PDA

View Full Version : Tell-A-Friend Program!

Chobber
20 Nov 2010, 06:45pm
Yeah, we could all use some time to relax, couldn't we, Garf? ;)
Anyways. Just because our mighty leader has chosen to take a couple of days off, doesn't mean that SG and the work behind the curtain stops! It is a great honor, that Itch and I can present

SteamGamers
Tell-A-Friend !
- - - - - -

As you know, here at SteamGamers we’re all about friends and fun – oh and drama, of course! Why not get more friends on here! That’s right! We’re officially launching a brand new Tell-A-Friend program. But wait! What will this get you besides new friends? Besides helping the community grow, you also get the shot at getting some nifty perks! See what we offer below this text!

How does this work, you ask?
I bet you have a friend from school or work that plays CS:S, GMod, Black Ops or Minecraft, all you have to do is to introduce them to our awesome community! And in addition to letting your friends know about the best damn community and the most awesome servers ever, we have found some different perks for you to achieve when referring new people to SteamGamers. For once you will get 1 raffle ticket for every 3 members you refer to SteamGamers who remain active. You can reach 3 levels as a referrer – bronze, silver and gold! Those will be rewarded by individual forum awards that look like this:

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab121/Kalidascorp/R%20Award%20Bars/R_Bronze5.png http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab121/Kalidascorp/R%20Award%20Bars/R_Silver5.png http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab121/Kalidascorp/R%20Award%20Bars/R_Gold5_2.png
BRONZE | SILVER | GOLD
5 | 10 | 15

As a little bonus; if you achieve gold status with this system, we offer you a reserved slot¹ on the SG servers that supports reserved slots!

And now to the important stuff – the raffle! For every 3 people you refer, that remain active within SG you get 1 ticket to the raffle. The prize in this raffle will be prizes worth a total of $50 for you to donate to SG or receive via the Steam Store or PayPal. Please note that this raffle will be held 3 months from now, as we have to see if the people you have referred really are active!

To be active with this program, you have to fulfil certain requirements within:

Game activity
Forum activity
Vent / social network activity

The activity will be closely monitored by the Marketing Administrators, and we alone will determine whether the person is active or not. We will make every effort to be as fair as possible and will listen and respond to any questions that arise.

When you refer a person to SG you should PM either of the Marketing Administrators with a link to the persons profile on the forums. The person will then be asked to fill out a form and from there the MAs will monitor the user!

General rules

Person must not already be registered on the forums.
Person must be active according to the activity rules within this program.
Person will still count as being referred by you despite what rank the person achieves.
Your referrals will only be taken into consideration for the raffle after 3 months period.
It is ok if the person has played on our servers in the past. - The primary requirement is that they have not previously visited the Forums/Ventrilo.
Marketing Administrators and PO’s reserve the right to remove you from the program. (IE: in cases of falsifying accounts, cheating the system, etc.)

FAQ.

Q. Who can I refer?
A. Everyone! But remember that they will only count as referred if they fulfil the activity requirements!

Q. What is in it for the person I referred?
A. We are currently working on expanding the raffle requirements so the people you refer can win prizes as well! Hang tight!
- The more active they become the more chances of winning they will have.

Q. I have a friend I would like to refer – what do I do?
A. You inform the person of SG and maybe also about the requirements for his or her activity. When the person registers at our forums, you should PM Chobber (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/member.php?u=1506) or Itch (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/member.php?u=742) with your friends name – they will take it from there and register the person as one of your referrals.

Q. I have referred 5/10/15 people but haven’t received my award/reserved slot!
A. Please PM Chobber (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/member.php?u=1506) or Itch (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/member.php?u=742) with as much information as possible and they will look into it!

Q. What happens to my referrals after the raffle?
A. You will start from scratch and refer new members before the next raffle!

If you have any questions, feel free to either catch us on steam, in a PM or in a comment here!

¹ - This only applies if you have a clean ban record.

Drox
20 Nov 2010, 06:46pm
What about people we have referred before this?

