PDA

View Full Version : gadget ideas for ttt server

Nova100222
3 Jan 2011, 03:10pm
here are some i thought up except for the 1st just wanted people to know the idea i think its a good one

1. The deadringer or something like it from teamfortress 2 would be really cool (idea not mine was talking about it with a guy im sorry i dont remember your name but he thought of it)

2. a grapple hook for some larger maps. People could repel up say you shoot someone and haft to get up or awway quickly.

3. a laptop you can carry around witch gives you an overlay of map and lets you remote detonate a c4.

if i get anymore ideas ill post them and i hope you guys will to.

okay just to clarify to everyone these are just ideas.

Elfbarf
3 Jan 2011, 03:35pm
All 3 of these are bad ideas, not to mention that we run vanilla TTT for a reason.

duhoh
3 Jan 2011, 04:32pm
simple is best.

the only things that would work IMO are pain stations for Ts, and jihad bombs.

otherwise, nope.

Matt
3 Jan 2011, 04:53pm
Its great that way it is.

Paralyzed
3 Jan 2011, 05:39pm
simple is best.

the only things that would work IMO are pain stations for Ts, and jihad bombs.

otherwise, nope.

Jihad bombs <3 too overpowered though.

leeroyjenkinsboy
3 Jan 2011, 05:40pm
A good thing would be jihad as forementioned or a false hp station with one feature that is spotted easily if you know whats different but not noticeable to those who arent sure it will blow up by remote detonation of the t's choosing but to balance it he must be within a certain distance of the station.

PingPong
3 Jan 2011, 05:48pm
Crappy Ideas
Have fun making them or finding someone too though :thumb:

tic
4 Jan 2011, 08:27am
i would love but hate jihad bombs because i alrdy know thats going to happen to me 24/7 D:.

Faileron
4 Jan 2011, 08:29am
leeroy there are already painstations, they look like health stations but do 20 damage each time you press e, they are quite funny

Harry
4 Jan 2011, 08:49am
TTT is fine the way it is, thanks anyways.

Nova100222
4 Jan 2011, 08:03pm
another good gadget idea i think would be a stun gun that could stun someone for 30 second enugh to make a clean kill and hide the body and they cannot talk while their stunned.

also this are just ideas they can be as stupid or horrible as you want them to be they wont happen i just made the thread cause its fun to think up these gadgets.

Nova100222
5 Jan 2011, 02:21pm
i think another cool gadget idea would be that you can hide inside a drum gallon or crate like in mgs4 but while your hiding you can't talk or move.

Nova100222
5 Jan 2011, 02:43pm
another cool idea for gadget would be a tranquilizer gun witch dose same as stun gun but you can get them at a range.

iNorris
5 Jan 2011, 02:53pm
Cool ideas in theory, but most are ridiculously advantageous for the traitors, and would probably require excessive Lua coding and whatnot.

I think trip mines would be fun, or maybe a knife designed for throwing that travels much farther than the regular knife.

Sandvich
5 Jan 2011, 03:02pm
Lol, I remember when someone came up with the Dead Wringer idea on the TTT forum...I thought it was a great idea back then but now that I look back it would have been extremely overpowered. Like iNorris said, they sound good until you realize how they could be used and how overpowered they can be...

And if there are painstation mods out there, we should try them out... sounds lulzy.

Psyche
5 Jan 2011, 08:10pm
There was something that was on another server, it was an alternative to the knife, Poison dart gun, if you bought the gun, you couldnt buy a knife and vice versa, what would happen is, it has a silenced pistol model and has 1 bullet, so you have to aim well, what it does is do 5 points of damage to whoever you hit and, depending on the distance of where you shot them, dies, with DNA of course, so if you shot him point blank, he would drop dead in a minute, if you shot him 10 feet away he'd die in 10 seconds.

Bad Dog
5 Jan 2011, 08:29pm
There was something that was on another server, it was an alternative to the knife, Poison dart gun, if you bought the gun, you couldnt buy a knife and vice versa, what would happen is, it has a silenced pistol model and has 1 bullet, so you have to aim well, what it does is do 5 points of damage to whoever you hit and, depending on the distance of where you shot them, dies, with DNA of course, so if you shot him point blank, he would drop dead in a minute, if you shot him 10 feet away he'd die in 10 seconds.

Yes, I've seen/used this on other servers. Personally, I think it would be an interesting addition, though Vanilla is really the best, as a lot of gadgets are stupid/overpowered/worthless.