PDA

View Full Version : SG job openings

barackobama
13 Dec 2010, 01:47am
I have a few "job" openings at SG.

Events teams (3 people needed)

This person is responsible for managing all special events within the community including the scrim league.

Manage/Promote special events on our servers
Monitor Scrim League and Tournaments
Handle match disputes within the SGSL
Monitor scrim servers for readiness and manage demo's
Remove teams from the scrim league who do not meet min. requirements
Make sure servers are ready for all special events
Schedule events to fill servers in need via the steam community

Technical admin (1 person needed)

This position was formed to help improve our gaming environment and increase response time to server issues. *

Fix technical issues that arise day to day (servers/site)
Research mods, scripts and plugin to improve our servers
Develop solutions to improve our servers/mods performance
Discover and fix exploits against our servers/sites
Assist in data backup operations for the communities data

* You must have at least 1 year experience with servers, know how to create them, upload mods, fix issues, be open minded and have interesting ideas, be able to work with a team who are on different time zones.

PLEASE APPLY FOR ALL JOBS HERE: http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=36

Kiwi
13 Dec 2010, 05:26am
You better sign up for EC, FM.

Metal
13 Dec 2010, 05:36am
You better sign up for EC, FM.

I did.

@Garf

Thanks for the update and post.
Hopefully we can get a new team added with the old.

Svendy
13 Dec 2010, 07:57am
more techies? when did you guys last tell me to fix anything?

Zaraki
13 Dec 2010, 08:16am

Seems somebody feels jealous ;)

Paralyzed
13 Dec 2010, 08:37am
Seems somebody feels jealous ;)

/facepalm

He's just trying to make a point there...

Drox
13 Dec 2010, 11:42am
Good luck to those applying

Tweezy
13 Dec 2010, 12:07pm
I've applied for TA!!! I hope I get it, it'll look good on my CV :L (I think it would?)

b0red
13 Dec 2010, 12:11pm
Might as well apply for EC. I would've gone for TA but I don't know web coding just a lot of networking mumbo jumbo.

Metal
13 Dec 2010, 12:52pm
Hopefully they look though the apps with care.
Also when is the deadline?

Dead Eye
13 Dec 2010, 01:07pm
sounds pretty cool

Prez
13 Dec 2010, 01:15pm
Cool, I'll have friends! :D

b0red
13 Dec 2010, 01:37pm
I expect to be payed minimum wage garf for my EC job.

darth jacen
13 Dec 2010, 01:39pm
I signed up for EC. Yay me.

Matt
13 Dec 2010, 01:49pm
EC singed up :D

starbucks
13 Dec 2010, 02:21pm
Cool, I'll have friends! :D

:wondering:

Kaos
13 Dec 2010, 04:43pm
Ive been trying to get a spot on the SG team forever..but to be honest, i dont know if i can do everything the Event Coordinator needs to do.

But if you ever need someone to arrange, announce, and create events, let me know! Good Luck with finding people for the job positions.

Bob Loblaw
13 Dec 2010, 05:13pm

They know you wouldn't be able to do it anyways. That's why they don't come to you :)

Lucid
13 Dec 2010, 05:50pm
Meh, I don't really have the time to do any of those jobs currently.

Good luck to those applying!

Team Norway
13 Dec 2010, 08:24pm
I've applied for TA!!! I hope I get it, it'll look good on my CV :L (I think it would?)

Arent you and virus busy with the constantly crashing mc servers....im just saying...:madgrin:

Lemonstein
13 Dec 2010, 08:50pm
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4299730/become-tech-admin-fuck-up-the-servers.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Advice-Dog

also ill apply for president. Lemonstein for 2011?

Neutronrocks
13 Dec 2010, 09:17pm
El Oh El I would just want to create events to fill up servers liek PB and ESCAPE and maybe REG....

Scrim wha?

Matt
13 Dec 2010, 09:33pm
Im curious to know how many people signed up for both at the end :P
GL every1

Vinny
13 Dec 2010, 11:39pm
I applied, been a long time since i've been on here :P

Tweezy
14 Dec 2010, 01:41am
Arent you and virus busy with the constantly crashing mc servers....im just saying...:madgrin:

HA! I don't constantly crash it, anyway I've had loads of spare times this week or so, not behind in any assignments so I think this would be my best chance to apply!

