PDA

View Full Version : Bring back DarkRP?

SoulKeeper
29 Jan 2011, 09:08pm
As the title suggests, we should bring DarkRP back. We hardly gave it a chance after summer ended, when it was sometimes empty.

I think it would work out very well, there were no attempts at reviving it, or even seeing if it would bounce back.

PotshotPolka
29 Jan 2011, 09:11pm
No

ScubaToaster
29 Jan 2011, 09:14pm
Not to be a pessimist, but I think it'll fall right back into the pit where it was this summer. It needed a lot of work from Spartan and there were people whining and crying about it right and left. It was fun though when people worked together and actually stole stuff legitimately.(no prop surfing)

I enjoyed it for it's brief time here, but I believe it'd be more of a problem then something that worked...

Metal
29 Jan 2011, 09:20pm
http://i53.tinypic.com/2llyhhi.gif

jeN
29 Jan 2011, 09:35pm
No.

Supa
29 Jan 2011, 09:38pm
Dark RP sucked.

PotshotPolka
29 Jan 2011, 09:44pm
Dark RP was extremely fun, it's just the fun was always, always, had at some dumbfuck car salesman's expense.

La te ra lus
29 Jan 2011, 10:26pm
If you were to refresh a server list for Garrys mod, there are HUNDREDS of vacant darkrp servers just wasting the owners money away. A better question is "Why would you bring darkrp back if the server successful using TTT as a gamemode?". Unless your calling Trolls to ruin your life, its best to stay away from darkrp for your own saftey.

Chainedlord
29 Jan 2011, 10:47pm
YES (temporarily though) , with the new dedicated server that we are getting, I'm pretty sure well have enough space for it hopefully

SoulKeeper
30 Jan 2011, 09:54am
If you were to refresh a server list for Garrys mod, there are HUNDREDS of vacant darkrp servers just wasting the owners money away. A better question is "Why would you bring darkrp back if the server successful using TTT as a gamemode?". Unless your calling Trolls to ruin your life, its best to stay away from darkrp for your own saftey.

What? We never removed TTT for this server.

Also, we don't even need a new dedi, I don't think our Stranded server has been taken over by something else yet, since it simply says "offline" in the servers tab.

Nasu
30 Jan 2011, 09:57am
What? We never removed TTT for this server.

Also, we don't even need a new dedi, I don't think our Stranded server has been taken over by something else yet, since it simply says "offline" in the servers tab.

Stranded was on the dedi that got taken out as far as I remember

Spartan
30 Jan 2011, 10:00am
We don't have a second dedi anymore. We have 1 gmod server, which will remain ttt. I'm not gona restate my reasons for not putting darkrp back on another server, as I've aready done it elsewhere.

Dracula
30 Jan 2011, 10:56am
No

^

Chainedlord
30 Jan 2011, 11:42am
We don't have a second dedi anymore. We have 1 gmod server, which will remain ttt. I'm not gona restate my reasons for not putting darkrp back on another server, as I've aready done it elsewhere.

But..will we have enough space for it on the new dedi that is around the corner?

Neji
31 Jan 2011, 03:57pm
Fucking yes

Vivian556
31 Jan 2011, 03:59pm
*Pulls out pink fuzzy handcuffs...

Spartan... DarkRP NAO.

pweese

Spartan
31 Jan 2011, 04:05pm
But..will we have enough space for it on the new dedi that is around the corner?

The amount of time I spent on making dark rp work, constantly checking on it to fix bugs, lag issues, crashing issues, restricting props that would crash the server....... I don't have it anymore. Nobody else knows how gmod works practically and well, it sucked AND YOU ALL KNOW IT. FFFUU VIV.

Dracula
31 Jan 2011, 04:07pm
The amount of time I spent on making dark rp work, constantly checking on it to fix bugs, lag issues, crashing issues, restricting props that would crash the server....... I don't have it anymore. Nobody else knows how gmod works practically and well, it sucked AND YOU ALL KNOW IT. FFFUU VIV.

Im sure there are others, but we usually fail to take said help.

Harpr33t
31 Jan 2011, 04:36pm
LOL hell no. Admins broke the rules as much as the regular players did. That game mode on our server dwindled down to just a pure cop vs. robber/gangster rdm fest.

Chainedlord
31 Jan 2011, 04:39pm

So is that a maybe? :bigsmile:

Panzerschrek
3 Feb 2011, 03:05pm
I guess what he says is that he doesn't want to have to keep it running, but, if someone with more capability then him wants too, it'll be his problem, at least, that's what I understand about it. But in my opinion, DarkRP was not as fun as the others, there was not enouh... let say... things you could do, since lot's of things were restricted.

Bad Dog
3 Feb 2011, 05:20pm
I guess what he says is that he doesn't want to have to keep it running, but, if someone with more capability then him wants too, it'll be his problem, at least, that's what I understand about it. But in my opinion, DarkRP was not as fun as the others, there was not enouh... let say... things you could do, since lot's of things were restricted.

Behind TTT, its been the best Gmod server we've had. The Build server(s?) all died, the winter survival/stranded servers were epic fails, and as far as I can tell, we just let that minigames one die after like, a week.

Harpr33t
3 Feb 2011, 06:03pm
The only thing that will save that server is some kind of rule on DM

Bad Dog
3 Feb 2011, 06:15pm
The only thing that will save that server is some kind of rule on DM

Well people seem to forget that they WILL die in this game, so its best not to carry around all your shit at once.

