PDA

View Full Version : leeroyjenkinsboy's Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc)

leeroyjenkinsboy
8 Jan 2011, 07:44am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Peripheral Issues (Keyboard/Mouse/Monitors etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Norton 360 Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Gateway What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Not a pc problem Please state your problem here
My keyboard (Microsoft sidewinder x6 which cost me a good penny) has sticky keys (stupid soda) the affected keys are z x c v n d 1 and space. I am wondering how to unstick these for good without having to take off keys if possible (I unstuck a normal keyboard before but I wasn't worried of breaking the keys by prying them off and im not sure if these keys can pry off) If you can help please help me fast D: the worst keys are v and n

Tweezy
8 Jan 2011, 10:16am
http://www.helpwithpcs.com/maintenance/cleaning-keyboard.htm

Might be helpful!

leeroyjenkinsboy
8 Jan 2011, 02:15pm
Fixed the problem didn't see this post til now I pryed off half the keys on my keyboard and soaked them in rubbing achohol why I cleaned interior :| but thanks anyways

Shadowex3
10 Jan 2011, 03:58am
Yeah most keyboards have removeable keys for exactly this reason. Also for the record water is not in and of itself harmful to electronics, you can (gently!) clean a motherboard with a damp rag just fine as long as it's off, unplugged completely, and the batteries are removed. Water causes problems because it shorts out the circuits, if there's no power and you don't leave it sitting in water to rust there won't be any damage.