PDA

View Full Version : deathrun

UltimateCookieShark
3 Feb 2011, 01:18pm
Is the best mod in css ever,idk why it died but i think it should be full now with the new maps it came and that stuff

Prez
3 Feb 2011, 01:22pm
I'd like to see it back, as long as there's a dedicated staff member who keeps it updated, and doesn't shit it up with mods. Vanilla deathrun, possibly with custom skins would work best.

Drox
3 Feb 2011, 01:42pm
I say bring it back, although it should be better maintained then the last one.

starbucks
3 Feb 2011, 01:53pm
Let MP maintain it.

Kiwi
3 Feb 2011, 01:57pm
As long as MPQC still plays I'm in.

Prez
3 Feb 2011, 02:12pm
Let MP maintain it.

He's in uni, and he only plays DR in some other servers with his GF. I'll see if I can convince him to hop on board if this is able to happen.

ScubaToaster
3 Feb 2011, 02:16pm
DR? Support.

Afamad 2.1
3 Feb 2011, 03:06pm
I remember I quit a DR server a long time ago because the admins were retards, and added a speed increase for all the supporters.

By the time I got a little over half way through the map, some supporter would already be at the end killing everybody.

I say keep vanilla.

Zaraki
3 Feb 2011, 03:56pm
I remember the hours and hours playing with MP, his girlfriend and a bunch of other people..
I was the best T evah xD
MP should host it!

/Support

Dracula
3 Feb 2011, 04:07pm
Sigh im not even gunna bother reposting my reasons, no.

Zaraki
3 Feb 2011, 04:10pm
Sigh im not even gunna bother reposting my reasons, no.

Link?
Because i would like to see what could be negative about deathrun.
Of course it will need a constant player base to keep it running, but SG has expanded so... let's give it another shot?

Dracula
3 Feb 2011, 04:12pm
Of course it will need a constant player base to keep it running, but SG has expanded so... let's give it another shot?

The same could be said about ANY server.

Metal
3 Feb 2011, 04:18pm
No, we are suppose to get BC2 and TF2 next.

MPQC
3 Feb 2011, 04:28pm
He's in uni, and he only plays DR in some other servers with his GF. I'll see if I can convince him to hop on board if this is able to happen.

Orly?

Bring back both servers that flopped miserably? Yes!

Afamad 2.1
3 Feb 2011, 04:29pm
The same could be said about ANY server.

STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE ALL THE TIME!

Dracula
3 Feb 2011, 04:32pm
STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE ALL THE TIME!

Stop being foolishly optomistic.

Afamad 2.1
3 Feb 2011, 04:35pm
Stop being foolishly optomistic.

Or we could meet in the middle, and both agree to be neutral.

Matt
3 Feb 2011, 07:22pm
I'd like to see it back, as long as there's a dedicated staff member who keeps it updated, and doesn't shit it up with mods. Vanilla deathrun, possibly with custom skins would work best.

Id like to see tf2 :toung:

P3rg3
3 Feb 2011, 07:57pm

Are you serious?

Drox
3 Feb 2011, 08:18pm

Gay and Gay

2DG
3 Feb 2011, 10:39pm
Deathrun is beast, we should have it back.

{bAy} sUP
4 Feb 2011, 02:21am
i loved deathrun but people stopped coming back cause of the gay mods and the best maps ever were taken out. The new maps are long and hard as hell.... THE SNAKE MAPS were hella good and fun and not impossible but hard at the same time.. the new maps allow you to spam button so much.. and also maps jsut get to confusing and there are too many maps. itsssss best you stick to a few maps.. so people get to know them and have fun, if you add random crap maps to rotation, the server will be fucked because ct's will die every single time because its another new map they dont understand. just like JB! smaller rotation but they have more fun with what they are familiar with

MPQC
4 Feb 2011, 06:56am
i loved deathrun but people stopped coming back cause of the gay mods and the best maps ever were taken out. The new maps are long and hard as hell.... THE SNAKE MAPS were hella good and fun and not impossible but hard at the same time.. the new maps allow you to spam button so much.. and also maps jsut get to confusing and there are too many maps. itsssss best you stick to a few maps.. so people get to know them and have fun, if you add random crap maps to rotation, the server will be fucked because ct's will die every single time because its another new map they dont understand. just like JB! smaller rotation but they have more fun with what they are familiar with

People stopped coming back because the population was mostly non-SG, and the server was taken offline for quite awhile and put up under a new IP. Population went poof.

Fierce
4 Feb 2011, 07:12am
deathrun is funny bring it back plax :D

UltimateCookieShark
4 Feb 2011, 11:58am

at least deathrun at the players slots full from a long time ,bc2 was just awful and tf2 had a good player base first but died and deathrun had a good player base for more time then that

Baykal
4 Feb 2011, 04:26pm
The SG deathrun server was the first SG server I joined, autumn 2008 or so, played on it for 6 months straight, so the thought of it coming back makes me warm in my pants.

Ámber
4 Feb 2011, 08:00pm
I vote yes since deathrun was always ALOT of fun between the players, and a community like that cares for that "I think"

Neji
5 Feb 2011, 08:33am
Fuck DR. Shit always dies. How many times did we try it already? 5? I would rather bring back RP then DR..

2DG
5 Feb 2011, 08:51am
Fuck DR. Shit always dies. How many times did we try it already? 5? I would rather bring back RP then DR..

You do realize that RP died quicker than deathrun? roflmao.

MPQC
5 Feb 2011, 08:55am

Twice?

Dracula
5 Feb 2011, 09:36am
You do realize that RP died quicker than deathrun? roflmao.

The first time that is.

Kiwi
5 Feb 2011, 09:37am

Neji has never seen the DR server before.

Huwajux
5 Feb 2011, 12:59pm
Just lol.

Metal
6 Feb 2011, 05:26am
Lol at the BC2 haters and TF2 haters.

We got both now.

Dracula
6 Feb 2011, 07:04am

We got both now.

Yawn cant wait to see how long this lasts rofl.

P3rg3
6 Feb 2011, 09:46am

We got both now.

You call it haters, I call it people with common sense that know this isn't going to work, just like last time.
And soon both will be gone again, like always.

I'll quote this is a few weeks.

Metal
6 Feb 2011, 02:22pm
If it fails it fails, nothing will change if it does or doesn't.

When BF3 comes im donated to get it.

Veggie
6 Feb 2011, 05:59pm
Yes, this was a very popular server.

Jazzyy
8 Feb 2011, 05:27pm
I'd say yeah but before anything I think we need to remember why the servers died in the original place before we even bother thinking about reviving it.

MPQC
8 Feb 2011, 06:03pm
Read the thread Jazzy, already answered. =p

Tyler
8 Feb 2011, 06:45pm
Yes, loved death run. Also as much as I love bc2 and tf2 both of them will die in a matter of two weeks if not days, at least death run was going for quite some time.

2DG
10 Feb 2011, 12:40am
Yes, loved death run. Also as much as I love bc2 and tf2 both of them will die in a matter of two weeks if not days, at least death run was going for quite some time.

Yes, and looking at the votes, alot of people are willing to play too. xD

fanatiik
10 Feb 2011, 08:14pm
deathrun is kinda dead nowadays

Crazy Swede
12 Feb 2011, 07:15pm
The reason it dies, is probably, before a community/clan gets a server, everybody thinks how awesome it is to press trigger those traps and get players killed. But when the server comes up, everybody probably joins, some lucky bastard acts fast enough to get the button-pressing spot and will probably hold on to that for a very long time.

In the end, frustrated players who never got to trigger those traps just gives up and instead joins some other server. And there we have it, dead server all over again.

What Deathrun needs, is some automatic random selection of who gets to trigger the traps. The chosen player gets 1 or 2 rounds. Then after that, a new player will be chosen.

Vivian556
12 Feb 2011, 07:16pm
Servers sometimes die and sometimes they work out.. Blah blah blah.. Oh look more Yes votes than No!

Guess we gotta get the server.

/thread.

Crazy Swede
12 Feb 2011, 07:51pm
Servers sometimes die and sometimes they work out.. Blah blah blah..

/thread.

...and sometimes you evaluate why something fails. Just like SG took a very close look at the ZE-server, why it was losing players, then they remade it and voila' Sucess:hail:

If we go by the same procedure as last time with a deathrun server it will probably just die eventually, yes. But deal with the problems, look closer at WHY the players do not want to play anymore and you will see, interesting things will happen. It's not allways "meh, not fun anymore".

Dracula
12 Feb 2011, 07:52pm
Servers sometimes die and sometimes they work out.. Blah blah blah.. Oh look more Yes votes than No!

Guess we gotta get the server.

/thread.

Your logic, so awsome.:001_rolleyes:

HZK
13 Feb 2011, 05:30am
actually the most popular deathrun servers have funny skins like fruit or cartoons.
Try that?

Matt
13 Feb 2011, 12:37pm
actually the most popular deathrun servers have funny skins like fruit or cartoons.
Try that?

Servers arnt just about skins

Sexy Fish
13 Feb 2011, 08:09pm

If they were I'd have pedobear skins for zombies and children skins for humans in the ZE server..

HZK
14 Feb 2011, 09:27am

I mean creativity and uniqueness, not skins.

Sembrik
15 Feb 2011, 09:50am
A deathrun server could be fun :) !

Jake
15 Feb 2011, 02:39pm
I love Deathrun :D it would be nice to see a server up and running :D

{bAy} sUP
19 Feb 2011, 02:11pm
i just realized deathrun might fight for player with funtastic

Jazz
19 Feb 2011, 03:41pm
Dunno aboout tf2, but I'm sure BC2 will die out.

Support.

HZK
19 Feb 2011, 03:52pm
Dunno aboout tf2, but I'm sure BC2 will die out.

Support.

It won't die with good management and activity.

Fierce
19 Feb 2011, 03:53pm
A deathrun server could be fun :) !

indeed

A. Wesker
20 Feb 2011, 08:19am
dr_southpark.love it.

Smiley :]
20 Feb 2011, 10:05am
DR is awesome, get it back up.

HZK
20 Feb 2011, 10:13am
deathrun is a good social server aswell :thumb:

UltimateCookieShark
27 Feb 2011, 06:35am
soo is this gonna be made?

Metal
27 Feb 2011, 06:42am
soo is this gonna be made?

As they said, we are going to go to other games.

And as far as i can see, BC2 is next.
15+ people who play almost daily.

MPQC
27 Feb 2011, 07:11am
As they said, we are going to go to other games.

And as far as i can see, BC2 is next.
15+ people who play almost daily.

Somewhere in the announcements one of them said it will be BC2 then deathrun.

Harbor
27 Feb 2011, 07:17am
Is the best mod in css ever,idk why it died but i think it should be full now with the new maps it came and that stuff

Idk if this has been answered, but it died because it crashed as was offline for like 3 days, and no AO's did anything.... and than they fixed it and all the population was gone, and as it slowly started to build back up, we killed it.

MPQC
27 Feb 2011, 07:40am
Idk if this has been answered, but it died because it crashed as was offline for like 3 days, and no AO's did anything.... and than they fixed it and all the population was gone, and as it slowly started to build back up, we killed it.

It was more then 3 days lol.

Zaraki
27 Feb 2011, 01:29pm
It was more then 3 days lol.

I remember i spent most of my apprenticeship with you in the deathrun server.

Good times... XD

yardy
28 Feb 2011, 12:40am
Lets go for it

Sander Cohen
28 Feb 2011, 11:34am
Our last Deathrun server was fun, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I remember it being populated most of the time.

sebak
17 Mar 2011, 03:07pm
can we have 1-2 deathrun maps in the mg server plz

HZK
17 Mar 2011, 03:24pm
revived.....

please check date.

Baykal
18 Mar 2011, 04:30am
revived.....

please check date.

Still relevant though