PDA

View Full Version : Congressional Bill Suggestion

LegalSmash
18 Apr 2008, 09:58pm
Hello:

I think this would be a great thread.

What kind of legislation would you like to see passed when the new congress convenes?

I would thorougly enjoy some hard changes to re-establish mandatory down payments on house purchase, as well as large scale purchases.

Further, changes to current Alt. Min. Tax. policies, changing the minimum threshold for it to effect to a higher level, which would permit the lower middle and middle class to retain more spending power.

Finally, I would like to see legislation allowing for more favorable student loan/educational funding options and student loan payback/forgiveness for persons entering federal work.

Ok what about you guys.

phatman76
18 Apr 2008, 11:18pm
pass a bill to finally approve the yucca mountain nuclear storage site, then start building it and storing waste there. It will make investment in nuclear profitable due to a solution for waste.

Italian Jew
19 Apr 2008, 11:00am
our monies suck now...we want your monies! :001_tt2:

LegalSmash
19 Apr 2008, 11:37am
we luff ur monies.

I started a trend with my old sig...
JESSS!!!!

See, Phatman, Vicious... My post quality shot up allll over again, all it needed was some good vitamin water.

w00t. I am NOT the kevin Federline of Zombie Murder

Slavic
19 Apr 2008, 12:19pm
Friday to be officially changed to Funday.

Slavic
19 Apr 2008, 12:34pm
Yeah, but the amount the British government get for taking other countries' nuclear waste is phenominal. America, Russia, China, you name it, we take it. Along with a very hefty cheque.

Not saying I support this, but it does bring in a lot of money. We just have to put a dome around Cumbria and let the mutants kill each-other.

Could open a new market in mutant competitions. Could make a mutant Olympics.

phatman76
19 Apr 2008, 12:35pm
if we have an earth day, can we have a waste day? The day we can all throw trash in the gutter and spit on cars and be general asses? I think it will be a national catharsis....

phatman76
19 Apr 2008, 12:37pm
Yeah, but the amount the British government get for taking other countries' nuclear waste is phenominal. America, Russia, China, you name it, we take it. Along with a very hefty cheque.

Not saying I support this, but it does bring in a lot of money. We just have to put a dome around Cumbria and let the mutants kill each-other.

America doesn't sell you waste. We don't need to recycle or reprocess it, we have fields of mountains and deserts we can just throw it under forever...

Slavic
19 Apr 2008, 12:42pm
I say we pass a bill allowing to build a giant mass driver that would propel any nuclear waste onto the moon.

Italian Jew
19 Apr 2008, 02:31pm
something like this happened in Futurama...but with a rocket

needless to say, Fry and the rest of the 31st century averted disaster

PotshotPolka
19 Apr 2008, 03:10pm
I heard somewhere that in around 10 years, the space agencies are going to start trying to actually construct a space elevator. The only trouble is, until then all you can do is launch them off on missiles, and 2-3% of those would fail, or burn up in the atmosphere, having the same effect as a neutron bomb.

It's good to use things I've learned in Physics, it doesn't really seem useless information afterall.

I thought of a space elevator 3 years before those dimwits in NASA announced an open forum on it, the resources to do so are simply staggering, it would take decades and a multinational front across the globe, because its more like a giant hool-a-hoop, not a tower.

phatman76
19 Apr 2008, 08:44pm
space elevators=fail - the resources and development would break every economy in the world, better to just find a cheaper fuel for rockets...

Italian Jew
19 Apr 2008, 09:15pm
kittens

PotshotPolka
19 Apr 2008, 09:29pm
kittens

Strap kittens to rockets?

Italian Jew
19 Apr 2008, 09:32pm
no, they are the cheaper fuel :001_tt2:

VirDeBello
19 Apr 2008, 09:50pm
Ion engines, are cheap but our ships wouldn't go pretty fast though........Anti-matter is still 200 years away at the earliest.......what of nuclear fussion or fission (I git the two mixed up) And then there is solar wind and another one.......but I forgot. I have a report on these things on my other computer I'll git them tomorrow or something

Italian Jew
19 Apr 2008, 11:38pm
or you can watch the History Channel or Discovery channel FTW!!!:w00t:

Captain Colon
20 Apr 2008, 07:25am
Ion engines, are cheap but our ships wouldn't go pretty fast though........Anti-matter is still 200 years away at the earliest.......what of nuclear fussion or fission (I git the two mixed up) And then there is solar wind and another one.......but I forgot. I have a report on these things on my other computer I'll git them tomorrow or something
200 years?? :rlol: It took us less than 100 to go from the first lightbulb to the first nuclear reactor.

space elevators=fail - the resources and development would break every economy in the world, better to just find a cheaper fuel for rockets...
Not really, estimates start at around five billion USD. The main issues are political.