I applied, been a long time since i've been on here :P

Holy fucking shit... WELCOME BACK MAN!

ScubaToaster
14 Dec 2010, 05:04am
Good Luck to all who applied. :)

Kaos
14 Dec 2010, 11:21am
Ive been trying to get a spot on the SG team forever..but to be honest, i dont know if i can do everything the Event Coordinator needs to do.

But if you ever need someone to arrange, announce, and create events, let me know! Good Luck with finding people for the job positions.

Thinking back on it, if that last part is what you need an EC to do, ill be glad to do it! So i guess im applying then.. :D

Zaraki
14 Dec 2010, 11:50am
http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4299730/become-tech-admin-fuck-up-the-servers.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Advice-Dog

also ill apply for president. Lemonstein for 2011?

Ok, Lemonstein has brought something interesting in my perspective. A yearly election for "President of SG" should be cool. I know Garfield has paid a lot for this community and we're all grateful for that, but having BD's and higher put everything in their work and show us that they can lead SG, should be the best.

Again, i'm not saying this should be done fast, but if there would be support for this, i wouldn't say no. I think Garfield is doing a great job, of course there are others who think he's doing worse than Haggard or idk...

The candidates (BD+) can announce their decision to put themselves up to be President. (Male of Female, it doesn't matter but now there are only male BD's+).

Btw ty garfield for letting people apply for a job, i'm sure there are going to be enough candidates for the jobs, but in the end we must look at the future of SG and not who is the less or most popular person around here.

:thumb:

Bullet Wound
14 Dec 2010, 12:01pm
Ok, Lemonstein has brought something interesting in my perspective. A yearly election for "President of SG" should be cool. I know Garfield has paid a lot for this community and we're all grateful for that, but having BD's and higher put everything in their work and show us that they can lead SG, should be the best.

Again, i'm not saying this should be done fast, but if there would be support for this, i wouldn't say no. I think Garfield is doing a great job, of course there are others who think he's doing worse than Haggard or idk...

The candidates (BD+) can announce their decision to put themselves up to be President. (Male of Female, it doesn't matter but now there are only male BD's+).

Btw ty garfield for letting people apply for a job, i'm sure there are going to be enough candidates for the jobs, but in the end we must look at the future of SG and not who is the less or most popular person around here.

And make it so its 5$ a vote?

You'd also just end up getting someone who probably has no idea how servers work, bills, etc, becoming one of the people in charge of everything.

jeN
14 Dec 2010, 12:06pm
You know who would make a really good President? Someone who falls to troll bait so easily they end up getting themselves banned off the forums.

b0red
14 Dec 2010, 12:13pm
why is everyone using big text
the only person who pulls it off is IJ

Zaraki
14 Dec 2010, 12:22pm
You know who would make a really good President? Someone who falls to troll bait so easily they end up getting themselves banned off the forums.

I'm serious about this..
See, this kind of comments and looking to your rank makes me unable to gave an appropriate reaction to it.

Because i would be seen as a ̿ ̿|̿ ̿ |̿ ̿ ̿\ |͇̿ ͇̿ ͇̿||͇ ͇ |͇ ͇ .

:(

jeN
14 Dec 2010, 12:36pm
why is everyone using big text
the only person who pulls it off is IJ

mine got big when i quoted zaraki and i just said fuckit.

Lemonstein
14 Dec 2010, 12:50pm
mine got big when i quoted zaraki and i just said fuckit.

taken out of context, this is hilarious

Zaraki
14 Dec 2010, 12:53pm

Had a grin on my face too when i read it xD :thumb:

Nuada DarkHaven
14 Dec 2010, 01:03pm

I was going to post about it, but it was just so obvious. I lol'd

jeN
14 Dec 2010, 01:08pm
TOO EASY.

Metal
14 Dec 2010, 02:18pm
Also, quit trying.

DOUBLE POST!

BANNNNNNNNNN

Chaos
14 Dec 2010, 06:00pm
how about a person to clean up the forums, getting it updated and full use out of our site.

TheVirus
14 Dec 2010, 06:09pm
how about a person to clean up the forums, getting it updated and full use out of our site.

