PDA

View Full Version : Maplist?

Jazzyy
24 Nov 2010, 09:31am
Hi. I noticed that downloading maps doesn't work for me (or is this just me? :[)
I was hoping an admin could drop me the maplist so I could compile the maps on a list and I could post it and allow people to download with ease.

If it's just me: nevermind :)

cohuge
24 Nov 2010, 10:27am
Happens to me sometimes too. I would like it if they did that for other servers also.

Spartan
25 Nov 2010, 08:01am
It's just you. I download maps fine from it and I've not heard any problems about it. The only way a map wouldn't be downloaded would be if it said "Missing map *mapname*" or "Your version if this map is different from the servers".

If you're getting the first, that means the map is not on fast downloads, or the server is not linked with the fast downloads we have. Both are fine. All maps are bzipped and in the appropriate folders made. The server.cfg has the website url needed to download the maps from there.

If you're getting the second message, you need to delete the map in your maps folder for whatever map you can't download. Very rarely does this happen though.

If you're getting neither and your progress bar just isn't moving, then it could be many things.

- Your internet is shit.
- Your gmod is corrupt in which case reinstall.
- God hates you.

Please be a bit more specific about the problem.

Jazzyy
25 Nov 2010, 12:33pm
It hasn't happened all that much today, I'll try again sometime soon. All of yesterday it wouldn't work. So I dunno if I'm the only one having these massive gmod problems or what :x