PDA

View Full Version : Nothing big

Spartan
21 Dec 2010, 04:16pm
Couple changes. Due to the server crashing rather frequently and the server lagging at certain times, some changes have been made. (The server also eats a lot of CPU usage)

Firstly, the ability to pin ragdolls to things is removed. Reason being it lagged the server a hell of a lot. Noticeable only when the ragdolls are swinging. To stop this lag and hopefully prevent some crashing, it's removed for now.

Secondly the fps limit is now capped at 150 rather than anything before. So, all in all if you're maxing out 150 you'll probably not see any difference. Most likely nobody will see any difference but maybe you will if you're used to like 300 or something like that. Higher fps allowances are thought to strain the cpu.

Lastly, the christmas stuff, although I highly doubt it, may not remain on the server long since it could be linked with some crashing. Let's see how the server fairs now though.

Metal
21 Dec 2010, 04:18pm
....The server crashes?
Last 2 days i never seen it crash.

Also any update on X-mas event for ttt?

Harry
21 Dec 2010, 04:22pm
I'd suggest the fps limit be set at 300, but I don't know how much more CPU that would use. It's personally what I have configured on my lower-end server.

Thanks for keeping the server running good, Spartan.

Mad Dogg
21 Dec 2010, 04:26pm
I never realy liked when someone hanged a body.

Paul
21 Dec 2010, 04:27pm
....The server crashes?
Last 2 days i never seen it crash.

Also any update on X-mas event for ttt?

6 crashes since the 19/12/10

Was eating up 95% CPU usage earlier causing all the other servers to lagg from there vagina's.

We will see how it goes over the next day or so. Maybe could use a fresh rebuild, see if that fixes anything.

Harro (Ignore)
21 Dec 2010, 06:28pm
And it had nothing to do with the mass timebomb.

Jazzyy
23 Dec 2010, 12:19pm
Is ScriptEnforcer working? guy on last night was speedhacking and aimbotting, dunno maybe it was a dll injector/etc. Or maybei t was a lua script.