PDA

View Full Version : Throwing nades before round

leeroyjenkinsboy
12 Jan 2011, 04:49pm
I believe this command "ttt_no_nade_throw_during_prep" should be set to 1 on the server it stops nades from being thrown this would stop rdm coming from throwing disco's pre round but the people fall and die after it starts and just stop all the general asshattery from nades pre round theres also more commands for TTT at http://ttt.badking.net/config-and-commands/convars that might be usefull and http://ttt.badking.net/config-and-commands/commands I also think that ragdoll pinning would be nice added back and the detective hat is cool sounding

Metal
12 Jan 2011, 04:51pm
It does nothing tbh.
Sure it blows up and when round starts it hurts.
But im sure the people you throw it at will run away

leeroyjenkinsboy
12 Jan 2011, 04:57pm
What im saying you throw a disco it launches someone into air THEN round starts before he hits ground thus he dies and doesnt respawn

Metal
12 Jan 2011, 05:02pm
What im saying you throw a disco it launches someone into air THEN round starts before he hits ground thus he dies and doesnt respawn

Shit happens, we got admins.

leeroyjenkinsboy
12 Jan 2011, 05:14pm
This just destroys the problem making an admins life easier

Metal
12 Jan 2011, 05:17pm
This just destroys the problem making an admins life easier

Not easy being admin.
It might help, but i doubt they will add it.

Harry
12 Jan 2011, 05:21pm
Detective hat and ragdoll will probably not be enabled. Ragdoll hanging lags the server, and detective hats are ugly and easier for the traitors to find who to pick off first.

The throwing nades svar should be turned on, will be good.

Caution
12 Jan 2011, 05:57pm
I believe this command "ttt_no_nade_throw_during_prep" should be set to 1 on the server it stops nades from being thrown this would stop rdm coming from throwing disco's pre round but the people fall and die after it starts and just stop all the general asshattery from nades pre round theres also more commands for TTT at http://ttt.badking.net/config-and-commands/convars that might be usefull and http://ttt.badking.net/config-and-commands/commands I also think that ragdoll pinning would be nice added back and the detective hat is cool sounding

Can you make it easier on everyone trying to read the post by using at least semi-decent spelling / grammar? I don't ask for much, but I can't take anybody's thread seriously if they can't take the time to at least use punctuation here and there.

Bad Dog
12 Jan 2011, 06:53pm
This is a good idea, mainly because I hate being selected traitor, then just as quickly, I get an incendiary to the face.

Yes, shit happens Fullmetal, but thats why people make things like this...So the shit doesnt happen...

Afamad 2.1
12 Jan 2011, 07:17pm
This is a good idea, mainly because I hate being selected traitor, then just as quickly, I get an incendiary to the face.

Yes, shit happens Fullmetal, but thats why people make things like this...So the shit doesnt happen...

I thought they made stool hardeners so shit doesn't happen?

Phobos
12 Jan 2011, 07:45pm
Holy grammar, Batman!

Anyways- I know that a lot of people die/lose health from incendiary nades being thrown during preparation in de_westwood. Hah.

Harpr33t
12 Jan 2011, 08:38pm
I blame me for this.

Nishok
13 Jan 2011, 03:49am
Add this to the config file:
ttt_no_nade_throw_during_prep 1

And voila, no more accidental or purposely killing with nades.

2secs of work.

Nasu
13 Jan 2011, 05:50am
Fullmetals point is invalid.

Just add this

Paralyzed
13 Jan 2011, 05:59am
Can you make it easier on everyone trying to read the post by using at least semi-decent spelling / grammar? I don't ask for much, but I can't take anybody's thread seriously if they can't take the time to at least use punctuation here and there.

However, we do understand the point he's trying to make... don't we?

starbucks
13 Jan 2011, 06:11am
Making fire visible would be cool.

Spartan
13 Jan 2011, 07:35am
I love how people make threads and posts as if to say "Spartan you dumbass, you obviously no nothing so heres the commands and whilst you're at it..."

Yes, I know the command. It's 0 because who gives a shit.

duhoh
13 Jan 2011, 08:46am
it's like the RL Kelly trial all over again.

if someone's trying to pee on you, move outta the way.

Harry
13 Jan 2011, 08:48am
Are there any disadvantage with having it set to 1?

D-Team oll
13 Jan 2011, 09:12am
Shit happens, we got admins.

A Admin did this 2 me

hV
13 Jan 2011, 10:01am
Spartan you dumbass, you obviously know nothing so replace TTT with DarkRP.

Spartan
13 Jan 2011, 01:12pm
Spartan you dumbass, you obviously know nothing so replace TTT with DarkRP.

