PDA

View Full Version : Ads...?

wixmix92
25 Feb 2011, 05:39pm
I am new to this whole Steam Gamer community, but I have noticed there is not a way for this site to generate some form of currency. The forum population is somewhat large and I know that my roommate gets on the forum page religiously. Also I there is like a good 4-5 inches on the margins to put ads, thus generating money to use on the server. This monetary gain could be used pay for the web site, and the numerous servers on ventrio and game servers that you currently rent instead of having to pay out of pocket or through donations?

Any comments about this idea would be appropriated and please be MATURE about what you post

Thanks
wixmix92

Hazardous
25 Feb 2011, 05:40pm
NO

Dracula
25 Feb 2011, 05:41pm
I am new to this whole Steam Gamer community, but I have noticed there is not a way for this site to generate some form of currency. The forum population is somewhat large and I know that my roommate gets on the forum page religiously. Also I there is like a good 4-5 inches on the margins to put ads, thus generating money to use on the server. This monetary gain could be used pay for the web site, and the numerous servers on ventrio and game servers that you currently rent instead of having to pay out of pocket or through donations?

Any comments about this idea would be appropriated and please be MATURE about what you post

Thanks
wixmix92

Ye boy Wiggy.

Zaraki
25 Feb 2011, 05:42pm
I would prefer not, but if it would. I don't mind, as long it's not all over the pages.
Ty

Nishok
25 Feb 2011, 05:46pm
Ads that disappear when you login.

Clean for our members, but still earning from the people that don't keep themselves logged in 24/7.

Banana Joe
25 Feb 2011, 05:47pm
Aslong as it doesn't turn into youtube/facebook, it's fine IMO.

wixmix92
25 Feb 2011, 05:52pm
The facebook approach to ads is not a bad idea though Banana Joe. Those ads are just usually short and sweet and out of the way, but there still need to ads for the members to see so that the individuals that pay for us to put there ads up know that there products are being seen by someone at all times, not saying that the cleanliness that the forum has now is a bad thing

Hellspawn
25 Feb 2011, 05:54pm
Aslong as it doesn't turn into youtube/facebook, it's fine IMO.

how bout a commercial every time you want to read a new post

wixmix92
25 Feb 2011, 06:14pm
Hellspaws, I do not if you are being sarcastic but, and not trying to offend you, that is a terrible idea. I think that would upset a lot of members and visitors, especially if you view a lot of new topics

Lucid
25 Feb 2011, 06:15pm
I love AdBlock.

I wouldn't really mind since I'd never see them.

Hellspawn
25 Feb 2011, 06:30pm
Hellspaws, I do not if you are being sarcastic but, and not trying to offend you, that is a terrible idea. I think that would upset a lot of members and visitors, especially if you view a lot of new topics

yes that was very much sarcastic, my humor is in bad taste

Zaraki
25 Feb 2011, 07:05pm
I love AdBlock.

I wouldn't really mind since I'd never see them.

See? we already have the solution, and it's making money.
Why shouldn't we do it? :p

SilentGuns
26 Feb 2011, 08:23am
Ads make a site uncool. They quite annoy me.

Right now it is all clean and that is how I like it.

Amit
26 Feb 2011, 09:26am
Ads make a site uncool. They quite annoy me.

Right now it is all clean and that is how I like it.

Once you log in, the ads would disappear..and the sit would remain cool as it is now...

Nishok
26 Feb 2011, 09:29am
Once you log in, the ads would disappear..and the sit would remain cool as it is now...

What I said :O

wixmix92
26 Feb 2011, 12:17pm
That is a good idea, but most of this population probably uses and auto log in feature thus not ever seeing the ads.... there still should be some ads somewhere

Lemonstein
26 Feb 2011, 12:20pm
everybody just get AdBlock already

Harbor
26 Feb 2011, 03:45pm
Id be fine with like one ad on the side, NON FLASHING or moving, or on the botom aslong as its making the community better

Ámber
26 Feb 2011, 06:31pm

uhm dont wanna dislike it be rude here... But, if we got the same settings like:

"you dont have to be logged in to just search around, only for posting you have to log in"
If we get it like this, we'll be kinda forced to log in to avoid it, no problem there tho

But also, look what for ads you'll get... some ads only function.. if people press on it.. If you put it out of side, people dont notice them.. no one will press them and it only sucks up space.

Also if we got guests, and they see the ads, it has to be little enought to make them ignore it.