Chobber
20 Nov 2010, 06:47pm
What about people we have referred before this?

Those will unfortunately not, currently be taken into consideration at the given time. But I will keep it in mind as we go along!

Drox
20 Nov 2010, 06:49pm
Those will unfortunately not, currently be taken into consideration at the given time. But I will keep it in mind as we go along!

All well, no big deal since I only had 2 anyway according to my profile and I dont even know who they are. lol

MPQC
20 Nov 2010, 06:59pm
So I referred 17 people for nothing? That's fun.

Crimson
20 Nov 2010, 07:21pm
Good idea, although i have no friends :(

Trogdor
20 Nov 2010, 07:34pm
So I referred 17 people for nothing? That's fun.

You introduced them to such a wonderful community. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

MPQC
20 Nov 2010, 07:56pm
You introduced them to such a wonderful community. WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?

Many raffle tickets. =D

Harbor
20 Nov 2010, 10:21pm
time to make multiple accounts!

Itch
20 Nov 2010, 10:34pm
time to make multiple accounts!

I believe that is still considered reason to be banned.. And yes we will monitor that closely.

Troy
20 Nov 2010, 11:44pm
I believe that is still considered reason to be banned.. And yes we will monitor that closely.

NOT CLOSELY ENOUGH

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Boobcake
21 Nov 2010, 05:47am
Good idea, although i have no friends :(

ASK EMILY.

Nishok
21 Nov 2010, 07:32am
All my friends rather play the newest MMORPG named Real-Life :(

Banana Joe
21 Nov 2010, 08:01am
All my friends rather play the newest MMORPG named Real-Life :(

Never heard about that one... Is it good?

Riperzz
21 Nov 2010, 08:11am
So you get:

Bronze: 1 Referral
Silver: 2 Referrals
Gold: 3 Referrals
??

Sandvich
21 Nov 2010, 10:55am
Does my brother count? :o

Nishok
21 Nov 2010, 11:04am
Does my brother count? :o

If you can prove you have a brother and not just a second account, sure :p

Chobber
21 Nov 2010, 11:19am
So you get:

Bronze: 1 Referral
Silver: 2 Referrals
Gold: 3 Referrals
??

No the correct order is 5 - 10 - 15.. I will update OP..

Lux
21 Nov 2010, 02:13pm
I bet you have a friend from school or work that plays CS:S, GMod, Black Ops or Minecraft.

You just lost a bet!

Well....quite a lot have Black Ops but none on the PC, lol.

Chobber
21 Nov 2010, 02:18pm
You just lost a bet!

Well....quite a lot have Black Ops but none on the PC, lol.

So they did have Black Ops ;)
I didnt state anything about where they should have it :D

Lux
21 Nov 2010, 04:18pm
So they did have Black Ops ;)
I didnt state anything about where they should have it :D

"Hey come to SG....where they have no console based Black Ops servers :D"

Not the most attractive idea ;O

Micro
21 Nov 2010, 05:40pm
To make it easier, in the form to become a member add a part where it asks who they were refer'd by. It makes it easier to count who refer'd a certain amount of people.

König
23 Nov 2010, 04:02pm
To make it easier, in the form to become a member add a part where it asks who they were refer'd by. It makes it easier to count who refer'd a certain amount of people.

Don't they already have that??

mapper
24 Nov 2010, 04:45am
Chobber & Itch. I need to feliticate you. Nice system you have come up with. Very good idea !

vorter
27 Dec 2010, 08:40pm
LOL well then, how the heck will I get my friends to actually use a forum hehe

Lucas15
27 Dec 2010, 09:30pm
LOL well then, how the heck will I get my friends to actually use a forum hehe

Major bump for the win?

Kaos
27 Dec 2010, 10:40pm
Ive recommended SG to 4 people, who are all dedicated to the community. I dont want anything from SG, i think its just worth helping out around the community and letting it expand.

EDIT: Holy Fucking Bump. This threads time has passed. RIP