PDA

View Full Version : Name Change Kicker

Kiwi
14 Nov 2010, 04:22pm
We need something that kicks you when you change your name during a round (if possible not for specs/after/before rounds begin)

GOGOGOGOGGOOO

Harry
14 Nov 2010, 04:23pm
Not kick, but will only allow it to change at the beginning of the round.

Pretty bad when someone calls you out, they die, you change name, no one knows you were called out.

Sai
14 Nov 2010, 04:29pm
Now everyone knows it now v.v

Spartan
14 Nov 2010, 07:32pm
There is a convar already built into the mod, but I think I disabled it a while back since it sounded gay. If anything you can just tell an admin. Their steam pic and score/karma will remain the same, so it's not impossible to know it is.

Harry
14 Nov 2010, 07:49pm
There is a convar already built into the mod, but I think I disabled it a while back since it sounded gay. If anything you can just tell an admin. Their steam pic and score/karma will remain the same, so it's not impossible to know it is.
I think it should be enabled.. it would do more good than bad I think. If I say "jen is the traitor!", and no one knows what jen's avvy or karma is, they won't know if she changes her name to something else. (Just an example, she hasn't done this before).

It isn't against the rules to change your name midway to avoid people finding you, nor should it be. There should just be protection against it, I think... I see no legit reason to be able to change your name mid-way through the game other than to avoid people finding you.