PDA

View Full Version : hV's Sound Issues

hV
7 Feb 2011, 06:07am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Sound Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Not sure where to get them. Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Avast Home Edition Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
SoundMAX Please state your problem here
Error arose a few days ago playing TTT with Fraps on. As you can tell from my video, I didn't previously have this problem but now when I start using fraps, my microphone mutes itself and the output is the sound that would normally play through the speakers (i.e. everyone would hear an echo).

I then found that Fraps stopped picking up my mic altogether when I tried to make DS2 videos but it picked up the audio.

So, to try and see what was going on, I tried to open the SoundMAX CP but after double clicking nothing happened... Double clicked again and again but nothing. Decided to leave it a day, turned off, came back, still... nothing.

The CP was working on the 3rd which is the last time I used it. My sound card is obviously working fine because I can hear things...

TL;DR - SoundMAX CP won't load / Fraps fucks with my microphone but didn't use to.

Thank you.

Spiffy
7 Feb 2011, 08:39am
Is it an integrated sound card? If yes, what is your motherboard model? Did you try reinstalling Fraps?

hV
7 Feb 2011, 12:52pm
Fixed the user CP problem, turns out that this camera I bought came with some friendly viruses and after doing a boot scan I can now use it. As for Fraps, I'll test it out tomorrow and update my info.

Spiffy
10 Feb 2011, 12:19pm
How did the test work?

hV
12 Feb 2011, 05:57am
Sorry about that, I've been really busy. I just done a test there and everything is good again, turns out I just had a virus then and shouldn't trust "drivers" that come with £100 cameras...

Thanks for trying to help.