PDA

View Full Version : Explosive Barrels

Kaos
11 Nov 2010, 08:15pm
Here is the common case made simple:
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9530/capturehgp.png

Explosive barrels usually lead to RDM, mass murder, or RQ,QQ,Revenge Killing.

I think we can solve this problem not by removing explosive barrels or altering the game, but by making a rule saying picking them up is traitorous. We already know if they are shot and damage, they are traitorous, but why not go the whole way. Just a thought..

Drox
11 Nov 2010, 08:30pm
I wouldnt say picking them up should be a traitorous act but instead how about if you pick up the barrel and someone shoots it then both get punished, if the person who shoots it cant be spotted then the person who picked it up would still get punished for RDMing.

Vader
11 Nov 2010, 09:04pm
But the barrels make it fun! Makes people QQ which I love!

Zealot
11 Nov 2010, 11:47pm
I play gmod quite a bit and this is really annoying, ESPECIALLY if traitors/detecs get rdm'd right at the beginning of the round.

Don't explode barrels when I'm playing -_-

u egg
12 Nov 2010, 03:16am
Barrels are awesome. I often watch them and wait for someone to be blown up LOL then I laugh my ass off. Then if someone is slayed because of it I completly roflmao. But I never blow them up.
Don't make a rule agaisnt them kthx :D

Neji
12 Nov 2010, 06:52am
You see a barrel - don't come close to it.

Simple :>

People are stupid sometimes... They QQ about being killed by the barrel, but they were the ones that came close to it.

Deceitful Ninja
12 Nov 2010, 07:34am
If an innocent kills another innocent or a traitor with an explosive barrel it's rdm and slay/bannable. I don't think anything else needs to be said. For that there's more than an enough idiots who shouldn't even be allowed to pick up a gun for similar reasons.

James
12 Nov 2010, 08:13am
Well here is a thing called common sense people. In most games with guns, there is usually explosive barrels/TNT etc etc. Now if you don't wish your body to turn inside out by an explosion, then stay the f**k away from them!! simple!!

Zealot
12 Nov 2010, 10:58am

People are stupid sometimes... They QQ about being killed by the barrel, but they were the ones that came close to it.

Well here is a thing called common sense people. In most games with guns, there is usually explosive barrels/TNT etc etc. Now if you don't wish your body to turn inside out by an explosion, then stay the f**k away from them!! simple!!

Um, no. Take borders for example. Someone brings a barrel into testing chamber where 6-7 people are going after the deagles --> some smartass crowbars the barrel --> qq.

Yall need to play more often because this is only happening recently.

duhoh
12 Nov 2010, 11:16am
well for the record, i pick up barrels and go to the middle of the clearings, and usually only the ones who wanna RDM me (jen *cough* *cough*) crowbar the barrel or shoot it.

other times, ppl just deag me in the head :D

jeN
12 Nov 2010, 11:25am
but i like barrels

Afamad 2.1
12 Nov 2010, 01:53pm
Are you people TRYING to get rid of the only thing that keeps me sane?

Kaos
12 Nov 2010, 02:38pm
Are you people TRYING to get rid of the only thing that keeps me sane?

Your sane?!

I have ignored the matter until i was RDM'ed 4 times yesterday cause people chase me with them. And when i kill them, im accused for RDM. I dont care about picking up barrels, but if you chase me with one, your dead and your "QQ, HE RDM'ed ME!" bullshit isnt going to work..

The Famous Zombie Hunter
12 Nov 2010, 03:56pm
Guys, its a simple matter.

1. No one should be punished for barrels except for the shooter.
2. If you see someone with an explosive barrel, simply run the fuck away.
3. If they follow you, tell them to go away.
4. If they keep following you, idk about the rest of you, but I'd say someone trying to put something beside me that can instantly kill me is a traitorous act. Kill the fucker.

Problem solved. Anyone who's dumb enough to hang around the barrel and jump on top of it deserves to be blown up. That still don't mean innocents or detectives should blow it up though :P RDM's RDM, no matter how you look at it.

mikeypoo
13 Nov 2010, 05:02am
i troll with barrels for the luls dont remove plzthx

leeroyjenkinsboy
14 Nov 2010, 12:09pm
I hate barrels SO MUCH I like picking up=traiterous

Harry
14 Nov 2010, 12:41pm
DM Island (lighthouse) + Neji + some other jokesters = LOL.

KScorp
14 Nov 2010, 01:03pm
Barrels work like any other weapon or method of killing people. If you use the barrel to RDM, you get the same punishment if you used your shotgun to kill the same people. As for the people carrying the barrel (and following people around with it), they're basically putting a bomb next to you that can go off at any second. Sounds a lot like C4 to me, so I'd kill them if they come anywhere near me.

The person shooting the barrel is obviously RDMing if they're innocent and end up killing innocents for no reason. As for the person carrying the barrel, there needs to be a rule established about it. I'd say carrying barrels with the obvious intention of putting others in danger (such as carrying them into the testing chambers of borders while people are inside) is a traitorous act, and if the barrel goes off and successfully kills other innocents (if you're an innocent) then you should be punished for RDM.

But definitely do not remove them. They're another tool for traitors that can be used very effectively in the right hands. Simply punish innocents who RDM with them.

mikeypoo
14 Nov 2010, 11:37pm
Quit crying about barrels. It's a fucking game and barrel deaths are LULS

Elfbarf
15 Nov 2010, 10:40am
PARTY IN THE LIGHTHOUSE!

(von dutch) delta force 8
15 Nov 2010, 11:26am
PARTY IN THE LIGHTHOUSE!
PARTY IN THE LIGHTHOUSE!

D-Team oll
15 Nov 2010, 11:38am
DM Island (lighthouse) + Neji + some other jokesters = LOL.

that was lols
WOOT FOR 905 reduced damage

Kiwi
15 Nov 2010, 01:32pm
that was lols
WOOT FOR 905 reduced damage

Your damage healed who you were shooting?

Kaos
15 Nov 2010, 04:20pm
PARTY IN THE LIGHTHOUSE!

I BETTER GET MY FUCKIN' INVITE THIS TIME, ELF!!! :censored:

Afamad 2.1
15 Nov 2010, 05:52pm
If it wasn't known, I'd like to say I'm against removal of explosive barrels. They need me, and I need them.

Bad Dog
15 Nov 2010, 08:28pm
Thinking the guy who is holding an explosive object in front of his face while trigger happy morons crowd around him is a traitor...is pretty damn stupid.

D-Team oll
16 Nov 2010, 08:31am
Your damage healed who you were shooting?

meant to to be 90%

(von dutch) delta force 8
16 Nov 2010, 11:34am
Steer clear of barrels that have this red paint and a vig flamish like symbol on em and all will be fine

also, common sense is uncommon these day, don't rely to much on the thought that 10 persons standing around a barrel is guarantee of safety, instead, its a guarantee of imminent death

Harpr33t
16 Nov 2010, 07:12pm
Lets just end this at:

NO game is Dumb proof.