PDA

View Full Version : trakaill's Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc)

trakaill
6 Jan 2011, 11:15am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
No Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
antivir Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Lenovo laptop What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
thinkpad Please state your problem here
Alright so Im about to kill a small child. I have had my wireless network set up for years. I never had a problem connecting to it nor did anyone that ever came to my house. I have had 3 laptop since I set it up and never had an issue. Now my sister just moved in with me and she has the laptop stated above and I cant for the life of me connect it to my network. I keeps identifying the network then it seems to crash my network because my laptop stops working and it goes in the identifying loop... I disabled/enabled the firewall and it didnt do anything. She had the laptop connect to her network at her previous apt. She can pretty much connect to anything but mine.. at least to the few Ive tried

trakaill
6 Jan 2011, 11:34am
this seems to be my exact problem http://windows.bigresource.com/Track/vista-vyOjAAku/

not really solved >.<

duhoh
6 Jan 2011, 01:44pm
that thread makes it seem like a DHCP issue that i used to have. may require multiple ipconfig /release & ipconfig /renews to get it right from my experiences. the problem is that my laptop was expecting the same type of communication from the previous network, and isn't seeing that the network i wanted to use has completely different settings, despite being partially connected to it, since its reverting to a fallback address (169.254.x.x).

i've noticed that it's only an issue when WPA/WPA2 is being used. i typically hide SSID broadcast and sometimes drop it to WEP when that problem happens, but i haven't run into this issue for over a year. other times i'd simply disable the wifi, restart the computer, and then enable the wifi.

Shadowex3
6 Jan 2011, 03:29pm
are your two laptops trying to get the same IP or something?

trakaill
9 Jan 2011, 01:37pm
both laptop are set to acquire IPs automatically if that makes any sense..

I just found and tried a different router that my sis had in her old apt and that solved my problem I suppose because I can just use that router permanently but I dont get why her computer wouldnt identify mine. Its a fairly old router..

jeN
16 Jan 2011, 01:31am
females, always causing unneeded problems even regarding computers. :embarrest: