PDA

View Full Version : Do you create gaming videos/voice overs!?

barackobama
11 Jan 2011, 08:23pm
If you do, then we are interested!

If you create videos to do with gaming then please contact me VIA PM.

I'd like to know:

Do you make Call of duty videos, Battlefield videos, Cs:s videos, ect.

Have you ever sent or had a video featured on machinima YouTube channel?

Are your videos similar to ones put up on Macinima?

Are you willing to allow us to use your videos for our brand new SG YouTube channel?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Matt
11 Jan 2011, 08:26pm
If you do, then we are interested!

If you create videos to do with gaming then please contact me VIA PM.

I'd like to know:

Do you make Call of duty videos, Battlefield videos, Cs:s videos, ect.

Have you ever sent or had a video featured on machinima YouTube channel?

Are your videos similar to ones put up on Macinima?

Are you willing to allow us to use your videos for our brand new SG YouTube channel?

Look forward to hearing from you!

might as well add sum minecraft

Dracula
11 Jan 2011, 08:29pm
Will send you one.

Metal
11 Jan 2011, 08:30pm
Will send one, im a noob had video editing with effects but getting the footage is simple.

barackobama
11 Jan 2011, 08:32pm
Any games, minecraft, ect.

Metal
11 Jan 2011, 08:37pm
Any games, minecraft, ect.

By any games you also mean doujin?
Just making sure. =p

Bethy
11 Jan 2011, 09:03pm
By any games you also mean doujin?
Just making sure. =p

I think he means games that people in SG play, because it is going to be on the SG youtube channel.

barackobama
11 Jan 2011, 09:05pm
Well, anything really. If it's good, it will go on our channel. We're going to try and reach a new audience with our channel. So anything goes. It's not just for SG. :)

Metal
11 Jan 2011, 09:10pm
Well, anything really. If it's good, it will go on our channel. We're going to try and reach a new audience with our channel. So anything goes. It's not just for SG. :)

Ok, I better start making videos.
ill pm you later with things i can and cannot do

barackobama
11 Jan 2011, 09:11pm
But needs to be creative, and if possible commentary with it..

Metal
11 Jan 2011, 09:17pm
But needs to be creative, an if possible commentary with it..

Will do.
God garf you are on a roll in 2011

Drox
11 Jan 2011, 09:26pm
Thought this was a thread looking for people to do voice overs, wanted to volunteer my sexy voice lol

hV
12 Jan 2011, 03:09am
Thought this was a thread looking for people to do voice overs, wanted to volunteer my sexy voice lol

Same :(

DoubleSb
12 Jan 2011, 03:11pm
Shoutcast on LoL everyday.

Matt
12 Jan 2011, 03:17pm
Will do.
God garf you are on a roll in 2011

It was his resolution :happy:

Cromyth
12 Jan 2011, 03:33pm
Im currently working on a WoW PvP video that will go up on www.warcraftmovies.com in a month

duhoh
12 Jan 2011, 05:14pm
ask dirty s-

oh wait.

Matt
12 Jan 2011, 06:28pm
imma attempt a TF2 clip for the video if u want it added :)

PingPong
12 Jan 2011, 07:48pm
Pm sent. Already had a couple ideas before I even saw this lol.
Planning a sg highlights video for the black ops event on jan 22nd
Maybe a few commentaries on the sg black ops server
and possibly a sg movie later on with floffy

Edit: Are we planning on using http://www.youtube.com/user/SGSteamGamers

Zealot
12 Jan 2011, 10:05pm
Um I tried commentating a SC2 game with Dalar and Bullet and it ended with me saying um about 3000 times. Commentating not for me, but I got tonnes of video ideas (Going to get Adobe after effects soon).

barackobama
13 Jan 2011, 07:54am
No, I'm creating a brand new type of channel.

barackobama
13 Jan 2011, 07:55am
It's going to be under my account. Going to be a entertainment, multi gaming video account. With rich resources.

Repus
13 Jan 2011, 10:35am
Don't we have already 2 accounts? What about that series we were making, still waiting for the first episode.

