PDA

View Full Version : CS 1.6 ZM Server

2DG
11 Dec 2010, 01:25am
I was thinking, it would be very nice if there was a CS 1.6 ZM server, I loved those more than any other ZM server around, ever, theres alot of great maps around, and it's more fun and more challenging than css ZM/ZE.

There are serveral fun mods that can spice up the gameplay a bit, this can include, but is not limited to :
-Unlimited ammo clips
-Currency called ammo packs that can be used to buy serveral good stuff, including the para, longjump, multijump, and that kind of stuff, and yes, might you be a zombie theres things like infection grenade, speaks for itself pretty much, and antidote, to turn yourself back into human, and last but not least, zombie madness, this makes you invincible for a short period of time and you get a red glow, usefull to hijack humans that you can't get because they shoot you back.
-Rather than just opening a vote, it asks, do you want a mapvote, so you are never limited to a timer if everyone wants to stay on the map.
-Multiple zombie classes, and possibly human classes, zombie classes can be completely modified or removed, same for human classes, you can set their gravity, speed, knockback and health, differend for every class.

This all comes with A LOT of fun, so why not give it a try.

2DG
19 Dec 2010, 07:15am
Bump

Jazz
19 Dec 2010, 08:12am
Yeah, I played this today with 3DG. Man, it was the bomb. I have to say I enjoyed it more than I enjoy playing ze nowadays. There's so much you can do, and its all very simple. The ammo pack is a feature that gives you advantages as a player such as unlimited ammo as 3DG said, and the better the advantages, the more ammo packs you've got to have. You get ammo packs when you kill zombies or humans or do damage to zombies.

It is worth a shot but we need to have players for this.

Nasu
19 Dec 2010, 08:56am
It was so much fun few years back and it brings back good memories :P

The maps were also very good and you actually killed zombies there.

Neutronrocks
22 Dec 2010, 07:20pm
Aren't people like not actively finding new CS 1.6 servers, and are just continuing to play on old ones?

b0red
22 Dec 2010, 07:21pm
CS 1.6 servers take a lot less resources so we might as well give it a shot

Harry
22 Dec 2010, 07:23pm
Aren't people like not actively finding new CS 1.6 servers, and are just continuing to play on old ones?
Pretty much. The CS 1.6 master-server list is filled with fakes (fake-clients, redirects, etc.), and Valve doesn't really care. Quite sad. :(

b0red
22 Dec 2010, 07:26pm
Pretty much. The CS 1.6 master-server list is filled with fakes (fale-clients, redirects, etc.), and Valve doesn't really care. Quite sad. :(

90% are bots and redirects
its so annoying

2DG
23 Dec 2010, 12:13am
90% are bots and redirects
its so annoying
This is probably the reason I'd like SG to have a cs 1.6 ZM server.

About the redirects, it's easy to recognize it, first of all, those always have the "to good to be true" maps up.
Second, they ALWAYS have 1 slot free.

Matt
23 Dec 2010, 10:15am
in my opinion I dont think that a lot of people in SG have cs 1.6 so it wudnt be worth money we have great servers right now aswell though :D

2DG
23 Dec 2010, 11:12am
in my opinion I dont think that a lot of people in SG have cs 1.6 so it wudnt be worth money we have great servers right now aswell though :D

Let me quote this to you, sir.

CS 1.6 servers take a lot less resources so we might as well give it a shot

Matt
23 Dec 2010, 11:24am
Let me quote this to you, sir.

LOL but the thing is its not up to us :P

2DG
23 Dec 2010, 11:56am

Yes, but trust me, alot of people do actually have cs 1.6, alot of people started off with cs 1.6 and got css later, and if this server wouldn't be set it, it shouldn't have been because of the whiners who don't have cs 1.6.
Since I bet this might actually work.

Matt
23 Dec 2010, 12:00pm
u need sum one higher like a bd to set everything and im sure there as busy as always

2DG
23 Dec 2010, 12:40pm
u need sum one higher like a bd to set everything and im sure there as busy as always

Isn't that why I posted it here in the first place?
xD

BrickMaster
23 Dec 2010, 02:17pm
I'm willing to re-install CS1.6 if SG opens up a ZM server for it. It was really fun and possibly could fill up in under 10 minutes.

Matt
23 Dec 2010, 02:32pm
I'm willing to re-install CS1.6 if SG opens up a ZM server for it. It was really fun and possibly could fill up in under 10 minutes.

LOL willing xD thats very helpful LOL sry but i find it way to funny

Jazz
23 Dec 2010, 04:04pm
That's why we post suggestions, so the BD's can see this and enforce.

LOL willing xD thats very helpful LOL sry but i find it way to funny

wat

Troy
24 Dec 2010, 12:15am
lets get our escape server's player base back first

not really sure about this, I've only played 1.6 zm once before, also really don't think theres much people that are willing to play it within our community, probaly really wont go anywhere and maybe not worth the hassle

2DG
24 Dec 2010, 12:21am
lets get our escape server's player base back first

not really sure about this, I've only played 1.6 zm once before, also really don't think theres much people that are willing to play it within our community, probaly really wont go anywhere and maybe not worth the hassle

Cs 1.6 ZM is VERY different of css ze, and, it's probably one of the most addicting games I've played.

Neutronrocks
24 Dec 2010, 04:12pm
1. SG opens up CS 1.6 ZM Server
2. I buy CS 1.6
3. I play on the ZM server
4. ZM server loses population
5. ???
6. Profit!?

