PDA

View Full Version : SG finances explained.

barackobama
18 Nov 2010, 05:59am
Just wanted to show you what your donations are spent on. SG is non profitable, if you think you can make profit from a gaming community, you must be crazy.

So here we go, In terms of servers

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad253/garfieldh2/Monthlybill.png

Terms of hosting

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad253/garfieldh2/payments11.png

Plus I will be taking on the black ops bill when it's up for renewal.

I also pay $100 out of my own pocket. But will stop this as it seems the community is getting enough use out of the second dedicated. Any short months I will cover.
So that total comes to $520+ any extra we make is saved and spent when needed, we're always upgrading stuff. Bought the skins for vb4, other small things that needed purchasing, plus around $150 in prize money for various competions.

Hope this is explained to all the people who give other people inaccurate information.

Chobber
18 Nov 2010, 06:04am
Great.. Donate moar!

barackobama
18 Nov 2010, 06:07am
Yeah, just wanted to clear some stuff up. I love SG too much to hear people saying I make profit off SG.

Paul
18 Nov 2010, 06:12am
Its rather sad (not you) that you had to prove this tbh.

barackobama
18 Nov 2010, 06:13am
Its rather sad (not you) that you had to prove this tbh.

I know.... But what has to be done, has to be done.

Delirium
18 Nov 2010, 06:19am
forgot the section that you pocket :)

jk

barackobama
18 Nov 2010, 06:24am
Just to add I paid £250 ( $450ish ) By cheque, towards the breast cancer charity. That's nearly $500! and I was only supposed to do $250 ( £100 )

Tweezy
18 Nov 2010, 06:32am
Never doubted you, lets hope this will sort out the cocks who thought you were pocketing money.

Chobber
18 Nov 2010, 06:36am
Just to add I paid £250 ( $450ish ) By cheque, towards the breast cancer charity. That's nearly $500! and I was only supposed to do. $250 ( £100 )

You do know that that breast cancer thing was a donation and not a payment for boobs, right?

barackobama
18 Nov 2010, 07:29am
You do know that that breast cancer thing was a donation and not a payment for boobs, right?

O shit!

Itch
18 Nov 2010, 07:45am
Sad to see that this is necessary. But glad to see that it done so that we can put rumors to rest.

Thanks for all you do! And a big thanks to all that support SG!

Irish
18 Nov 2010, 07:58am
Sigh hasn't Haggard already had to make a thread like this? Some people are just drama causing idiots and just need to go far far away. :thumb:

Also keep up the great work! Garf. :gtturtle:

u egg
18 Nov 2010, 08:23am
Just ban those who thinks SG is a scam :p I've always trusted in SG.

TheVirus
18 Nov 2010, 08:32am
Bullshit. We know you're making money. Hell, you're probably running the servers out of your office, and taking in all the cash. Those images look photoshopped and are probably old and you changed the dates. Also, it's convenient that you sent a 'check' to that charity, so much for proof, right?

I bet this website is hosted at your house. I also bet that Garfield is Astrum, Paul, etc just on alt accounts, just so he can give the presence of balance of power. If it looks like a duck, moves like a duck, and talks like a brit, it's probably a scam!

/Awacs

On-topic, we know you're not making money. Communities like these are a money pit, if anything. Keep up the good work, come on Minecraft more often (without TNT).

Matt
18 Nov 2010, 02:16pm
Just wanted to show you what your donations are spent on. SG is non profitable, if you think you can make profit from a gaming community, you must be crazy.

So here we go, In terms of servers

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad253/garfieldh2/Monthlybill.png

Terms of hosting

http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad253/garfieldh2/payments11.png

Plus I will be taking on the black ops bill when it's up for renewal.

I also pay $100 out of my own pocket. But will stop this as it seems the community is getting enough use out of the second dedicated. Any short months I will cover.
So that total comes to $520+ any extra we make is saved and spent when needed, we're always upgrading stuff. Bought the skins for vb4, other small things that needed purchasing, plus around $150 in prize money for various competions.

Hope this is explained to all the people who give other people inaccurate unformation.

much appreciated :thumb:

PingPong
18 Nov 2010, 03:13pm
You do a lot more then people notice garf.

Thanks for all the work you put into steamgamers.

cakeshark
18 Nov 2010, 04:28pm
thats kinda gay you gotta prove yourself to our player base. tbh i would be fine with you making a profit, a lot of effort goes into keeping SG up and running and you guys get little praise or reward.
thank you.

tinkerbell
18 Nov 2010, 04:37pm
the amount of money i have donated and other people donating hundereds of dollars, have never asked where the money is spent on, if you dont want to donate, DONT DONATE!!, but the people who love this comunity past and present have trusted haggard and garf and have a good knowledge anyway what things cost. so garf, imo pretty pointless thread!!!!!!

Tweezy
18 Nov 2010, 04:43pm
Bullshit. We know you're making money. Hell, you're probably running the servers out of your office, and taking in all the cash. Those images look photoshopped and are probably old and you changed the dates. Also, it's convenient that you sent a 'check' to that charity, so much for proof, right?

I bet this website is hosted at your house. I also bet that Garfield is Astrum, Paul, etc just on alt accounts, just so he can give the presence of balance of power. If it looks like a duck, moves like a duck, and talks like a brit, it's probably a scam!

/Awacs

On-topic, we know you're not making money. Communities like these are a money pit, if anything. Keep up the good work, come on Minecraft more often (without TNT).