UltimateCookieShark
13 Jan 2011, 03:53pm
Ill do games walkthroughts if i find out how the hell i put my voice while playing and a good program

Metal
13 Jan 2011, 03:56pm
I'll have a video tonight, sadly no commentary tho.

Spiritwind
13 Jan 2011, 06:14pm
If someone tells me the best programs to use for this then I can start working on learning them.

Metal
13 Jan 2011, 06:21pm
If someone tells me the best programs to use for this then I can start working on learning them.

Camtasia Studio 7
Fraps

PingPong
13 Jan 2011, 06:27pm
Sony Vegas 9 or 8
Skype/Windows Sound Recorder
After Affects

Matt
13 Jan 2011, 07:55pm
Camtasia Studio 7
Fraps

do u use Free version of fraps or did u buy it?

Dracula
13 Jan 2011, 08:31pm
do u use Free version of fraps or did u buy it?

PingPong
13 Jan 2011, 08:35pm
The link to the account we plan on using?

Zealot
13 Jan 2011, 11:24pm
aZbQN65MgCI

gmod shiet

hV
14 Jan 2011, 07:01pm
I'll make videos of me playing SP games commentating complete shit so you guys can laugh at me. Unless you want high standard of quality in the videos?

I wanted to do a whole "hV plays <x>" thing...

Kaos
15 Jan 2011, 02:57pm
You mean GamePlay Commentaries, because if so, im very interested and have been planning to start for a while. My friend who does them is helping me get started.

EDIT: Expensive Capture Card is Expensive?! shit..

Zealot
15 Jan 2011, 06:22pm
SRS POST:

Don't make the channel "your" channel. What I mean by that is, if we're submitting videos too you under your own personal account, where do we get our own viewers/subscribers? It's pretty unfair if we put work into the videos and you get the credit, just saying. What I think we should do is make this a hub channel.

Here's the run down:
- SG community makes sweet videos.
- Garfield makes weekly videos that LINK said sweet videos to the users channel
- Profit for both, SG get exposure, video makers get views

PingPong
17 Jan 2011, 01:26pm
Update from garf?

barackobama
17 Jan 2011, 01:37pm
Waiting on more than 1 person to PM me... =(

Garf

Zealot
17 Jan 2011, 03:25pm
Did you read my post? I don't feel like participating otherwise, its just unfair.

barackobama
17 Jan 2011, 03:56pm
Where did you get the idea it would be my account? Why on earth would I take credit for someone elses work? It will be a general account, not my own personal account as in "Garfieldh". Something catchy, but it's still in the planning.

Garf

struki
17 Jan 2011, 03:57pm
Garf,i have like 20 mins demos of me,andre and 2 other guys from community playing l4d2.Im gonna edit it soon =) funny as hell

PingPong
17 Jan 2011, 04:02pm
If you want to participate pm garfield

Metal
17 Jan 2011, 04:05pm
i didn't pm, but i made a post.
I just got audicity so i can record commentary.
So i can have BC2 videos going soon

hV
17 Jan 2011, 04:20pm
i didn't pm, but i made a post.
I just got audicity so i can record commentary.
So i can have BC2 videos going soon

I'm not sure how I done it, but if you configure your microphone with the audio panel so that you can hear yourself talking, Fraps records that audio too. That's how I do it anyway.

Metal
17 Jan 2011, 04:24pm
I'm not sure how I done it, but if you configure your microphone with the audio panel so that you can hear yourself talking, Fraps records that audio too. That's how I do it anyway.

well for me i use win7 sound.
fraps 100 FPS full size or half size depends.
We could also do a dual com on bc2 squad rush one day

Zealot
17 Jan 2011, 04:32pm
It's going to be undermy account. Going to be a entertainment, multi gaming video account. With rich resources.

Where did you get the idea it would be my account? Why on earth would I take credit for someone elses work? It will be a general account, not my own personal account as in "Garfieldh". Something catchy, but it's still in the planning.

