PDA

View Full Version : Nishok's Other Issues(please be detailed)

Nishok
14 Nov 2010, 05:42am
Tech Support Help TicketWhat general section does your problem fall under
Other Issues(please be detailed) What is your Operating System (OS)
Windows 7 If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
- Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
- Do you understand complex tech explanations
Yes Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
Yes Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
Yes What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
Kaspersky Internet Security Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
I did What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
External Harddisk Please state your problem here
I have a harddisk (750GB) for 2 years already and now suddenly it asks me to reformat. Is there a program taht makes me able to view all the files in it and copy them into another drive I have? Because I have a lot of stuff I need to get off of it before I do the reformat.

Thanks

Shadowex3
14 Nov 2010, 11:02am
External cases pretty much ARE how you get files off a bungled hdd. If it's demanding you reformat something is very wrong, filesystem errors are BAD.

Nishok
14 Nov 2010, 12:02pm
Hmm, I can't even open the HDD on Linux :/

Shadowex3
15 Nov 2010, 06:00pm
Filesystem errors are BAD shit, if that dies you're basically left with a paperweight until you reformat it. If linux wont work with you then you're basically fucked.

Nishok
20 Nov 2010, 07:17am
Well, I tried linux (again today) and it still just doesn't show anything.
But the thing is, programs in windows DO show the stuff inside it.

Here are the programs I used:
-Recover My Files
-GetDataBack
-UFS Explorer PRO

All 3 of these I can get my data back, but EVERYTHING has a name like "Recovered_X" instead of the original name and folders. And I don't want to rename 38,447 files (160GB).

I have used the trial version of UFS Explorer Standard Recovery 4.4 (Not the PRO) And this program does show the original names + folders, but I can only copy 64kb files, and not bigger (because of the trial version) But I really can't afford a license...

Shadowex3
20 Nov 2010, 08:58pm
Odd.