PDA

View Full Version : Java's Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc)

Sander Cohen
2 Feb 2011, 09:29pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows Vista If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Norton Antivirus Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
HP What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 1000 Please state your problem here
It is being unresponsive at times, mostly while I am playing an FPS. For example, sometimes I cannot walk by pressing the W button and sometimes it stops walking for no reason.

Spiffy
2 Feb 2011, 09:35pm
Well, generally wireless peripherals aren't used by gamers because they do have intermittent problems. That being said, do you have anything wireless around the keyboard or receiver that could cause interference (such as a cell phone, other wireless peripherals, etc.)?

Sander Cohen
3 Feb 2011, 03:11pm
My Mouse, which came with the keyboard, is also wireless. They share the same USB input.

Spiffy
3 Feb 2011, 03:22pm
Is the Microsoft software up to date?

Sander Cohen
4 Feb 2011, 01:52pm
I am installing the only driver for the keyboard I could find. I will install it then report back.

Spiffy
4 Feb 2011, 01:56pm
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=111&active_tab=systemRequirements

If that is the keyboard/mouse you have, there is a download software option down below.

Shadowex3
5 Feb 2011, 02:26am
Am i the only person whose answer here is just that the problem is that it's wireless and doing the usual wireless-stops-working-randomly thing?

Spiffy
5 Feb 2011, 09:51am
Am i the only person whose answer here is just that the problem is that it's wireless and doing the usual wireless-stops-working-randomly thing?

I mentioned that in my first post. However, that doesn't mean there aren't things you can check to see if you can make it better.

Spiffy
10 Feb 2011, 12:18pm
Did you try the software I posted? Is it still happening? If it is you are probably out of luck. =\

Sander Cohen
10 Feb 2011, 12:21pm
They Keyboard is still giving me issues. I am going to go out and buy brand new batteries and if that fails I am going to get a different keyboard.

Sir.Sm0keAl0t
10 Feb 2011, 12:22pm
Well, it might be the drivers. If nothing helps, uninstall Norton, as it's the worst AV I've ever had.

It blocked my keyboard inputs, blocked me from accessing the internet, all bad things possible.