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2008, 07:45am
Nuclear fission is the one we are using now to get energy. It's the act of bombardment of a radioactive substance, so it causes a chain reaction and gives shedloads of energy off. Fusion is the one we're desperately trying to develop, that involves heavy hydrogens like deuterium, and it would be far more efficient, and less potentially dangerous.

P.S. I don't understand, what do you mean by a giant hoola hoop?

Most groups are still doodling the single pillar style elevator, but supporting it to keep it stable at those altitudes is simply impossible, it would take multiple pillars across the globe that are connected to keep them from collapsing. Hence the "hoolahoop".

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2008, 08:00am
I've heard that theory, but it limits the potential of the system. If your connect, say 12 towers, you can build massive solar farms along the length of the halo, and you would also eliminate the need for sattelites and could transport materials along the halo to other towers.

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2008, 09:11am
Well now we just have a stand-off. The race to see who will win has begun!
(Runs off to Home Depot)

Italian Jew
20 Apr 2008, 10:18am
think of the advertising on the thing! That could help pay for the costs.

Got yourself a giant AT&T/Microsoft/GE/Best Buy hula hoop!

VirDeBello
20 Apr 2008, 12:42pm
Yeah if we could just put more research into nuclear fusion then energy problems in the world would be settled along with how to power space shuttles. So how does nuclear fusion actually work?

And anti-matter I don't know.........we can only sustain very small amounts of it and it takes more energy to make to make then would be useful to a practical use.

Maybe if we entered WW3, we could see the technology very soon. War tends to speed up the development of technology. :001_tt2:

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2008, 01:19pm
So how does nuclear fusion actually work?
It's basically the same principle with how stars work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fusion

Widow
20 Apr 2008, 01:49pm
Legal cummon stop making me look stupid none of us have any idea wat ur on about m8. Replace Nuclear Waste with an M4. US for Terrorist and UK for CT and then were talking :)

Captain Colon
20 Apr 2008, 03:02pm
It's basically the same principle with how stars work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fusion
Not "basically the same principle" so much as "exactly the same thing" :wink:

Why would you need multiple ones? The design idea is to anchor it to a captured asteroid, or even the moon. It would be stable enough, all we need to do is develop metals strong enough to sustain the gravitational force.
I thought most of the ideas now were going with carbon nanotubes? I doubt there's any metal or alloy that would fit the requirements for a space elevator.

Yeah if we could just put more research into nuclear fusion then energy problems in the world would be settled along with how to power space shuttles. So how does nuclear fusion actually work?
IIRC the problem with fusion is that with current technology, it requires more energy to sustain a reaction than we get out of it, because of the immense heat and pressure required (hence the research into "cold fusion").

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2008, 03:30pm
.........Wasn't this thread about what the congress should do? So how did Havok get in on it?

VirDeBello
20 Apr 2008, 03:39pm
Not "basically the same principle" so much as "exactly the same thing" :wink:

I thought most of the ideas now were going with carbon nanotubes? I doubt there's any metal or alloy that would fit the requirements for a space elevator.

IIRC the problem with fusion is that with current technology, it requires more energy to sustain a reaction than we get out of it, because of the immense heat and pressure required (hence the research into "cold fusion").

Well exactly thats why I said we gotta go more research into fusion, perhaps it will work or perhaps not. Cold fusion? I heard of it but not know much about it? Whats it aboot?

Captain Colon
20 Apr 2008, 03:53pm
Well exactly thats why I said we gotta go more research into fusion, perhaps it will work or perhaps not. Cold fusion? I heard of it but not know much about it? Whats it aboot?
Fusion at or near STP...if it were possible, then fusion power would easily be a viable option, as we wouldn't need mountains of energy just to sustain the conditions to keep a fusion reaction going.

If people really want to get back on topic, I'd like to see repeals of all the gun control and anti-drug legislation that's been passed over the years.

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2008, 05:10pm
I'm anti tank-ban, I'd love to own a Sherman and drive it down the road.

Captain Colon
20 Apr 2008, 05:22pm
I'm pretty sure you can already do that as long as you put rubber treads on it.

Italian Jew
20 Apr 2008, 05:27pm
your gas bill is going to mess up your credit...

VirDeBello
20 Apr 2008, 05:33pm
Guys I have a question.........what if someone shot a bunch of neutrons though you what would happen? lol This is a super cereal question.

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2008, 06:01pm
I'm pretty sure you can already do that as long as you put rubber treads on it.

Well now I gotta go and find a Sherman...
O wait! I have one!
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4919/pic3wu8.jpg

Slavic
20 Apr 2008, 06:45pm
Guys I have a question.........what if someone shot a bunch of neutrons though you what would happen? lol This is a super cereal question.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutron_radiation

You will slowly have radioactive cancer. Which in my opinion is the best kind of cancer there is besides Whale cancer.

http://effyeah.ytmnd.com/

PotshotPolka
20 Apr 2008, 07:41pm
http://effyeah.ytmnd.com/

:rlol: