PDA

View Full Version : Server Loading screen

PingPong
4 Jan 2011, 02:19pm
Was reading the patch updates while waiting dead in ttt and I noticed this one
-Servers can now define a loading screen for people joining their server (sv_loadingurl)

I've also noticed some servers have it already like tns and a few others.

Don't know if anyone knows about it but are we planning on getting one on our server anytime soon?

Neji
4 Jan 2011, 03:03pm
Was reading the patch updates while waiting dead in ttt and I noticed this one
-Servers can now define a loading screen for people joining their server (sv_loadingurl)

I've also noticed some servers have it already like tns and a few others.

Don't know if anyone knows about it but are we planning on getting one on our server anytime soon?

I was gonna make a thread like that. D()() ITT FAG()T

Nishok
4 Jan 2011, 04:46pm
D()() ITT FAG()T

Get a nose, then talk big.

Harpr33t
4 Jan 2011, 07:23pm
Get a nose, then talk big.

be quiet Nishok before I discombobulate you off a roof.

Sai
4 Jan 2011, 07:32pm
be quiet Nishok before I discombobulate you off a roof.

You be quiet before I one deag you again in Borders >:D

Jazzyy
4 Jan 2011, 07:58pm
noticed a lot of problems with people using that sort of shit, however. feels like some servers have the resolution of the image set at an absurd size and then you don't get the jist of it.

but it'd be cool to have the little "Accept or Deny" thing on connect so like when you connect it also shows rules, etc so people can get that shit ahead of time.

Harry
9 Jan 2011, 11:19am
The MOTD should be put into this. People can read the rules while it's downloading. Win/win situation.

Bad Dog
9 Jan 2011, 12:47pm
The MOTD should be put into this. People can read the rules while it's downloading. Win/win situation.

That would be good, but either way to actually get in the server they do have to click "I Accept these rules"

Harry
9 Jan 2011, 01:39pm
That would be good, but either way to actually get in the server they do have to click "I Accept these rules"
Yeah, but now they are basically forced to read it, if it's in the loading screen :D

Bad Dog
9 Jan 2011, 05:45pm
Yeah, but now they are basically forced to read it, if it's in the loading screen :D

Mhmm, so that would be good.

Another thing we could try, if its possible/if we are going to actually put in a custom load screen, we could put in the leaderboards.

Jazzyy
10 Jan 2011, 08:52am
Mhmm, so that would be good.

Another thing we could try, if its possible/if we are going to actually put in a custom load screen, we could put in the leaderboards.
Definitely possible if you have a page like psycho stats but you'd need a plugin for the rank thing