PDA

View Full Version : Kurama's Boot/Restart Issues

Kurama
3 Mar 2011, 02:16pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Boot/Restart Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Symantic Endpoint 2011/ Malware Antimaleware Bytes Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me and my Father What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
- Please state your problem here
ok i recently reformatted my computer and reinstalled everything. im running windows XP and have malware antimaleware bytes and the new Symantic endpoint. everything ran smoothly when it was at my dads (left on all weekend and fine). but i bring it back to my moms and well it restarts and blue screens all the time. it'll start up for a few minutes then restart then blue screen. its pissing me off and i need help. anyone have any helpful tips?

Sniper
3 Mar 2011, 05:40pm
Check to make sure your memory is inserted correctly in the slots. They might have come loose during transport.

Crazy Swede
3 Mar 2011, 06:24pm
Allso, check if there's any Error number in the bluescreen. That will give you a hint of what's causing the bluescreen.

Shadowex3
3 Mar 2011, 09:40pm
Smell it, see if you can smell any magic smoke leaks.

Kurama
4 Mar 2011, 04:26am
asked my dad and what he said is to disconnect everything and insert it one at a time to see whats causing it because it worked great at his house

HZK
4 Mar 2011, 09:05am
asked my dad and what he said is to disconnect everything and insert it one at a time to see whats causing it because it worked great at his house
This, or find the code the blue screen gives you and type it here.

Spiffy
4 Mar 2011, 10:16am
Click Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System logs

There should be some errors. Open them up and look for something similar to this: 0x0000007B (0xEB82784C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Kurama
4 Mar 2011, 12:55pm
Click Start -> Control Panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> System logs

There should be some errors. Open them up and look for something similar to this: 0x0000007B (0xEB82784C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

except my computer wants to be a bitch and not rly start up but ill try

Spiffy
4 Mar 2011, 01:55pm
Right before the loading screen when it's booting up, start spamming F8 and go into safe mode.

Shadowex3
4 Mar 2011, 07:24pm
tap it repeatedly, don't hold it.

Kurama
10 Mar 2011, 04:51pm
i think the BIG reason it is rly doing this is because it never did this until i got an HD tv and started using it as my comp moniter. any way to tell my comp that it is there and fine?