PDA

View Full Version : Gator's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Gator
24 Dec 2010, 02:11pm
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
Don't know Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG, SB+SD Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
ViewSonic VX924 Please state your problem here
Won't turn on at all.

Tweezy
24 Dec 2010, 06:41pm
Have you checked all the cables leading from the monitor? It could also be a broken fuse in the plug, try using some different cables/plug socket.

Just another question, do the LED's light up on the monitor with no visual display? If so, graphic issue.

Shadowex3
25 Dec 2010, 01:20pm
does ANYTHING happen? Does the screen get that faint "i can tell the backlight is on" look? Do the LEDs come on? Is there a smell of burning somethingorother? Does a giant penis with six eyes appear and chant in the black tongue of R'Lyeh attempting to summon the dread god cthulhu from his terrible dreams beneath the ocean?

Labarr
25 Dec 2010, 06:35pm
Does a giant penis with six eyes appear and chant in the black tongue of R'Lyeh attempting to summon the dread god cthulhu from his terrible dreams beneath the ocean?

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:eOrGgDE5EGaeNM:http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll417/Saruman9/pyzamOmgWtf.jpg&t=1

Gator
27 Dec 2010, 02:39pm
Nothing happens at all, sometimes I faintly see the orange lite on the power button but when I hold the power button it will flash green but nothing happens on the monitor.

If it helps, For a few weeks before hand, The screen would flicker like mad.

----
Actually, It doesn't do the lite stuff on the power button anymore.

Sniper
28 Dec 2010, 10:30pm
Sounds like a bad monitor. You may have to have it replaced.

Lucid
28 Dec 2010, 11:21pm
Try unplugging the computer from everything, then if you open up the case, there might be this red light on the MOBO, then hold down the power button and you should see it go off. This resets it or something, it fixed the problem with the monitor for me.

Ronen
30 Dec 2010, 03:48am
Nothing happens at all, sometimes I faintly see the orange lite on the power button but when I hold the power button it will flash green but nothing happens on the monitor.

If it helps, For a few weeks before hand, The screen would flicker like mad.

----
Actually, It doesn't do the lite stuff on the power button anymore.

try using different inputs plug it into another PC and try a different spot for the power or even the power cable if its a universal one and not plugged directly into the monitor

Gator
31 Dec 2010, 02:25am
try using different inputs plug it into another PC and try a different spot for the power or even the power cable if its a universal one and not plugged directly into the monitor

I appreciate the help from everyone but this is just a fail. I do see where your coming from with differences but I can't do that because my other 3 monitors has different plug types also vice versa with the 3 computers having different plugs than that one monitor.

Gator
31 Dec 2010, 06:08pm
My bad, It actually does have the power button flash green when I hold it. It wasn't when I made that one post because I had the monitor unplugged.