PDA

View Full Version : Spiritwind's Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc)

Spiritwind
3 Feb 2011, 03:52pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Yes Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Regrun, Spybot, AVG Free Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Actiontec PK5000 Please state your problem here
Hey guys,
I've been over at my brothers and will most likely be moving over there to help them out with rent and whatnot - however I am having a major pain with their router and internet.
They have a actiontec pk5000 and for some reason it wont let me on any secure websites "https" and a few others that are now.
I have tried everything I can think of from DNS to forwarding ports.
I have also tried wiring in directly to the router and I am still having trouble.
Their computer which is also wired in is having no trouble at all, and when I go home and use my internet I have no trouble at all.
I currently have no firewalls up.
I have searched all over the internet and read many forum conversations of other people with their problem and none of the solutions worked.
If possible I would just use my router, however their internet requires a phone jack, and my router only has Ethernet.
If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Daze
3 Feb 2011, 04:00pm
If his computer is working fine it suggests that the problem lies on your computer rather than the router. https is just a secure connection to a website. What browser are you using?

I think you need SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 for it to work. These need to be ticked in the advanced settings of any browser you use.

Spiritwind
3 Feb 2011, 04:31pm
I know, I have tried all that.
It dosent explain why everything works fine if I bring my computer home and use my router.
I could look more into it, and any suggestions help.

Spiritwind
3 Feb 2011, 06:51pm
I went ahead and got my router when I went back over to my place today and hooked it up from their router to mine - Now everything is working 100%.
Totally confuses me.

Spiffy
6 Feb 2011, 02:45pm
Sorry bud. I have tried to message you on steam a few times to find out when you would be at your brothers so we can properly test.

Did you try multiple browsers? If not, what browser are you using?
Are you sure there are no running firewalls? Including windows firewall?
Did you try disabling regrun, spybot and AVG?
What is the message on the pages? Is it completely blocking you from the page or just not letting you log into the page?
Have you tried with any other computers or devices besides the ones that were previously working?
I've never really heard of this, but is it possible there is some setting in the router with an exception list that is causing this?

Spiffy
10 Feb 2011, 12:18pm
What's the word on this spirit?

Spiritwind
4 Mar 2011, 12:11pm
Yes, I tried all of those. It still does it whenever I try to use that router whether connected via wireless or ethernet.
I got my router over here and its working fine with mine hooked up so I guess the problem might as well be solved.
Thanks for the help.