PDA

View Full Version : Traitor Weapon Buy Sound

Harry
11 Jan 2011, 02:50pm
I (and many other people) hear it when a traitor buys a weapon. Are we insane or could this be a bug?

Ronen
11 Jan 2011, 02:53pm
insane

Metal
11 Jan 2011, 02:53pm
You dont.
Its them picking ammo or a gun off the ground.
Or maybe certain items make a sound?

Harry
11 Jan 2011, 02:59pm
You dont.
Its them picking ammo or a gun off the ground.
Or maybe certain items make a sound?
Nowhere near any guns nor ammo.

Spartan
12 Jan 2011, 07:38am
Remember BKU saying in a post you can never hear when someone buys something in a menu. Anything you do hear is likely to be a gmod/source bug.

hV
12 Jan 2011, 07:42am
I know it's hard to believe but every time I hear a "traitor buying a weapon" aka picking something up sound, they've always turned out to be a traitor when I kill them, it happens when no one is around or there are no weapons around either or else I wouldn't make the judgement.

Does anyone want to go in the TTT server just to test it out?

cakeshark
12 Jan 2011, 08:00am
I know it's hard to believe but every time I hear a "traitor buying a weapon" aka picking something up sound, they've always turned out to be a traitor when I kill them, it happens when no one is around or there are no weapons around either or else I wouldn't make the judgement.

Does anyone want to go in the TTT server just to test it out?

yeah im down to test it

hV
12 Jan 2011, 08:17am
Okay, silenced pistol DOES make a sound and I'll assume that is because it gives you ammo when your purchase it.

HENCE, I didn't RDM Gabe!

ConnorC
13 Jan 2011, 10:48am
Yeah when I was detective yesterday I was following a guy I suspected of being a traitor, I definetely heard the buy noise, shot and killed him and turned out he had just bought a silenced pistol.

duhoh
14 Jan 2011, 09:50am
Okay, silenced pistol DOES make a sound and I'll assume that is because it gives you ammo when your purchase it.

HENCE, I didn't RDM Gabe!

the ammo makes a lot of sense.

Bad Dog
14 Jan 2011, 10:05am
I heard this last night. Guy standing still, looking at the ground, no ammo/guns near him, and he already had a scout and I assumed a pistol, and I heard the sound when you get ammo/a gun. I wasnt going to say anything, could have been someone else nearby, but I'm pretty sure he turned out to be a traitor. If this is the case, either needs a fix, or traitors just need to be careful when buying SPs/anything.

hV
14 Jan 2011, 12:02pm
I heard this last night. Guy standing still, looking at the ground, no ammo/guns near him, and he already had a scout and I assumed a pistol, and I heard the sound when you get ammo/a gun. I wasnt going to say anything, could have been someone else nearby, but I'm pretty sure he turned out to be a traitor. If this is the case, either needs a fix, or traitors just need to be careful when buying SPs/anything.

It doesn't make a sound for any other weapons I'm sure, I think it would be fine to leave it as it is, it's just one of those things that a traitor needs to be wary of.

2DG
14 Jan 2011, 12:14pm
It does make a sound yeah, also happens with a flare gun, either way go on and try.
The best thing to do, is to stay alone when you buy it, you can only hear the sound if someone is close, so if you close a door and are alone in a room no-one can hear you.

Strike
14 Jan 2011, 12:55pm
Or you know, could run over some weapons then buy it?