2DG
25 Dec 2010, 12:08pm
1. SG opens up CS 1.6 ZM Server
2. I buy CS 1.6
3. I play on the ZM server
4. ZM server loses population
5. ???
6. Profit!?

Trust me, aslong as you put some neat mods on it, it'll populate itself, somewhat with english people, since foreigners don't want to play on english cs 1.6 servers, aka rid of the morons, and the english people who DO like cs, will come play at cs 1.6.
Aka it WILL stay alive, since english people WILL come and will keep coming, even if they're not in SG.

Nasu
26 Dec 2010, 08:30am
Link :

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72505

2DG
26 Dec 2010, 08:55am
Link :

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=72505

Thank you.

Bob Loblaw
27 Dec 2010, 10:34am
I could see this failing, or not. I mean, on one hand it'll be hard to get a playerbase because like you guys said, people play on certain servers.. But not many remain, and if we did get a playerbase, we would likely be able to hold the server for a while since it's already old and it won't "die after the hype" since the hype was LONGGGG over.

2DG
27 Dec 2010, 11:00am
I could see this failing, or not. I mean, on one hand it'll be hard to get a playerbase because like you guys said, people play on certain servers.. But not many remain, and if we did get a playerbase, we would likely be able to hold the server for a while since it's already old and it won't "die after the hype" since the hype was LONGGGG over.

Because of the high amount of fake servers, english communities have started to leave cs 1.6, however, if we actually do get a server here, we will easily get a playerbase of english-speaking people, because it is VERY annoying to play on an hungarian server, like I used to do. (now the fuckers made it hungerian only)

2DG
29 Mar 2011, 10:16am
Bump, I REALLY feel this should be considered.

Tweezy
29 Mar 2011, 10:20am
Bump, I REALLY feel this should be considered.

I think it's been said that we will never get 1.6 servers.

2DG
29 Mar 2011, 10:27am
I think it's been said that we will never get 1.6 servers.

I still think ZM should be given a shot, like it was said in this topic it barely uses any resources and I bet, EVERYONE who has ever played it likes it.

Bethy
29 Mar 2011, 10:53am
I'd rather napalm on CS:S.

Suicide
29 Mar 2011, 11:35am
Not many people from SG play 1.6 as far as I know, but getting the server isn't a bad idea.

Jazz
29 Mar 2011, 12:59pm
No, many people do have 1.6 and if they don't, it only costs like 10 bucks lol
This will succed, I'm sure

Suicide
29 Mar 2011, 01:52pm
No, many people do have 1.6 and if they don't, it only costs like 10 bucks lol
This will succed, I'm sure

Meh, true.

HZK
30 Mar 2011, 11:03am
I'd rather we focus On CSS.

1.6 is a great game, don't get me wrong. It's just that I think we should continue to pay attention to the CS:S servers right now.
But this would be a good future idea.

Suicide
30 Mar 2011, 02:01pm
I'd rather we focus On CSS.

1.6 is a great game, don't get me wrong. It's just that I think we should continue to pay attention to the CS:S servers right now.
But this would be a good future idea.

I hate to agree, but I do. Focusing where most players play is a lot better.

2DG
30 Mar 2011, 02:52pm

Even though theres more people playing cs 1.6 than css?
If we stick to css we will just keep having the same people who just think, OH HEY, lets join another server of steamgamers.
However if we get cs 1.6 servers we might actually get NEW players.

Alucard
30 Mar 2011, 02:55pm

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
oh look 1.6 is one of the most played :O!!

HZK
31 Mar 2011, 07:28am
Personally I meant we should build our current servers up more rather than get a mass of servers.

Quality over Quantity.

2DG
31 Mar 2011, 07:54am
Personally I meant we should build our current servers up more rather than get a mass of servers.

Quality over Quantity.

While, at first sight you might consider cs 1.6 as low quality, these are GREAT, alot of fun and they STAY fun.
The servers can even be modified with certain items, zombie races etc. etc.

Suicide
31 Mar 2011, 07:55am
Even though theres more people playing cs 1.6 than css?
If we stick to css we will just keep having the same people who just think, OH HEY, lets join another server of steamgamers.
However if we get cs 1.6 servers we might actually get NEW players.

Well I like the idea of the server itself, but I said "at this moment" we should worry about CSS.

high rws
31 Mar 2011, 10:55am
I disagree. I think cs 1.6 zombie mod is awful. The whole ammo pack shit with knife blink shit and unlimited ammo with rocket launchers sounds so fun but it's really the most aggravating shit ever. It's impossible for zombies to win even if there's only one guy with ammo packs holding them off. Not fun at all.

I would agree if they released a classic zombie mod with no ammo pack BS. no parachutes..etc

Nasu
1 Apr 2011, 08:12am
I disagree. I think cs 1.6 zombie mod is awful. The whole ammo pack shit with knife blink shit and unlimited ammo with rocket launchers sounds so fun but it's really the most aggravating shit ever. It's impossible for zombies to win even if there's only one guy with ammo packs holding them off. Not fun at all.

I would agree if they released a classic zombie mod with no ammo pack BS. no parachutes..etc

Depends entirely on the server settings + there are many differrent mods for rounds

Paul
5 Apr 2011, 10:26am
If we are going to launch any other zombie server in the future it will be for CSS or another independent mod. Not 1.6.