Garf

That's the msg I got from that post. I'll stick with my older post of making it a channel hub, you can do interviews or highlights with the creators and their videos (think machinima respawn).

PingPong
17 Jan 2011, 04:39pm
That's the msg I got from that post. I'll stick with my older post of making it a channel hub, you can do interviews or highlights with the creators and their videos (think machinima respawn).
Machinima is a perfect example of what this channel should be like

Spiritwind
17 Jan 2011, 04:44pm
Downloaded and installed Camtasia.
Will record a few videos and then see what it can do =).

andre1028
17 Jan 2011, 05:35pm
Garf,i have like 20 mins demos of me,andre and 2 other guys from community playing l4d2.Im gonna edit it soon =) funny as hell

LOL YOU DEMOED THAT?

struki
17 Jan 2011, 05:37pm
LOL YOU DEMOED THAT?

=)

Matt
17 Jan 2011, 05:45pm
TS3 :)

Zealot
17 Jan 2011, 05:51pm
Downloaded and installed Camtasia.
Will record a few videos and then see what it can do =).

Tell me if it can record full 1080p without too much fps loss please.

Metal
17 Jan 2011, 05:55pm

DO THIS GARF, DO THIS!

barackobama
17 Jan 2011, 05:57pm

Correct.

struki
17 Jan 2011, 06:25pm
if we do this RIGHT we could get alot of new members...

barackobama
17 Jan 2011, 07:18pm
Meeting to discuss this project? 22nd? Either 1 hour before meeting or after?!

Metal
17 Jan 2011, 07:29pm
Meeting to discuss this project? 22nd? Either 1 hour before meeting or after?!

Sound fine with me, but i think its better to do it 1 hour be4 the meeting

Alucard
17 Jan 2011, 07:30pm

Sometimes...... Machinima Respawn at times posts random and stupid as hell commentary that makes me want to kill myself..

PingPong
17 Jan 2011, 08:22pm
Sometimes...... Machinima Respawn at times posts random and stupid as hell commentary that makes me want to kill myself..
I don't like half the shit machinima posts but the system they have is what I was referring too
I'm down to talk about it hour before

Zealot
17 Jan 2011, 09:49pm
Dunno if I'll be there but I'll just make a rehash of my points from before.

Make it a hub channel that has a weekly episode highlighting special videos/SG related stuff. Links to videos and their owners channels can be hotlinked from the main video.

hV
18 Jan 2011, 10:18am
I don't like half the shit machinima posts but the system they have is what I was referring too
I'm down to talk about it hour before

We could have a video panel to decide what goes up and what doesn't, so that people don't generate rubbish or pointless videos and lose the channel's viewers. The amount of times my subscriptions are updated with the same old GMod crap that 10 year olds make...

SoulKeeper
18 Jan 2011, 12:27pm
If people want recognition, at the start of the videos you could have a SteamGamers intro, followed by a "subscribe to this faggot", with a link to their account plastered all over the screen.

It'd be pretty cool if people could apply to maintain the account too.

barackobama
19 Jan 2011, 01:09pm
http://www.youtube.com/user/PlayersCentral

This will be the channel, if you have any ideas for themes, etc. PM me.

PingPong
19 Jan 2011, 01:15pm
Why not something like SteamgamersMedia, SteamgamersFilms, or just work from SteamgamersSG

Zealot
19 Jan 2011, 01:20pm
Why not something like SteamgamersMedia, SteamgamersFilms, or just work from SteamgamersSG

Last SG channel didnt do so well.

Metal
19 Jan 2011, 01:23pm
I skiped a few pages but is there a way we just can log on and upload our own stuff.

The video name would go like

"Game"-"Name"-Title

PingPong
19 Jan 2011, 01:27pm
I skiped a few pages but is there a way we just can log on and upload our own stuff.

The video name would go like

"Game"-"Name"-Title
Probably not, garf said he would decide what goes up

barackobama
19 Jan 2011, 01:49pm
It will be a group of people who decide what goes up, it's not directly related to SG, but sponsored by us. Only me and a few others will have access to it.

