PDA

View Full Version : SilentGuns's Sound Issues

SilentGuns
15 Jan 2011, 12:37pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Sound Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
No Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Intel What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Don't know Please state your problem here
My USB headphones do not seem to have this problem but everything else does .

I'm retarded when it comes to tech so I can not tell you much about this but listen . When I try to record sound on videos, this is what comes out :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxtCxpq1Oys

This also happens when I plug in a headphone jack.

duhoh
15 Jan 2011, 01:12pm
Download and run everest home edition from lavalys.com to identify the exact soundcard and then google for drivers. Have you tried to update driver using the wizard in devicemanager and let windows do the websearch?

Crazy Swede
15 Jan 2011, 01:15pm
I have tons of times sound-checked since I work on a radio-station. That sounds like...

When such a strong CONSTANT sound with no computer-sounds, I can only think of 3 things.

*The sound-card is ESD damaged
*The the bay for the sound-card is damaged
*The sound-card is physically damaged

I can't think of an excuse like "you don't have the latest drivers". Out-dated drivers wouldn't cause a constant noise like that. Bad settings or anything like that would either give NO SOUND or some sort of different sound.

Sorry to have to tell you this, but it is probably damaged. Atleast that's my point of view.

SilentGuns
15 Jan 2011, 01:20pm
Download and run everest home edition from lavalys.com to identify the exact soundcard and then google for drivers. Have you tried to update driver using the wizard in devicemanager and let windows do the websearch?

It says that it cant find a better match for my hardware.

duhoh
15 Jan 2011, 02:00pm
if its a consistent problem, its probably damaged :/

SilentGuns
15 Jan 2011, 02:12pm
Problem solved. Thanks for everyones help.

A thing called IDT audio caused this. It was bugged. I updated those drivers instead of the legacy drivers.

duhoh
16 Jan 2011, 01:24am
sweet.