PDA

View Full Version : Adding a painstation

Spartan
15 Jan 2011, 07:14pm
Up to you guys. I got a semi working one I altered myself. I took a look at some others codes on a quick google search. Pretty fail... and dodgy. Only thing I need to to is attribute the kill to the corpse search.

Afamad 2.1
15 Jan 2011, 07:16pm
Sure. How much damage would it do though?

Spartan
15 Jan 2011, 07:19pm
Sure. How much damage would it do though?

25 a hit. Has 8 hits before getting destroyed, unless it's left to recharge. Best to not spam your E button on it and destroy it.

Paralyzed
15 Jan 2011, 07:21pm
Most people spam the health station, when they have low HP.. so they press E really quick to gain health, so a Traitor health station might be usefull, i like the idea yes.

Suicide
15 Jan 2011, 07:24pm
I'd say yes, why not.

Sai
15 Jan 2011, 09:33pm
I would say yes. It would teach some people not to spam HP stations.

Bad Dog
15 Jan 2011, 11:21pm
This is gonna lead to some fun "What the fuck do I do moments" when you have like 10 hp and theres a health station sitting there..looking all peculiar. Will it look different to the regular hp station (Please say no)

Spiritwind
16 Jan 2011, 12:17am
Thats a grand idea XD. Will make taking the detective out a priority during the start of the game if the traitor plans on putting one down.

Faileron
16 Jan 2011, 02:37am
these are great, i played on a different server with them and its really fun destroying a health station then planting a pain station in the same place, they get really confused

Nishok
16 Jan 2011, 05:07am
Epic! I can smell the dead corpses already!

Spartan
16 Jan 2011, 05:16am
It's entirely the same, model, hp you get taken away rather than added, charge rate etc. The differences being the name is slightly different so you can tell if you look at it. You'll see lol.

Toxin
16 Jan 2011, 07:03am
It's entirely the same, model, hp you get taken away rather than added, charge rate etc. The differences being the name is slightly different so you can tell if you look at it. You'll see lol.

That's no fun then.

Nishok
16 Jan 2011, 07:06am
That's no fun then.

Agree.. It should be like surprise buttsex. Both surprising and it hurts! (unless you like it :twitch:)

Desum
16 Jan 2011, 07:15am
That's no fun then.

^only good if you can't tell the difference, otherwise whats the point?

Kiwi
16 Jan 2011, 09:50am
these are great, i played on a different server with them and its really fun destroying a health station then planting a pain station in the same place, they get really confused

Isn't there a notification saying *Your health station has been destroyed!*?

Best not to have fail dets.

Henrik
16 Jan 2011, 12:44pm
Let them be exactly the same so people will have to ask the detectives or other players if the health-station is real.

Z00M
16 Jan 2011, 01:00pm
awesome idea, making it exactly as the health station would add more action to the game hahaha

Nasu
16 Jan 2011, 01:04pm
No, I don't really want extra complications in the game.

D-Team oll
16 Jan 2011, 01:16pm

r the old switch a rue

jeN
16 Jan 2011, 02:36pm
Only if it has the same name so no one realizes, more lulz.

Spartan
16 Jan 2011, 03:00pm
Will "Hellf St4ti0n" do?

jeN
16 Jan 2011, 03:05pm
Will "Hellf St4ti0n" do?

:rant:

starbucks
16 Jan 2011, 03:06pm
Will "Hellf St4ti0n" do?

Health Station would do.

Alucard
16 Jan 2011, 03:09pm
One word of advice, make sure other traitors can tell the difference between a regular Health station and a Painstation, if they can't, then it will be one huge butfuck.

I've had this happen to me all the time....

PingPong
16 Jan 2011, 05:51pm
Make it the EXACT same as the real health station, text look everything!

ScubaToaster
16 Jan 2011, 06:04pm
Do it, this will make for some very memorable moments.... ;)

Nishok
16 Jan 2011, 06:19pm
And add it secretly into the server, so we can have epic lulz with people that don't read the forums that much :P

Faileron
17 Jan 2011, 02:09am
Isn't there a notification saying *Your health station has been destroyed!*?

Best not to have fail dets.

Thats why you kill the detectives first

Faileron
17 Jan 2011, 02:10am
One word of advice, make sure other traitors can tell the difference between a regular Health station and a Painstation, if they can't, then it will be one huge butfuck.

I've had this happen to me all the time....

What i have seen on another server, is like what the traitors get with c4, they get like a different symbol wwhere the painstation is so they know to void it.

leeroyjenkinsboy
17 Jan 2011, 07:24am
It should be Health Statlon it's hard to notice but if you know what to look for it sticks out like crazy <3 oh and I am going to be that bitch that knows its a pain station but just sits back and watches the lulz

Psyche
17 Jan 2011, 08:48am
You should make it say health station, but after a while the name will flicker to something else, like health station in 1337 speak

Strike
17 Jan 2011, 10:34am
You should call it the "n00b station of PAIN"

or

thisstationwillkillanyoneonlowhealthiftheyspamitis agreattraitorweaponandwillbeusedalotifyoubuythisit 'lllooknearlythesameasthedetectivehealthstationbut dealsdamagethiswillcost1point

D-Team oll
18 Jan 2011, 08:37am
so when is it begin added

Elfbarf
18 Jan 2011, 09:32am
Hea1th Station

(von dutch) delta force 8
18 Jan 2011, 11:18am
name the detectives health station 'pain station'
and name the traitors pain station 'health station'
Sit back and enjoy.

Bad Dog
18 Jan 2011, 12:35pm
name the detectives health station 'pain station'
and name the traitors pain station 'health station'
Sit back and enjoy.

Or make detectives/traitors put a name on their Health Stations, so instead of Health Station it will say whatever they type.

Imagine the chaos when one says "This is not a pain station" and the other says "The detective made this"

Spartan
18 Jan 2011, 04:42pm
I've been quite busy with work lately, not had the time to look into this more 'thoughtfully'. I've got a working one, but it won't attribute the inflictor - attacker on death. (So when you search the corpse a skull appears only). I can add it if you want for now and do it another time, but it might be a while.

If anyone with some knowledge in lua would perhaps like to paste a code for the attacker - inflictor bollocks, feel free. ENT.TakeDamageInfo is what you need to use if you're interested. Use the entity/entity/ttt_knife_proj/ or entity/entity/ttt_c4/ for examples if you're wondering.

Bad Dog
18 Jan 2011, 06:39pm
I say just add it in. As long as it does the job, people can put two and two together if they see a corpse next to a "health" station. So if it looks like a suicide, it really wont make a huge difference.

The traitor who puts it down still gets the kill though, correct? It wont count as like, a suicide or world death. Dont know why that thought occured to me, just wondering.

Nishok
19 Jan 2011, 01:08am
The traitor who puts it down still gets the kill though, correct? It wont count as like, a suicide or world death. Dont know why that thought occured to me, just wondering.

As long as it gives the T the kill and score, then I'm fine with it being shown as a "suicide".
Edit:
It would also give a more surprise if the painstation got moved away from the corpse, it'd make people wonder if he really suicided or got killed by a painstation. I love surprises :D

Spartan
19 Jan 2011, 05:15pm
Oh well I got it done. Now it shows on corpse search that a pain station was used to kill them. As a consequence of making a body dna'able, the dmg type is bullet, so when you use it, it sounds like you're being shot lol. The corpse search will also show that you were shot to death, but seeing as the pain station icon will show I think people will notice. Obviously it's not been tested so I'm not sure if it will show on the end report but I think it will. I'll be adding it soon. (I won't say when for lolz)

Details about the pain station:

- Same model as health station.
- Same lettering (Health Station) for those who didn't want it changed.
- Same noise when used. (Fail noise like if it's empty or you have full health)
- Charges decreases with each use and also recharges if left.
- 25 damage per hit. I can increase this if people find it to easy to destroy them or something.
- 25 damage to the pain station per use. 200 health so after 8 hits it gets destroyed.

To come maybe:

- Noticeable to traitors only that it's a pain station.

Some bollocks I've forgotten who cares.

PingPong
19 Jan 2011, 05:19pm
Oh well I got it done. Now it shows on corpse search that a pain station was used to kill them. As a consequence of making a body dna'able, the dmg type is bullet, so when you use it, it sounds like you're being shot lol. The corpse search will also show that you were shot to death, but seeing as the pain station icon will show I think people will notice. Obviously it's not been tested so I'm not sure if it will show on the end report but I think it will. I'll be adding it soon. (I won't say when for lolz)

Details about the pain station:

- Same model as health station.
- Same lettering (Health Station) for those who didn't want it changed.
- Same noise when used. (Fail noise like if it's empty or you have full health)
- Charges decreases with each use and also recharges if left.
- 25 damage per hit. I can increase this if people find it to easy to destroy them or something.
- 25 damage to the pain station per use. 200 health so after 8 hits it gets destroyed.

To come maybe:

- Noticeable to traitors only that it's a pain station.

Some bollocks I've forgotten who cares.
Have my babys?

Jazzyy
19 Jan 2011, 05:30pm
I just don't see pain station being useful beyond hurting one person. Someone will use it, get hurt, and destroy it. You get a 25 Damage tops. Which is cool, but it'd be cooler if all health addition/reduction would be delayed. So it took about ten seconds before people would begin hurting, and therefore the pain station could hit up one or two more people.

bamfers
19 Jan 2011, 07:01pm
I would be so fucked, I'm prone to injure myself unless I end up pressing the suicide key.

Harry
19 Jan 2011, 07:13pm
I personally dislike the idea, but if you're going to add it, you should use the microwave model ( http://i.imgur.com/fj3WG.png ). It looks a lot like a health station from a quick glance.

Edit: oops, just saw your post on the page before..

Kiwi
19 Jan 2011, 07:19pm
I just don't see pain station being useful beyond hurting one person. Someone will use it, get hurt, and destroy it. You get a 25 Damage tops. Which is cool, but it'd be cooler if all health addition/reduction would be delayed. So it took about ten seconds before people would begin hurting, and therefore the pain station could hit up one or two more people.

12 HP left, want heals, see HP station, press E, die.

I see some uses.

Innocents might try to destroy it, but others might think they are destroying an HP station, same goes to traitors.

Z00M
19 Jan 2011, 08:11pm
im looking forward to this, i will love to see people dying because of a HP station hahahaha

Sai
19 Jan 2011, 09:49pm
I would be so fucked, I'm prone to injure myself unless I end up pressing the suicide key.

Thats cuz you keep goomba stomping people

Boobcake
20 Jan 2011, 01:03am

Bunch of people get hurt by inci, throw it into the group. Most likely more than 1 will press it.

Afamad 2.1
20 Jan 2011, 09:52am

And because you keep fucking crowbarring me, and then when I fight back and you get hurt, you tell people to kill me.

ScubaToaster
20 Jan 2011, 10:39am
Tried it out today whilst playing TTT. I think it's a keeper, got some very confused innos wondering I was hacking. :)

Z00M
20 Jan 2011, 08:44pm
Tried it out today whilst playing TTT. I think it's a keeper, got some very confused innos wondering I was hacking. :)

yay, new tool for traitors :laugh:

Spartan
25 Jan 2011, 10:01am
Pain station's in. It's a bit dodgy atm. Couldn't replicate this on single player so it's hard to fix. Basically if you press e on the pain station, you lose 13 health, then 12 when you let go of your use button so it equals 25 damage. However there's a glitch to get around it, but I won't say what it is. For some reason the owner of the pain station only takes 12/13 damage when they press e and let go. Strange. I'll also need to edit the amount of health the pain station loses. Right now it's not very viable so I'll edit it all tomorrow.

Also updated gmod, and ttt so it's running version 23. Forgot to edit the knife damage and cba to do it now. I'll have a fanny around tomorrow.

Nishok
25 Jan 2011, 10:22am
I'd say keep the health loss bug (that you'll only lose 13HP and when you lose 12Hp when lifting E), this could make epic moments xD "OMG I have less than 12 HP left, when I losen my E button I'll die" and all that fun QQ xD

Fierce
25 Jan 2011, 10:52am
awesome

duhoh
25 Jan 2011, 11:31am
sweet, the pain station works great! thanks for the work man.

Harry
25 Jan 2011, 06:11pm
The painstation should not be able to damage other traitors I think. Also the normal HP station is broken/changed (you have to hold E on it, and gain 1 hp every second?). It's nice when you have to tap e a few times to get full, as that encourages more people spamming E on fake healthstations as well. :D

Paralyzed
25 Jan 2011, 06:33pm
One of my traitor buddies used my painstation and died. :(

Nasu
26 Jan 2011, 06:23am
The painstation should not be able to damage other traitors I think. Also the normal HP station is broken/changed (you have to hold E on it, and gain 1 hp every second?). It's nice when you have to tap e a few times to get full, as that encourages more people spamming E on fake healthstations as well. :D

The health station change is ttt change I think.

Spartan
26 Jan 2011, 10:45am
I had no idea how much the health station had changed in the update. As a result the pain station isn't very realistic. I'm gona have to fanny around with the healht station to see if i can get it back to it's original state, as the current one is pretty gay. Hopefully it's an easy fix. I'm gona keep trying on fixing the pain station. Something's making it dodgy and I'll find out soon enough.

The knife is also 1 hit. Go noobs.

Sai
26 Jan 2011, 04:15pm

Like i said before just keep tappin your use button.