PDA

View Full Version : cheap computer

TheMxPenguin
4 Jan 2011, 07:29pm
i looking for a cheap laptop that can do basic gaming ill just be play css and garys mod but my computer is an office desktop and cant to much more then type but it was $20 but i need a new one

Matt
4 Jan 2011, 07:32pm
i looking for a cheap laptop that can do basic gaming ill just be play css and garys mod but my computer is an office desktop and cant to much more then type but it was $20 but i need a new one

whats your price range? because i do know a great brand for gaming laptops IMO

http://www.asus.com/ProductGroup1.aspx?PG_ID=1quIC6RvvlvcvNbn

look through Gaming Powerhouse they can be pricey but Tbh for gaming I recomend a Desktop because they can be cheaper

Razaroth
7 Jan 2011, 11:24am
expect anything you get in a laptop to cost 60% more than what youd get equivalent in a desktop.

(60% number may be higher or lower at times.)

if you want to get a desktop computer that can handle most/all of the current games out (on low settings), expect to pay around 400$ or more (equivalent 700$ for a laptop). The more you can scrounge up for a computer, the more youll appreciate it later (as im sure matthew would have said).

Veggie
7 Jan 2011, 11:45am
That's not always true tho depending on how old the desktop is and specs.

Tweezy
7 Jan 2011, 12:03pm
expect anything you get in a laptop to cost 60% more than what youd get equivalent in a desktop.

(60% number may be higher or lower at times.)

if you want to get a desktop computer that can handle most/all of the current games out (on low settings), expect to pay around 400$ or more (equivalent 700$ for a laptop). The more you can scrounge up for a computer, the more youll appreciate it later (as im sure matthew would have said).

Yes laptops are expensive, but you also need to remember your buying a screen... I can get an i3 dell laptop for around £450.

Razaroth
7 Jan 2011, 12:11pm
of course. but if your i3 dell laptop doesnt have a video card, it might not be the right thing for him. if he wants to play garrys mod a low level video card would serve him very well. CSS of course, he wouldnt need anything. for just css source and garrys mod, he would do better with a lower level dual core, and a small graphics card.

An_Orange
17 Jun 2011, 12:45am
I can sell you an Asus G60vx laptop that is used for about a year still in good condition and I bought it for around $1,000.

Kiwi
17 Jun 2011, 09:51am
of course. but if your i3 dell laptop doesnt have a video card, it might not be the right thing for him. if he wants to play garrys mod a low level video card would serve him very well. CSS of course, he wouldnt need anything. for just css source and garrys mod, he would do better with a lower level dual core, and a small graphics card.

Intel's HD series isn't equivalent to their GMA dipshit. My Intel HD3000 that's included with my Sandy Bridge i3 is on par with a 325M or 9800M GT.