PDA

View Full Version : Server skins

Spartan
14 Nov 2010, 07:40pm
Making a script that allows supporters, admins and super admins to change their skin on ttt. I'm making it trial only atm since I dunno if it will be any good. Might be a bit annoying to see a bunch of people running around with different skins but I feel it's been long overdue that I did something for TTT. Anyway, I've got it working atm, but I'm stuck on finding an admin skin (not superadmin) that looks decent and works. I do have one but it looks a bit gay. Oh, and hopefully I can allow normal players to change their terrorist skin.

I would also like to know your opinions on whether or not you'd actually want this addon I'm making. No point in putting it on if people don't want it.

Super admin skin I have atm: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=82001

^ The Marcus skin. Not shown in the pictures. From GOW.^

Admin skin: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=76713

^ Looks gay in-game imo. ^

Supporter: http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=83748

^ The skin on the left. Although I could change it to a different model. From COD.^

If you can find a decent skin on garrysmod.org or somewhere safe, I can give it a test. Nothing stupid please. (Note I did try some tf2 skins but they weren't working so don't post them)

Harry
14 Nov 2010, 07:45pm
I appreciate the work, but TTT is nice with everyone looking the same, in my opinion. Even on servers where everyone gets the same custom model, the default one just looks sooo much better. :\

Then again, I am a minimalist, so it's not like my opinion matters :)

Chainedlord
14 Nov 2010, 07:49pm
FUCK YEAH GOW

Spartan
14 Nov 2010, 07:52pm
I appreciate the work, but TTT is nice with everyone looking the same, in my opinion. Even on servers where everyone gets the same custom model, the default one just looks sooo much better. :\

Then again, I am a minimalist, so it's not like my opinion matters :)

The majority of players will have the same skin anyway. I haven't added the ability to change t skin and I dunno if it will actually work with the mod itself. As for the skins, the one from GOW will only be available to me, Garf, and anyone else that should get super admin. The supporter skin I'm trying to keep looking alright with the rest since their will be more. And like I say the admin skin is gay, need a better one.

Edit: If people want one of the GOW skins, I can perhaps add one to the admins, but I don't want this being ttt/GOW....

Neji
14 Nov 2010, 08:21pm
This is stupid imo... Skins are not for TTT server. I can kill somebody and they'll obviously recognize me. Or when I'm disguised, people will just see my skin and think "OHH ITS AN ADMIN AND ONLY NEJI OUT OF ADMINS IS ALIVE!! SO IT MUST BE NEJI KILL NEJI ON SIGHT!!". Thanks for the hard work Spartan, but skins will not work on TTT

Please remove them :<

Kiwi
14 Nov 2010, 08:32pm
This is stupid imo... Skins are not for TTT server. I can kill somebody and they'll obviously recognize me. Or when I'm disguised, people will just see my skin and think "OHH ITS AN ADMIN AND ONLY NEJI OUT OF ADMINS IS ALIVE!! SO IT MUST BE NEJI KILL NEJI ON SIGHT!!". Thanks for the hard work Spartan, but skins will not work on TTT

yes

PingPong
14 Nov 2010, 11:06pm
It has its positives and negatives.
I say we try it out for a while and see where it goes from then.

u egg
15 Nov 2010, 12:19am

This is exacly what I think lol. I really don't think this is a good idea :/ The skins are cool tho :p

Spartan
15 Nov 2010, 06:40am

Try taking of the skin when you don't want people to recognise you for that round? Yes? Derp?

Afamad 2.1
15 Nov 2010, 08:26pm
Can I have a skin that has the words "Afamad 2.1" inscripted in gold, with a big shiny woobly sign above me head saying, "I'm not a traitor."

Pwease :P

KScorp
15 Nov 2010, 10:57pm
Whatever, if people want them that isn't a problem, it's their choice.

Harpr33t
16 Nov 2010, 10:41am
As long as it's optional

Zealot
17 Nov 2010, 12:20am
Can I have a skin that has the words "Afamad 2.1" inscripted in gold, with a big shiny woobly sign above me head saying, "I'm not a traitor."

Pwease :P

Give him one that says !permaban Afamad

XD

I like the admin one 0.o

Neji
17 Nov 2010, 01:28pm
Try taking of the skin when you don't want people to recognise you for that round? Yes? Derp?

How about not add skins at all? Skins aren't that big of a thing. I believe everyone would like to not be recognized by their skin. And I don't have to go to menu every round Im a traitor and take off the skin...

Spartan
17 Nov 2010, 07:01pm
Then don't wear it!?

Afamad 2.1
17 Nov 2010, 07:30pm
Then don't wear it!?

Can I have a skin even if I'm not a supporter? I may not have donated 20 dollars, but I did donate one thing.

Love, and the laugh of a small child (me)!

Mad Dogg
29 Nov 2010, 02:57am
Bumb. still getting skins?
It worked on PB.