Awacs, your logic is flawed... Massively. So how about you go fuck your self! I would love to see you try and do such a successful community ;) Or, another SG Rip off... You know who I'm on about ;)

Snitch&Death
18 Nov 2010, 04:52pm
Maybe start offering admin for money?

cakeshark
18 Nov 2010, 05:00pm
Maybe start offering admin for money?

you get some shit admins that way. besides, they didnt say we are strapped for cash. if any thing garf reinforced that he will carry SG on his back if need be.

Snitch&Death
18 Nov 2010, 05:02pm
you get some shit admins that way. besides, they didnt say we are strapped for cash. if any thing garf reinforced that he will carry SG on his back if need be.

Not saying in a way like that but it has its pros and cons

jeN
18 Nov 2010, 05:13pm

We had the most abusive admins under the pay system, but some idiots still get through.. somehow. :madgrin:

cakeshark
18 Nov 2010, 05:22pm
We had the most abusive admins under the pay system, but some idiots still get through.. somehow. :madgrin:

wasnt it like $9.99 a month. i shoulda just payed the money way back then, never gonna get admin now lol.

Zaraki
18 Nov 2010, 05:26pm
wasnt it like $9.99 a month. i shoulda just payed the money way back then, never gonna get admin now lol.

Way to look like a crybaby :p

Garfh, you don't have to proof anything to us...
The only thing we want is vB4 and a review of the higherups (not saying they're doing a bad job, not at all... but inactive higherups can be replaced.)

Even that is something you don't owe us.

Good work up until now and i'm sure it will stay superb as it is ;)

cakeshark
18 Nov 2010, 05:56pm
Way to look like a crybaby :p

BOLLOX

TheVirus
18 Nov 2010, 06:05pm

I got admin from the pay system :sad:

Chobber
18 Nov 2010, 06:12pm

You still wouldn't get admin back then, if you were a total le douche! (:

Just sayin'!

cakeshark
18 Nov 2010, 06:43pm
You still wouldn't get admin back then, if you were a total le douche! (:

Just sayin'!

my bad dude, i didnt realize i was ever a douche. yall should let me know huh.

Kaos
18 Nov 2010, 07:11pm
Yeah, just wanted to clear some stuff up. I love SG too much to hear people saying I make profit off SG.

Even if you did make profit, your constantly buying things and improving things with your own cash! This keep getting better and better, and these Black Ops servers have really helped. Hope it works out, and as of now, it looks as so it will.

Thanks for your commitment and personal cash donations! :thumb:

Crimson
18 Nov 2010, 07:13pm
I'm sure that will answer Suricruise question;

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33429

Prez
18 Nov 2010, 07:58pm
@Crimson, I thought about that thread when I saw this.

Also:

Goes to the pool in the vacation house in Europe, (all bought with the donation money) that the BDs swim in rather than working on SG community. Or it goes to the Drama Starting Prevention program we are working on. Your pick. If you want me to be more of a jerk that can be arranged. Cause I can cut pretty deep, so go ahead, keep it up. It'll be like last time.

Troy
18 Nov 2010, 08:18pm
DAYUM SUN dat alotah moneh yeeea, but srsly we're lucky to have a person like you in this community lol

Huwajux
18 Nov 2010, 08:27pm
Personally I wouldn't have done this. I'd rather all the people crying about you making a profit would just get fed up of SG based off their own false information and fuck off. It's becoming tiresome seeing you have to go out of your way to prove something to these people.

2DG
19 Nov 2010, 01:57am

How much would that weigh? o.O

Chobber
19 Nov 2010, 02:39am
my bad dude, i didnt realize i was ever a douche. yall should let me know huh.

I will let you know if you're a douche :)
I didn't say it in that other post, you know :D

Omar
19 Nov 2010, 04:41am

favortism. Always been there, always will be.
This is why some people are banned 4 times from the forums, yet still is unbanned, breaking the 3-ban law/rule we have.

Trogdor
19 Nov 2010, 05:54am

It sure kept shit entertaining though.

Italian Jew
19 Nov 2010, 08:58am
favortism. Always been there, always will be.
This is why some people are banned 4 times from the forums, yet still is unbanned, breaking the 3-ban law/rule we have.

Awesome! That must mean I'm a favorite, right?

Tweezy
19 Nov 2010, 09:09am
I got admin from the pay system :sad:

Makes two of, though I was one of the last...

I still find it sad that you have to say this though...

Neji
19 Nov 2010, 01:33pm

I find this post offensive. You're reported. Enjoy your perm forum ban.

NIKO
19 Nov 2010, 01:59pm
can i barrow $20

darth jacen
19 Nov 2010, 02:12pm

High
19 Nov 2010, 02:22pm

Harbor
19 Nov 2010, 03:17pm

I find this post offensive. You're reported. Enjoy your perm foru... *banned*

High
19 Nov 2010, 03:32pm
I c wat u did dere

Harbor
19 Nov 2010, 03:51pm
I c wat u did dere

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ET1xcRA3yFW5LM:http://static.funnyjunk.com/CommentPhoto/62e73021_f215_654d.jpg&t=1

Tweezy
19 Nov 2010, 04:12pm
say what?! Shit...

Bubbles
20 Nov 2010, 12:15am
I pay garf 10 a month for the buttsecks

jeN
20 Nov 2010, 12:16am

you could get it from me for free tho. am i not good enough?

Tweezy
20 Nov 2010, 03:56am

I did... He wasn't that good though o_0

Astrum
21 Nov 2010, 04:35pm
I honestly don't think this thread is warranted. If you don't trust us, then don't fucking donate and leave. What the hell is so hard about that?

PotshotPolka
21 Nov 2010, 04:56pm
I honestly don't think this thread is warranted. If you don't trust us, then don't fucking donate and leave. What the hell is so hard about that?

Ditto, I thought this was about Ngo hosting the BLOPS servers this month, then I realized it was something far more asinine.