PDA

View Full Version : Snowballs in TTT!

Harry
1 Dec 2010, 11:21am
wtf Spartan. Did you intentionally do this, or is Garry being silly?

http://i.imgur.com/v9iZe.jpg

:D

Ronen
1 Dec 2010, 11:26am
Not sure but me and marshall had an Incediary snowball fight XD!!!

Harry
1 Dec 2010, 11:33am
Not sure but me and marshall had an Incediary snowball fight XD!!!
Lol, I can see how many people will cry about RDM when they can't tell if someone threw a discombob, smoke, or incid :P

And knives are candy-canes, C4 is a present, and I think there might be another...

Oh, and sometimes people will have a huge error box over their head.
http://i.imgur.com/wy0d1.jpg (still there after he dropped all items and went holstered; went away when killed)

Kiwi
1 Dec 2010, 12:37pm
horiday

Paralyzed
1 Dec 2010, 01:04pm
Woww, it's time for me to join TTT any time again!

jeN
1 Dec 2010, 01:55pm
Cute

iNorris
1 Dec 2010, 02:24pm
It can't be Garry, I think. He said he wasn't doing any updates for about two weeks.

Sandvich
1 Dec 2010, 02:47pm
Lmao looks awesome! Now im joining TTT as soon as possible xD

Sai
1 Dec 2010, 03:47pm
Awesome snowballs now i can throw it at people and say i threw one and not an incendiary grenade >:D
OH shi-

Dirty Sanchez
1 Dec 2010, 04:01pm
Windows Classic/windowed game. I like you, Harry.

Bad Dog
1 Dec 2010, 04:02pm
Ya, incendiary/discomb/smoke "balls" are going to be easily mixed up.

Shits gonna go down, and its gonna go down HOLIDAY STYLE BITCH.

Harry
1 Dec 2010, 04:14pm
Windows Classic/windowed game. I like you, Harry.
^_^ It's nice isn't it? Easier to alt-tab and not the amount of screen-space wasted with Windows Aero.

Spartan
1 Dec 2010, 04:28pm
I did plan on makin the discombobulator the only snowball, but I thought what the hell just make them all snowballs. I like the look of it anyway. Actually makes me want to pick up and throw grenades now.

The c4 is by view model still c4, but other people will see you holding a present, however it's a bit strange as it doesn't hold correctly. More so it sits inside the body but I can't imagine it being to much of a problem. Atleast when you throw it and put it on a wall it's still a present.

The knife is still the knife except when you throw it. If you throw it and kill someone it will remain a candy cane in their body. But I don't really like the look of it. I'm thinking of changing it to the crowbar but again the view model doesn't work properly. Haven't tested it on the server yet so I will see.

I did also plan on making you all spawn with santa hats, which is that error you're seeing. The problem was I had put the models/materials to be force downloaded but it wasn't working properly so I took it off the server completely, except I forgot I left it in the lua folder. People were saying they could see some people with hats and others without. I figured in the end it was to buggy and annoying so I've now removed it completely.

I've been trying several santa skins but they've all proven bad. Missing textures or simply not working. Still looking for a good christmas model. If anyone wants to find one for me then feel free to post it.

I was also thinking of making the knife an icicle or something.

I also added 4 maps:

rp_christmastown
ttt_siege
ttt_arctic_complex
rp_richlandday

^ Yes Richland is back. Not christmas but people wanted it back. If it crashes a lot then don't say I didn't warn you.

I did also add a client side toggleble snow effect, but it crashes people's games when used so I took that of too -_-. Looked nice too, but oh well.

Feel free to add any suggestions for what I should add. Bear in mind I want to keep the downloads below 100. Atm it's like 50 or something.

Barber
2 Dec 2010, 10:37am
I did plan on makin the discombobulator the only snowball, but I thought what the hell just make them all snowballs. I like the look of it anyway. Actually makes me want to pick up and throw grenades now.

The c4 is by view model still c4, but other people will see you holding a present, however it's a bit strange as it doesn't hold correctly. More so it sits inside the body but I can't imagine it being to much of a problem. Atleast when you throw it and put it on a wall it's still a present.

The knife is still the knife except when you throw it. If you throw it and kill someone it will remain a candy cane in their body. But I don't really like the look of it. I'm thinking of changing it to the crowbar but again the view model doesn't work properly. Haven't tested it on the server yet so I will see.

I did also plan on making you all spawn with santa hats, which is that error you're seeing. The problem was I had put the models/materials to be force downloaded but it wasn't working properly so I took it off the server completely, except I forgot I left it in the lua folder. People were saying they could see some people with hats and others without. I figured in the end it was to buggy and annoying so I've now removed it completely.

I've been trying several santa skins but they've all proven bad. Missing textures or simply not working. Still looking for a good christmas model. If anyone wants to find one for me then feel free to post it.

I also added 4 maps:

rp_christmastown
ttt_siege
ttt_arctic_complex
rp_richlandday
^ Yes Richland is back. Not christmas but people wanted it back. If it crashes a lot then don't say I didn't warn you.

I did also add a client side toggleble snow effect, but it crashes people's games when used so I took that of too -_-. Looked nice too, but oh well.

Feel free to add any suggestions for what I should add. Bear in mind I want to keep the downloads below 100. Atm it's like 50 or something.

You might have been informed already, but this maps crashes the server

Nasu
2 Dec 2010, 10:42am

I also added 4 maps:

rp_christmastown
ttt_siege
ttt_arctic_complex
rp_richlandday

You might have been informed already, but this maps crashes the server

=)

Harry
2 Dec 2010, 12:42pm
=)
So remove it, whoever suggested it is silly, now the server crashed and we lost half the people :(