by Toonami - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_Toonami#Final_Toonam i_Moltar.2FFirst_Toonami_TOM1_lineup)

I think that's when I first saw anime. I've got a growing collection of anime, that started with Yu Yu Hakusho.

(von dutch) delta force 8
13 May 2011, 12:09pm
Pokémon.

Haters

Gon'

Hate.

Deathraver
15 Jun 2011, 01:42am
Dragonball has to be the first for me, or either Pokemon or Digimon.
And why doesnt Team Rocket dies in Pokemon? O_o

MissHavik
31 Jul 2013, 03:01pm
My first anime was Bleach :o Saw it on TV late at night. It changed my opinion on anime :o

raine
1 Aug 2013, 03:52pm
either Ashita no Joe or Future Boy Conan, cant even remember anymore lol.

Elleon
3 Aug 2013, 08:49pm
I can't remember either raine.

The most memorable was definitely around the time when the majority of everyone else started getting hooked and I think that was the Toonami era.

Was a huge fan of Tenchi Muyo.

I LOVE YOU RYOKO! Marry ME!

TheHuggableZombie
12 Aug 2013, 11:44pm
I just recently got hooked and I really enjoyed Toradora..

http://youtu.be/9y792wsykpE

narwhales123
2 Dec 2014, 06:29pm
sword art online (im an anime newb)

Elemental
3 Dec 2014, 09:49am
I'm not gonna count DBZ and Pokemon since I just considered them as cartoons xD

My first anime was Death Note I think, badass shit

Motox
3 Dec 2014, 07:43pm
I'm not gonna count DBZ and Pokemon since I just considered them as cartoons xD

My first anime was Death Note I think, badass shit

Still anime, props to my childhood.

-rep elem

DBZ first btw

BlackWhite
5 Dec 2014, 03:36pm
Doraemon, I doubt anyone knows who that is.

Kippe
5 Dec 2014, 04:27pm
cowboy bebop back in 2004/5