If it comes back (Which, in all honesty, probably wont), we need to exclude keypads, because all that led to was impenetrable fortresses of rage. No, the game doesnt have to be only about stealing/farming money printers, but we can all agree that the only reason anyone used keypads was because people didnt want to lose their shit.

Dracula
3 Feb 2011, 06:53pm
Well people seem to forget that they WILL die in this game, so its best not to carry around all your shit at once.

If it comes back (Which, in all honesty, probably wont), we need to exclude keypads, because all that led to was impenetrable fortresses of rage. No, the game doesnt have to be only about stealing/farming money printers, but we can all agree that the only reason anyone used keypads was because people didnt want to lose their shit.

Oh my rage as a SWAT member....

PingPong
3 Feb 2011, 09:01pm
Never forget the hold of the house with a closed off roof with like 30 blast doors to protect the money printers.

Chainedlord
3 Feb 2011, 09:07pm
2 keypads per house was perfectly fine, it gave the theif purpose.

Panzerschrek
4 Feb 2011, 07:16am
Yea, 2 would be fine, I can't remember the maximum amount we could use, but 2 seems ok. I understand the purpose of RP, but what would be fun, is that we would have more way to interact with each other, regardless of stealing and killing each others. And as Bad Dog said, to me, it's all stealing/moneyprinters there's not much you can do other then that.

Bad Dog
4 Feb 2011, 02:44pm
Yea, 2 would be fine, I can't remember the maximum amount we could use, but 2 seems ok. I understand the purpose of RP, but what would be fun, is that we would have more way to interact with each other, regardless of stealing and killing each others. And as Bad Dog said, to me, it's all stealing/moneyprinters there's not much you can do other then that.

Well, thats not entirely true. I mean, yes thats the faster way to make cash, but running a shop can be fun as well, and messing around with cars and what not as well. Thats why I loved RP, because yes people had some insanely fun money printing heists, but there were also things like Hobo Town, using flying cars, kidnapping people, ect..

Just so much random shit you can do, it was great

Panzerschrek
4 Feb 2011, 03:53pm
Yea, but for me, I lasted about a month or so, then I started to get annoy by this, and stop playing.

Harpr33t
4 Feb 2011, 04:14pm
Goddamn maze of blast doors nailed together with a warrant lasting only 5 seconds.

Dracula
4 Feb 2011, 04:14pm
Goddamn maze of blast doors nailed together with a warrant lasting only 5 seconds.

^

b0red
4 Feb 2011, 05:27pm
i just miss being a drug dealer and having 1000+ health from all the weed i took

Chainedlord
4 Feb 2011, 05:48pm
*Turns into a I miss thread*

I miss robbing people with Spiral and Xoul who always stole the money off my printer :rant:

ScubaToaster
4 Feb 2011, 06:56pm
I miss doing some crazy shit involving several balloons and cars and some really fun people at the dead of night on the weekend. :)

Neutronrocks
5 Feb 2011, 04:04pm
I miss constantly needing to rewarrent because they clearly dont last long enough.

hV
5 Feb 2011, 04:12pm
I miss having my healing stall with the spinning red cross.

Acessed
6 Feb 2011, 03:12am
I miss my gay bar and pink ponies :<

D-Team oll
6 Feb 2011, 06:39am
i miss harp shouting at me 2 get another warrant (the 10nth 1 i would of placed)

Nasu
6 Feb 2011, 06:58am
I miss arguing with admins when they were mad about me stealing their stuff

D-Team oll
6 Feb 2011, 10:07am
I miss arguing with admins when they were mad about me stealing their stuff

true there

bamfers
6 Feb 2011, 06:22pm
If a DarkRP server comes out then I'll be the creepy pedo in the dark alleyways.

Metal
6 Feb 2011, 06:35pm
If a DarkRP server comes out then I'll be the creepy pedo in the dark alleyways.

Double team?

tic
6 Feb 2011, 08:34pm
^ Brb running.

APenguin
7 Feb 2011, 12:16am
Well, thats not entirely true. I mean, yes thats the faster way to make cash, but running a shop can be fun as well, and messing around with cars and what not as well. Thats why I loved RP, because yes people had some insanely fun money printing heists, but there were also things like Hobo Town, using flying cars, kidnapping people, ect..

Just so much random shit you can do, it was great

Hobo Town and Kidnapping people was the most fun ive ever had on GMod. Please let me do moar D:

OH and nailing Vivian to the cross. That was hilarious :D

Sander Cohen
7 Feb 2011, 10:52am
Why not have Deathmatch RP? It would be easier to manage and there would be no complaints of RDMing and stuff like that. There is also no police.

D-Team oll
7 Feb 2011, 12:09pm
^ Brb running.

*yells* DONT COME BACK

:rant::rant::rant:

Nutri
15 Feb 2011, 04:32pm
Dark RP Plox

nintendo64sim
15 Feb 2011, 04:35pm
It would be fun! Or at least, an event sometime to test it out again.

Methelod
8 May 2011, 04:55pm
I'd be jumping for joy if we had a DarkRP server again, I'd probably even become more active in SG again. But the problem is we need A) Admins that have been properly trained on how to admin the RP server and B) Probably a dedicated Lua coder to give us something to stand out. Deathmatch RP, it can be fun, as I've seen on a different server that did something like it but the problem is making it so the rules are fair and not annoying to new players. I have tons of idea's for an RP or RPDM server but the problem is trying to maintain balance, keep out/minimize griefers, keeping the player base interested etc...

therake6
6 Aug 2011, 09:59am
perp is waaay better

Metal
28 Nov 2011, 08:31pm
Support.