Replace Scottish with British ya dirty cunt.

Drox
13 Jan 2011, 01:14pm
it's like the RL Kelly trial all over again.

if someone's trying to pee on you, move outta the way.

wait...what, how is this the same lol

(von dutch) delta force 8
13 Jan 2011, 02:04pm
wait...what, how is this the same lol

simple, see a nide or even better a fire don't run into it thinking "fuck that shizzle i dont take damage cause the round has started yet LOLOLOLOLOLOL"

but be more like "oh noez a disco I must get away"

Elfbarf
13 Jan 2011, 03:01pm
I love how people make threads and posts as if to say "Spartan you dumbass, you obviously no nothing so heres the commands and whilst you're at it..."

The people who actually play on the server give a shit, if you know how to do it than just do it, no need to be an asshole about it. There's no downside to changing this aside from the fact that it'd require 1-2 minutes of your time.

Bad Dog
13 Jan 2011, 05:13pm
The people who actually play on the server give a shit, if you know how to do it than just do it, no need to be an asshole about it. There's no downside to changing this aside from the fact that it'd require 1-2 minutes of your time.

^

We arent bringing this up to be annoying, or to question whether you know how to run the server right or not, we brought it up because its something we'd like to see added to the server.

I mean, you guys are saying "Who gives a fuck, it isnt a huge problem" but its a problem, with a fix, and yet we arent fixing it because...?

Spartan
14 Jan 2011, 06:48am
Edit: Ok Elfbarf Mr.Sensitive. Sorry my post was so asshole-like, because rather than actually reading a thread I made about the hanging bodies feature being disabled, or the fact I alter many things within ttt and created christmas stuff, or the fact there's my own scripted motd in there, along with the serveral other mods I added to the second server etc etc etc, I obviously have no clue what the command would be for this. I'm being an asshole for being treat like I have no clue about running ttt. Also just because I know how to do something doesn't mean I should "just do it". No. I won't do it just because I know how to and you want it to be on. I know how to do lots of things but I don't necessarily do them. And myself and others also clearly don't give a shit, who also happen to play on the servers.

Finally there are downsides to disabling it. They're so obvious. I mean, I want to throw grenades at the start of the round. Why the fuck would you want to disable that? Because people get thrown of the cliff just as the round starts? Because ppl lose like 10 - 20 hp from flames? Try not standing so close to the edge. Try moving out the fire as soon as it explodes. Any decent admin in my eyes would see the people doing this and punish them.

I mean the only argument for this is that people will ultimately be rdm'd from it. By that logic then you should want me to go into source sdk and edit maps that have explosive barrels in and remove them. They serve no use other than to rdm.

The server's ran for a long time with grenades enabled and I've yet to see one complaint, official or unofficial about this. As soon as this thread comes I'm suddenly a fucking douche. Clearly. Am I being arrogant? Yeah, I like to throw grenades whenever I want.

duhoh
14 Jan 2011, 09:43am
spartan does all of this work for free.

i totally agree with him too. if you see someone throwing nades, get outta the way. easy as that.

Paralyzed
14 Jan 2011, 10:04am
spartan does all of this work for free.

i totally agree with him too. if you see someone throwing nades, get outta the way. easy as that.

Most of the times when people use discombobs to blow people off buildings, they keep it in their hands so you can't see if anyone is throwing anything. However, I don't mind if it's enabled/disabled.

Spartan
14 Jan 2011, 12:27pm
Most of the times when people use discombobs to blow people off buildings, they keep it in their hands so you can't see if anyone is throwing anything. However, I don't mind if it's enabled/disabled.

There is always the option of asking. There are always the logs at the end. Damage logs through console at the end too.

Bad Dog
14 Jan 2011, 12:56pm
I'm sorry, but when did this thread become all about how much Spartan does for this server?

Of course he does a shit ton, and of course he does a lot, and all for free, but this thread wasnt made to insult Spartan. It wasnt made to say "Spartan has small dick, therefore he no run server well"

It was made because a player had an issue, and he thought he saw a fix. No power struggle. No attempt to overthrow anyone.

If it wont be added, I really dont think anyone will care much, I just have no idea why this became such a huge thing.

leeroyjenkinsboy
14 Jan 2011, 01:32pm
Thank you bad dog.

Spartan
14 Jan 2011, 04:49pm
It's not a big thing. Throwing a grenade is not a big thing. Hence why this thread is pointless.

Harpr33t
14 Jan 2011, 06:17pm
I get killed for it all the time :(

Harro (Ignore)
14 Jan 2011, 09:07pm
It's not a big thing. Throwing a grenade is not a big thing. Hence why this thread is pointless.

Unless you are playing with Harpreet on westwood.