PDA

View Full Version : New TTT server

Jazzyy
29 Nov 2010, 08:19pm
Any chance of changing Stranded into a second TTT server? But as a lower slot? 24 player TTT is terrible because of the micspam. and admins can't really mute people because they're usually legitimately talking.

Or possibly make TTT have a micspam limit, ie can't talk for more than X amount of time.
Or add local channels, ie so you don't hear X person from X distance away.

Caution
29 Nov 2010, 08:30pm
I don't think 24 is too much; I actually think it's quite perfect. Also, I don't even know if the local channel idea is possible, but it would be terrible anyway. I play in TTT almost daily and I never see that bad of a mic spam problem lol. I'm kind of on the fence about a new TTT server. It seems like a good idea, but I don't know if it would be as full as we'd like it to be.

FLOOD MOD PLEASE.

b0red
29 Nov 2010, 08:31pm
flood mod > 2nd ttt

floodmod is hilarious

Caution
29 Nov 2010, 08:33pm
flood mod > 2nd ttt

floodmod is hilarious

It really is. I think SG would love a flood mod.

Bad Dog
29 Nov 2010, 08:51pm
What is flood mod exactly?

Also: Second TTT mod wouldnt be worthwhile, this has been discussed a lot.

Caution
29 Nov 2010, 08:55pm
What is flood mod exactly?

Also: Second TTT mod wouldnt be worthwhile, this has been discussed a lot.

You get money at the beginning of the round (forget exactly how it's distributed, but you gain more for destroying things, surviving, etc.). With that money, you can buy either weapons, or props.

Props are used to build boats. Each prop has a certain amount of health to it, and people use their weapons to shoot the props and destroy them. People team up and go on boats or betray another by destroying their boats. Weapons can't hurt people, only props. The water damages you rapidly, so you can't survive long when your boat is destroyed.

TLDR: Fucking pirates, man.

EhyexgdTe0c

Jazzyy
29 Nov 2010, 09:07pm
that vid makes it look hella laggy.

Caution
29 Nov 2010, 09:07pm
It's really not...at least not in the 100+ times I've ever played it.

Jazzyy
29 Nov 2010, 09:22pm
id be willing to try this if its fun. gonna find a server tomorrow

Metal
29 Nov 2010, 09:29pm
TTT2 would be nice, but flood looks FUN.

Can we?

Nuada DarkHaven
29 Nov 2010, 09:42pm
I don't think a 2nd TTT would be as fun. However, flood looks cool. I'd give it a shot.

Huwajux
30 Nov 2010, 11:58am
Flood looks a bit...repetitive?

Methelod
30 Nov 2010, 12:30pm
Second TTT? Hasn't this been discussed and shotdown time and time again, flood mod when it works is fun.

duhoh
30 Nov 2010, 12:40pm
not against flood mod, but what about a custom TTT?

Bad Dog
30 Nov 2010, 02:46pm
not against flood mod, but what about a custom TTT?

As in custom weaponry for Ts and Detectives? I dont think that would warrent its own server. Most custom weapons that I've seen are radically different, they are just more/less powerful than their vanilla version

Methelod
30 Nov 2010, 02:48pm
I, and this is just my opinion, like having variety over having space in a second server, besides what happens if there arn't enough people to actually keep the second server populated? TTT may be near full all the time but that doesn't guarantee that there are enough people that are trying to get in the server.

Paralyzed
30 Nov 2010, 02:53pm
One of the TTT servers will die (as in popularity) if you'll create 2 TTT servers. If you could get the one we have, full most of the time (what only happens at certain points) then I would've supported this idea.. but for now I'll have to say no.

Metal
30 Nov 2010, 08:18pm
One of the TTT servers will die (as in popularity) if you'll create 2 TTT servers. If you could get the one we have, full most of the time (what only happens at certain points) then I would've supported this idea.. but for now I'll have to say no.

TTT #1 24 slot
TTT #2 16 slot.

Jelly?

Kiwi
30 Nov 2010, 08:38pm
TTT #1 24 slot
TTT #2 16 slot.

Jelly?

Sadly full, it's never going to happen. :frown: =(

Metal
30 Nov 2010, 08:43pm
Sadly full, it's never going to happen. :frown: =(

thats what they said for TF2 and Black ops and GG and Breakfloor etc etc

Kiwi
30 Nov 2010, 08:51pm
thats what they said for TF2 and Black ops and GG and Breakfloor etc etc

BUT THIS IS FOR REALS.

Sai
30 Nov 2010, 10:24pm
I wouldnt prefer another TTT server. Like everyone said, it may make one of the 2 servers die. I prefer flood. I like flood.

D-Team oll
1 Dec 2010, 03:31am
if ya wana try some flood go to 173.60.104.220:27024

Methelod
1 Dec 2010, 04:50am
Since noone apparently reads the stranded forum, we can't just switch the server everytime it dies,we have to figure out WHY its dead and improve upon that because this sercers has gone through 3 game modes, everytime we we switch its going to kill the server more and more, but a second TTT as has been said before might split the population, therefor I say we find a different gamemode, pick it and actually improve upon it instead of switching it everytime it fails. There are succesful darkRP servers, probably some successful fretta servers, stranded servers etc.

UltimateCookieShark
1 Dec 2010, 06:49am
a 2nd ttt server is just useless having the same server twice when u can have diferent gamemodes

Spartan
1 Dec 2010, 04:38pm
It would be ignorant to say having two ttt servers would fail, but I can literally predict in almost full confidence, it would fail. Why? Take a look back in SG's server history.

Zombie Escape server #1 always full.
Zombie Escape server #2 around half full.

Minigames server #1 Always heavily populated.
Minigames server #2 Always constantly dying. (Was alright at first but then died)

Pb #1 Full
Pb #2 Good to begin but then starting lacking in players.

Etc.

Almost always the second server is dead. Simply because people would rather play the more populated one, and leave the other one they joined. To me, I would always join the second one if the first one was full and constantly check if the first one had a slot open and then immediately join. Was just a waiting area if you ask me.

I can think of so many servers/gamemodes that have failed and the ones that have prospered. Stranded, like darkrp, like fretta, like winter survival, is just not to the same standard as ttt. TTT is the gamemode that is most populated and something tells me that's why it's good atm. Any second gamemode we have will just be that 'little something extra' that you might want to check out, but then go back to ttt cuz more ppl play it.

Kaos
1 Dec 2010, 07:18pm
Please, for all that is good in SG, DO NOT make a second TTT server!! TTT is the one thing that is pretty much all around successful! If we have two TTT servers, it could harm what we already have going. That, and TTT is usually only around 20/24 anyways!!

Simply because people would rather play the more populated one, and leave the other one they joined. To me, I would always join the second one if the first one was full and constantly check if the first one had a slot open and then immediately join. Was just a waiting area if you ask me.

Couldnt have said it better, Spartan!

**Lover of TTT - Est. early 2010**:love: