PDA

View Full Version : Ewingz's Video Issues

Ewingz
19 Dec 2010, 07:30am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Video Issues What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows XP If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
Me out off lego blocks :D What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
Graphics Please state your problem here
Anyone know any decent graphics cards to run games??

Tweezy
19 Dec 2010, 07:35am
Yes I do! What's your price margin? And, whats your motherboard number/name?

Mr. Moop
19 Dec 2010, 11:03pm
Be prepared for lots and lots of newegg.com links.

Tweezy
20 Dec 2010, 04:39am
Be prepared for lots and lots of newegg.com links.

I'll give him the best card for his price margin, if he decides to respond -_-

Shadowex3
20 Dec 2010, 06:51am
Graphics cards aren't an opinion Moop, they're empirically quantifiable. Graphics cards A1 and B1 are measurably better than A2 and B2, and it can be proven with simple data.

Just pick a price range and check newegg for the card in that range from Sapphire, Nvidia, Ati-Amd, XFX, or EVGA that's highest onthese charts (http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2010-gaming-graphics-charts-high-quality/benchmarks,114.html)

Ewingz
21 Dec 2010, 03:56am
ERmm im running a Acer Aspire XP not sure what motherboard is there any way to check?? and my margin around 100 pounds to 200 pounds

Tweezy
21 Dec 2010, 04:15am
ERmm im running a Acer Aspire XP not sure what motherboard is there any way to check?? and my margin around 100 pounds to 200 pounds

Ok, I just want your motherboard just to double check it can support a certain type of Graphics Card, PCI-E (99% sure it should)

go to Start Menu, Run and type in;

dxdiag

Click ok if a little message comes up.

On the first page, look for "System Model" thats your motherboard ID, pass me that and I can check.

Chaoz`
21 Dec 2010, 08:40am
or just install EVEREST, it's a good prog, with it you can find anything about your PC

Shadowex3
21 Dec 2010, 11:13pm

You said you made your computer and that you understand complex tech in the OP. Now you're telling us you don't even know what your motherboard is and you're running a prebuilt.

If you're not going to be straight with us why should we work with you. I was hesitant to leave this thread be to begin with since this sort of "gee what should I buy guys" thread goes in Tech Talk. People come to this forum when they honestly need help. PM me a good reason to unlock this thread, if you want amusement go post in Off Topic, other people come here when they genuinely need assistance, threads like this just make it harder for them to get it.