I say we contact Allan.

Chaos
14 Dec 2010, 06:24pm
cool, as long as something is happening.. and as soon as whoever moderates the community suggestion section accepts my thread, you all can see just a few simple things that need doing

Vinny
14 Dec 2010, 06:37pm
HA! I don't constantly crash it, anyway I've had loads of spare times this week or so, not behind in any assignments so I think this would be my best chance to apply!

Holy fucking shit... WELCOME BACK MAN!

Thanks for the warm welcome back :)

Neji
14 Dec 2010, 06:54pm
me

Trogdor
14 Dec 2010, 07:30pm
me

THIS GUY..

Bob Loblaw
14 Dec 2010, 10:45pm

Just a bad idea overall :\

Mr. Moop
14 Dec 2010, 11:35pm
I would sign for tech admin, but I don't meet the 1 year requirement. I have some experience. I have around 3 months experience. It's a job I would like in the future though; its not too difficult.

Metal
15 Dec 2010, 05:10am

Bad idea is so bad.

People would just vote on random.

Huwajux
15 Dec 2010, 08:53am

lolno

Spjerre
15 Dec 2010, 12:25pm
lolno

Huwajux for president

Zaraki
15 Dec 2010, 03:22pm
Just a bad idea overall :\

It was just a plain raw idea, no biggie ;)

Bad idea is so bad.

People would just vote on random.

That's not true, people would gain something... i see Ngo giving away PS3's, Niko giving away Fleshlights and Jen telling people that she will show her boobs if they vote for her... in the dreamfuture...

lolno

Let's continue playing WoW shall we? ;)

Spiffy
15 Dec 2010, 03:41pm

That's not true, people would gain something... i see Ngo giving away PS3's, Niko giving away Fleshlights and Jen telling people that she will show her boobs if they vote for her... in the dreamfuture...

You should think before you say anything. Exclaiming something as a raw idea doesn't make it better.

b0red
15 Dec 2010, 03:47pm
zaraki why do you use so many ;)
you use at least one a post on a normal day

Metal
15 Dec 2010, 04:23pm

RAW ideas are useless, think it though.

What does Ngo giving PS3's away, Niko and fleshlights and jen showing tits or gtfo have to due with what you said?

That all being said

OT:

I like how the current staff are doing things.
It might not seem like they are doing much but WE know it is a lot of work behind the scenes.

Props to higher ups.

Trogdor
15 Dec 2010, 05:40pm
I like how the current staff are doing things.
It might not seem like they are doing much but WE know it is a lot of work behind the scenes.
Props to higher ups.

Once you don't get one of the job openings, jump back on the "corrupt higher up" bandwagon instead of ass kissing.

b0red
15 Dec 2010, 06:03pm
HE WEnT THERE

Nasu
16 Dec 2010, 06:06am
zaraki why do you use so many ;)
you use at least one a post on a normal day

yes, it's very annoying and there's no way to take your posts seriously

Huwajux
16 Dec 2010, 07:59am
Once you don't get one of the job openings, jump back on the "corrupt higher up" bandwagon instead of ass kissing.
Oh snap, crackle and pop!

Metal
16 Dec 2010, 01:01pm

Pfh.
I dont see how SG's higher ups are corrupt to begin with.
Also i dont ass kiss, i just say it how i think it is.

Also. I like bandwagons

Zaraki
16 Dec 2010, 01:13pm
yes, it's very annoying and there's no way to take your posts seriously

That's the problem to begin with.

People take me too seriously xD
I'm not on the internet to be the serious kid that does nothing but gaming.

/Sorry

:frown:

P3rg3
16 Dec 2010, 01:39pm
That's the problem to begin with.

I'm not on the internet to be the serious kid that does nothing but gaming.

/Sorry

:frown:

Oh.

Trogdor
16 Dec 2010, 01:49pm
Pfh.
I dont see how SG's higher ups are corrupt to begin with.

:smash:

starbucks
16 Dec 2010, 02:11pm

I learned my lesson, did you?

Zaraki
16 Dec 2010, 03:49pm
I learned my lesson, did you?

Obviously you're playing cool at the forums because on steam you're kissing ass.