Metal
19 Jan 2011, 01:53pm
It will be a group of people who decide what goes up, it's not directly related to SG, but sponsored by us. Only me and a few others will have access to it.

Do those people know who they are or are you picking at the meeting.

Riperzz
19 Jan 2011, 01:59pm
Wait dont we have steamgamers channel? Whats PlayersCentral?

barackobama
19 Jan 2011, 02:01pm
PlayersCentral is something totally different. It's not SG owned, just sponsored by us. It's for PC gaming.

PingPong
19 Jan 2011, 02:11pm
PlayersCentral is something totally different. It's not SG owned, just sponsored by us. It's for PC gaming.

I see what you did there

Zealot
1 Feb 2011, 03:39pm
Anyone try camtasia yet? I can't record cod4 with fraps for shit.

Kaos
1 Feb 2011, 04:52pm

i personally dont like it, but maybe your preferences are different than mine.

Zealot
1 Feb 2011, 06:12pm
i personally dont like it, but maybe your preferences are different than mine.

Whats the highest reso it records at?

Metal
1 Feb 2011, 07:21pm

I use FRAPS to record.
Camtasia to edit.

FRAPS w/ 60 or 100 FPS

Kaos
1 Feb 2011, 08:01pm
Whats the highest reso it records at?

I dont remember. It records high quality up to 1260x1224 i think it was.

Zealot
1 Feb 2011, 08:18pm
Its a screen recorder and yet I can't record gameplay :( Whats the deal.

Sandvich
1 Feb 2011, 08:31pm
Its a screen recorder and yet I can't record gameplay :( Whats the deal.

Are you playing in windowed mode (if possible on Cod4)? I used to use Camtasia to record, and it gave me pretty bad fps, and the game didn't show unless it was windowed.

Zealot
1 Feb 2011, 08:35pm
Are you playing in windowed mode (if possible on Cod4)? I used to use Camtasia to record, and it gave me pretty bad fps, and the game didn't show unless it was windowed.

no fullscreen :(, if I have to play windowed then I can't play at max resolutions, that answers ones of my questions.

DoubleSb
1 Feb 2011, 09:01pm
Go grab the new version of fraps, change to 29.95 fps (unless your comp can handle higher), drop the reso if needed. Clear some space on comp too. Fraps works perfectly for me, it's smooth and nice

PingPong
2 Feb 2011, 04:38pm
Go grab the new version of fraps, change to 29.95 fps (unless your comp can handle higher), drop the reso if needed. Clear some space on comp too. Fraps works perfectly for me, it's smooth and nice

And theres also a checkbox to record your mic input too which is really nice.

Chainedlord
2 Feb 2011, 04:56pm

Theres a new version? If so can you pm me the link?

Zealot
2 Feb 2011, 06:27pm
I already have the full version of fraps, its just its hard to play a fast paced game with choppy 30fps.

Kaos
3 Feb 2011, 06:33pm

Fraps is kinda buggy for me. It will say recording and have no timer, or have timer but not recording. and when i exit Fraps and even uninstalled it, the READY bar was still there..

DoubleSb
3 Feb 2011, 08:40pm
I already have the full version of fraps, its just its hard to play a fast paced game with choppy 30fps.

Then set it to 60 or whatever you want

Fraps is kinda buggy for me. It will say recording and have no timer, or have timer but not recording. and when i exit Fraps and even uninstalled it, the READY bar was still there..

It's not buggy at all, you may want to check the space on your HD, or if any other major programs are running, other than that it's perfectly fine.

PingPong
4 Feb 2011, 10:10pm

Get a better computer, don't plan on using fraps on a shitty computer and even with one don't expect even respectable quality.

Zealot
11 Feb 2011, 12:26am
5fi2YbEHY-Y

Kaos
18 Feb 2011, 01:43pm
when is the channel going to start up??

pkb0yz
19 Feb 2011, 12:00am
I make cs:s videos, just for fun! Most of the clips are from your SG servers!

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EZ0JljWUXR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>