PDA

View Full Version : GarfieldH's Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc)

barackobama
15 Nov 2010, 10:26am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Internet/Connection Issues(Lag choke etc) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
AVG Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
me What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
ehternet? Please state your problem here
Well my internet seems to work fine, then it will not load pages quick, keep losing connectivity, then I do a system restore and it's all fine, it's the 15th today I did system restore to the 11th, and now my internet is perfect.. same as last time.

Farmer Mick
15 Nov 2010, 10:31am
it's because you are looking at the penis pig too much, your isp has found out and is now monitering your obsession with penis pigs

maybe your router is dying happend to me when mine started to die

James
15 Nov 2010, 10:50am
Do you ever clear out your cache (temporary internet files)? If not then doing that could possibly solve it. Could also be caused by a virus, or a problem on your ISP's end (check on their website to check their service status)

Shadowex3
15 Nov 2010, 06:03pm
Temp cache. Ditch AVG it's gotten pretty terrible lately and is known for causing odd problems, stick with malwarebytes and spybot. Check your cables, check the wiring in the wall, and do a speedtest and post the results.

Ronen
15 Nov 2010, 06:07pm
Do you ever clear out your cache (temporary internet files)? If not then doing that could possibly solve it. Could also be caused by a virus, or a problem on your ISP's end (check on their website to check their service status)

Try this first before you touch anything else and see if it helps...I use it all the time...

*BEWARE* You may lose information stored on internet Explorer, Firefox etc.

CCleaner (http://www.piriform.com/)

Lucid
15 Nov 2010, 07:27pm
I used to have the same exact problem. I did a system restore just like you, and in a few days time it would start to suck again.

Try reinstalling all of your internet drivers and see if that works, I used to have to do that countless times.

Shadowex3
16 Nov 2010, 06:54pm
I second crapcleaner, it's quite good.

budjee
16 Nov 2010, 08:44pm
could be your firmware. be sure to update it if you haven't recently.

if it helps, you aren't the only one with this problem. a couple of my mates over here in the UK are having the same problem.

Tweezy
17 Nov 2010, 01:11am
By any chance are you on Orange? I'm having the exact same problem...

Sniper
17 Nov 2010, 12:53pm
ditto with CCleaner. Excellent program.

Itch
17 Nov 2010, 02:38pm
Garfield.. I thought you had more than one computer. Are you experiencing the problem on both computers or only on 1? If the problem can be narrowed down to one computer.. than yes try the above. If it's happening on more than one I would start looking to your router/isp for the problem.