Ty

And P3rg3, look who started now ;)

Hypocrits... you have them in all standards :thumb:

Prez
16 Dec 2010, 04:16pm
Obviously you're playing cool at the forums because on steam you're kissing ass.

Ty

And P3rg3, look who started now ;)

Hypocrits... you have them in all standards :thumb:

Four words.

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

There, I put it bluntly. Stop being the firestarter. They're obviously trying to keep it OFF the forums, yet you seem to have not learned your lesson yet. Keep it off here, talk on steam, whatever. Just cut it out on here, got it?

Zaraki
16 Dec 2010, 04:22pm
Four words.

Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

There, I put it bluntly. Stop being the firestarter. They're obviously trying to keep it OFF the forums, yet you seem to have not learned your lesson yet. Keep it off here, talk on steam, whatever. Just cut it out on here, got it?

Yeah that's k, but i'm just saying that this is a perfect example of hypocrism.
Since i have exams i say "Fuck this" and it's time to study.

And saying i can't defend myself is very mature.
Goodnight everybody,

Let's get BACK TO TOPIC ->

jeN
16 Dec 2010, 07:22pm
i hate you all.

ScubaToaster
16 Dec 2010, 07:23pm
i hate you all.

I love you. So it's a mutual love-hate relationship?

jeN
16 Dec 2010, 07:23pm
I love you. So it's a mutual love-hate relationship?

i may not have been 100% serious, so it's up to you to decide i suppose.

ScubaToaster
16 Dec 2010, 07:25pm
i may not have been 100% serious, so it's up to you to decide i suppose.

Mmk.

efrozen
16 Dec 2010, 09:22pm
pretty sure im perfect for both jobs..

Metal
16 Dec 2010, 09:36pm
I love how this thread is showing garf our true colors.
\great way to pick the right people.

Neji
17 Dec 2010, 05:24am

lol'd

I say we pick Starbucks he's austrian, and that will be our first AO from other country then USA, Canada and UK.

TheVirus
17 Dec 2010, 08:23am
I'd ban each and every one of you if I could. Stop being a bunch of children and learn to get along with others.

Tweezy
17 Dec 2010, 08:57am
I'd ban each and every one of you if I could. Stop being a bunch of children and learn to get along with others.

I've already given an infraction to Zaraki... When will he learn to shut it and stop baiting...

jeN
17 Dec 2010, 11:45am
I've already given an infraction to Zaraki... When will he learn to shut it and stop baiting...

i've told them all to ignore/block each other, so hopefully soon!

Tweezy
17 Dec 2010, 01:17pm
i've told them all to ignore/block each other, so hopefully soon!

Lets hope so...

Ngo
17 Dec 2010, 02:42pm
me, pick me

Lucas15
17 Dec 2010, 10:29pm
me, pick me

I don't know what position you applied for, but you seem to be one of the most active adn dedicated people in SG and, I know my say doesn't count at all but, I would say to accept you.

Ngo
17 Dec 2010, 10:38pm
I don't know what position you applied for, but you seem to be one of the most active adn dedicated people in SG and, I know my say doesn't count at all but, I would say to accept you.

lolwat

Lucas15
18 Dec 2010, 12:17am
lolwat

Nevermind. My recommendation for you is now bye-bye. :censored:

Mystique
18 Dec 2010, 05:14am
lol'd

I say we pick Starbucks he's austrian, and that will be our first AO from other country then USA, Canada and UK.

You are wrong there sir... I was AO and live in a different country other than USA, Canada or UK..

Kaos
18 Dec 2010, 07:58am
You are wrong there sir... I was AO and live in a different country other than USA, Canada or UK..

Yeah..its weird seeing you with a blue title above your name.

Stevee
22 Dec 2010, 11:29am

On your cv? Lol
"Helped fix a server so some gamers can continue throwing their life away :L "

Mr. Moop
23 Dec 2010, 11:26pm
I really wanted that Technical Admin spot, but my lack of time spent with servers isn't up to par. I will hopefully snatch the next opening..

Spiffy
4 Jan 2011, 12:14pm
Is there any word on this?

Chobber
4 Jan 2011, 03:31pm
Is there any word on this?

The word is 'no'.

Spiffy
4 Jan 2011, 04:13pm
The word is 'no'.

Thanks, Dick!